Quantcast
Essay survay SAE student - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Essay survay SAE student
Old 23rd November 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Essay survay SAE student

Hi my name is Joel and im currently about to finish my studies on SAE stockholm. Im writing a essay about consolltables, and in this essay I wanted to bring some ideés from other people, pro or semi-pro dosen´t matter.

Basicly I have 3 questions, and I´d love to if you wanted to share your experience and thoughts. For this to be as serious as possible I´d like you to awnser the questions by typing for ex...

1) awnser/idéa
2) awnser/idéa... you get the picture

And also please write if I can quote you or not in my essay and also your age . Thank you

Q1) What whas your first meeting with a consoltable, brand, model, Analog/digital? Feelings, complicated, fun? etc

Q2) Are you working with any consoltable right now? why / why not?

Q3) In the future, what do you think will happen with the workflow, working with consoltables, how will it inprove? are we going to se only digitaltables on the market? Are we going to se less tables in studios in the future, nowadays many people ( offen semi-pro ) are working with protools on their computor with just some pre-amps and interfaces.

/ if there is any questions just ask! Thanks for the help!
best regards Joel

I know that this could take some time to do, if you just got little time I would appriciate if you could awnser Q3 just some thoughts about the future of mixingconsols in studios.
thank you !
Old 24th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Q1
For me it was a simple Mackie 8-bus. Even though that wasn't exactly the greatest console I've ever worked with, I remember feelings of excitement, inspiration and motivation. I wanted to know everything about it, and the craft I was learning.

Q2
I work in the US. The place I work at has an aged QuadEight Westar. Its definitely not a definitive QuadEight that most covet, but it works for us. We track to hard drive through Nuendo, using outboard converters, pres and compressors mostly, but we do use the inboard EQs (they are quite handy). Recording is controlled strictly through the DAW and remote DAW controller. However, the console gives us a great deal of flexibility in routing signals here and there, monitoring, mult-ing, etc. We use DAW automation, as the console does not have an automation system.

Most of the time, the console serves as a large table. Most of the time we bypass the console during tracking except for monitoring, EQ, and foldback. Sometimes we return individual or group tracks from Nuendo for live mixing during tracking. We don't really make it a point to use the console for analog summing, but we can. Nevertheless, my opinion is that a good analog console, (or large format digital for that matter) is a high priority for efficient studio work. There are some things that a console will do that a sole ITB solution cannot compete with.

So to summarize, our working system is a hybrid DAW-console blend.

Before I worked at this establishment, I ran a simple pro tools LE rig with no controller. Having now experienced the benefits of using a console and DAW blend I can say that I would like to continue working with both an analog console and a DAW system.

-Andrew
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…