Quantcast
Acoustic Nylon Strings - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acoustic Nylon Strings
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Acoustic Nylon Strings

I like the D'Addario EJ45 strings - normal tension. But, only the last three. The first 3 (especially the G) are really dead. I've tried multiple sets on multiple guitars (Goya, Epiphone, Salmanca) and got the same results. I know the last time I bought strings they were D'Addario, but I don't remember which ones. They were great. What are you usin' that don't suffer from the first 3 sounding dead?

TNX
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I use the Daddario's but use the hard or extra hard tension. The others just feel too soft. I find them very well balanced between the wound and nylon string sets.
Old 6th June 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
how many times do you wind the string on the peg? I pull it tight with 0 winds. pinch it under the string itself and tune to no more than 1/4 turn. gives great life and brilliance. 1 full wind will kill your tone. especially on nylons.
Old 8th June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Does the "hard tension" put more tension on the neck like a heavier gauge string or just mean that the string is a little harder to pull? I don't want/need more tension on the neck.

TNX
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…