The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Building an OPTO compressor, help ?!
Old 21st April 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
that's all good and well, but we need a schematic. It's like, hmm, that's a real good cake, I think I'll make one just like it. Without a recipe.

First, and this isn't meant to sound harsh or insulting, but please get a multimeter. You are flying BLIND. any multimeter. an analog multimeter. Your dad's multimeter or a friend's.

Then we can help you out better. We need you to be able to tell us the information we need, and unless you can tell us at least voltages at which point in the schematic, well, it's difficult to help... thumbsup
Old 21st April 2010 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
ok nope, still no light after these two !
Old 22nd April 2010 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
i know .. :( I'm finding it difficult without a multimeter but the project is due today so i am just going to wing it and try and get this circuit going! thanks for all your help though i couldnt have asked for anymore !
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hi
You should be going into the preamp first then the power amp.
With the 2 combined this way you should then have plenty of gain available.
The preamp board output will not have enough CURRENT to drive a bulb, but the 1 watt amp board will be fine. You must put a resistor in series with the bulb (if less than say 9 volt rating) and definately when using a LED.
You can of course check it is working by attaching the output of the 1 watt amp to a loudspeaker and you should get 'music'.
Matt S
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
i bloody thought that aswell ! but continued to do it the way i was doing it ! thankyou because at this moment in time i was about to take the whole thing apart and start again haha, i dont know what i would do without you matt ! Your inspiring me to take up electronics !
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hi
Another tip:
Stop farting about on the internet and just do the electronics and read some proper books!
Matt S
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
haha, good tip !
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Hi Guys, i got the LED lighting beautifully with input. The only problem was i couldnt manage to get any audio output from it, now my time has run out i am handing it in as is ! thank you all for your help and i'll definetely have to credit the forum !

Now i cant wait to start a "proper" version and give it a good go !
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…