The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Juno 60 Intermittent Resets
Old 17th October 2010
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Juno 60 Intermittent Resets

Hope someone has can help me on this..
*Sometimes when I switch on the synth it will reset a few times before I have touched anything else on the synth.
*Most of the time now I have able to consistently get it to reset by selecting any patch and clicking the chorus buttons or other params.
*The transpose and hold leds go darker sometimes intermittently.. If i push the metal below the transpose button then the leds sometimes go to full brightness again.
*The transpose functionality itself only works sometimes.. switching it off is often not possible [yes I dont forget to click the c key]
*Checked the battery, it outputs 2.6v.. so that should not be the issue.
*I tried another power cable as I heard that can cause these resets.. no difference.

I've was told by a tech that the one prob is due to a microscopic crack in the transpose button solder points.. So I resoldered the button contacts a while ago and it fixed that problem... for a few days.. Basically it's clear that on the left pcb minor flexing is messing this up.. how can one fix that?
I'm postulating that the resets may be the caused by pcb flexing/trace contact issues on the right pcb..

Both problems *seem* to be not be related, but maybe I'm wrong.
I found someone else has had the same reset issues: here
Hi,my juno 60 has been - FixYa

Thanks in advance for any input

Last edited by szf; 17th October 2010 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 17th October 2010
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well, depending on the complexity of that pcb, and supposing that it's no more than two layer (top and bottom) you could re-do all the tracks with solid AWG30 wire or smaller. I knew a repair technician who once did this on a portion of the mainboard in a Kenwood mini system. It worked. It just takes a lot of time.

Also, if this board has connectors, like Molex minifit type, except with spade type contacts, you might want to pull the metal contacts out from the housing and inspect them. I once bought a non-functional JVC QL-A7 turntable on ebay for 25$ (look it up if you can find one) and the problem ended up being those metal contacts were broken in the housing... Go figure.

But my guess is like yours: it must be a micro-crack in the traces.

I wish you the best of luck in this repair,

cheers,

2N1305
Old 18th October 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
thanks for the help, hope it's the just the connectors as suggested
Old 20th January 2012
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Just wanted to document this one for others... it was the connectors on the mainboard!
.. I noticed that a background crackling noise went away when I pushed down on them, after I reseated them... crackling went away, as well as the intermittent resets! Never had a problem since then..
I'll guess that the connector came a bit loose when ups threw it around in the box without bubble wrap/(or any other material to absorb shock) that a certain commercial vintage gear seller sent it in.
Old 21st February 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I also have this problem as well... do you know which connector it is?
Old 21st February 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennaOkoye ➑️
I also have this problem as well... do you know which connector it is?
As marked, if re-seating doesn't fix it for you, try the others behind it, as I think I also reseated those afterwards for good measure.
Attached Thumbnails
Juno 60 Intermittent Resets-junoresets.jpg  
Old 3rd April 2021
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Keep coming back to this thread every few years. After wiggling the connector my juno 60 is good for 2-3 more years of stable usage.

πŸ™
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…