Quantcast
LT1469 opamp, good for audio? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LT1469 opamp, good for audio?
Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
LT1469 opamp, good for audio?

Is the LT1469 opamp any good for audio (summing amp)?
Old 27th January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I don't see why not. A lot of the time specs can mean a lot to part choices, sometimes they don't mean anything. What I'm saying is that there are plenty of opamps that have great specs but might not sound good for whatever reasons. You'll have to do subjective testing to get what you want.

That being said, I think the AD825 and the LM6172 sound good and should be plenty good for summing.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well I know Monte P. McGuire picked out the 1469 above a few others for that Symetrix SX202 mod a few years back, so it must have impressed someone.
Gear Guru
Better parts are available for summing. You want very large open loop gain in the audio band to resolve all those channels with low noise. The LME49720 is much better as is the AD 8599. The LM6172 has too great a bandwidth and too much noise to use as a summing opamp, it will have stability issues.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams ➡️
Better parts are available for summing. You want very large open loop gain in the audio band to resolve all those channels with low noise. The LME49720 is much better as is the AD 8599. The LM6172 has too great a bandwidth and too much noise to use as a summing opamp, it will have stability issues.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
My Delta 1010 was modded by Black Lion with LM6172 opamps. What would be a better opamp than LM6172 for the Delta 1010?

Thanks.
Old 29th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams ➡️

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Thank you, Jim. I'll give those a try and save the lt1469 for channel buffers.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…