SSL 9K Power Supply Fuse - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SSL 9K Power Supply Fuse
Old 8th March 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
SSL 9K Power Supply Fuse

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what a good fuse replacement would be for a 9k power supply. I've got some pictures I've attached.

The KTK-30 is just what was originally put in as a replacement. It lasted until recently, now they've been blowing fairly quickly. I want to make sure the fuse is right before assuming something else is wrong.

Or if you could even just point me to someone who might have an answer. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
SSL 9K Power Supply Fuse-imag0074.jpg   SSL 9K Power Supply Fuse-imag0073.jpg   SSL 9K Power Supply Fuse-imag0072.jpg   SSL 9K Power Supply Fuse-imag0070.jpg  
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Fuses usually blow for a reason, so I would advise getting a qualified tech in to suss out WHY it's blowing fuses. As for the fuse value, the yellow label that says "Bussman" on it that is laying in the bottom of the unit looks like it is supposed to go on the fuse holder and should have all of the info you need. BE VERY CAREFUL retrieving the label as there are LETHAL VOLTAGES inside. TURN OFF the MAINS supply at the breaker panel (or UN-PLUG it if that's an option) BEFORE sticking your hand in there.
Best,
Ike
Old 9th March 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Hey Ike,

Thanks for the response. Yea I've already gone in and looked at everything in there. The yellow tag is accurate, but that power supply is for a full analog supply. The supply under it is a half analog supply. They require different fuses but they have the exact same fuse block model with the same spec, yet they require different fuses for each supply regardless.

So, while I'm 95% positive it's not the fuse that is the problem, I was just curious if anyone could actually confirm that I do in fact have a proper replacement fuse being used for the full analog supply. Thanks again Ike!
Old 10th March 2012
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Hi Lee,
do you still have the console service manual vol.1? there should be fuse ratings in chapter 1. Full capacity analog = 30A, Half capacity analog = 20A. Did the fuse blow during power up? What if you turn on the psu with the console breaker off, did the fuse blow too?
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…