Quantcast
Logic PROblems - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic PROblems
Old 9th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Logic PROblems

Hi Slutz, this is my first post...I have just got Logic pro and I have a few problems that are probably very simple to remedy...I have searched the site/Logic manual for solutions but no joy...Can anyone help....?

1-How do I move a channel strip in the mixer window?....

I can't arrange my aux tracks/submixes as I would like, unless I create them in the order I ultimatly want them in.

2-How do you split a stereo track imported from protools into 2 monos?

Even when I import the files as monos (e.g. Overhead Left and Overhead Right) they arive in the audio bin as a stereo, and unlike Protools, I can't pan my Overheads as I want in a Logic stereo channel strip.

Forgive me if these are stupid questions...I Love the site..Thanks
Old 9th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Cannonball-

Unfortunately I'm at work and do not have logic to look at. The environment window is mostly the same from version 7.0 through Pro 8.0 so:

1) In the Environment window you will need to uncheck the option to protect cables/objects first. Then you can
click and move items.

2) in the Arrange window, set up 2 audio tracks as mono, by clicking track # 1 in the arrange (for example tracks 1 & 2). This will bring up the fader for this track in the lower left area. Next, at the bottom of the fader is either a single circle or or 2 circles joined like the infinit sign. Click on this to change from stereo to mono. Click to mono. Do the same operation for track 2.

Next have the 2 tracks you want to bring in on your desktop. make sure the bar line indicator is at bar 0. Highlight the track you are going to bring the file into first. Then go to your desktop, click and grab the file, pull it into logic on track # 1.

Did that help ?

Let me know.

Lon

Last edited by lon kennedy; 9th February 2009 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: Prmaturely put the note up. Sorry !
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…