Quantcast
U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap
Old 23rd January 2009
U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap

hei guys.. it looks fukkingi cheap..

lightweight body..alumnium..

external psu.. but I wonder why? they say, they used original parts.. like the original cable? :D

what do you thhink?
Attached Thumbnails
U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap-bild-346.jpg   U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap-bild-347.jpg   U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap-bild-350.jpg   U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap-bild-351.jpg   U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap-bild-352.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2009
ppa
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
It's very kind..............
How much cost the mic body?

Pier Paolo
Old 23rd January 2009 | Show parent
I would say 50 euro.. heh
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Where did you get it George?

Stef
ppa
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola ➡️
I would say 50 euro.. heh
Does Who sell this mic body?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowak ➡️
Where did you get it George?

Stef
I didnt get it.. I was at a customers studio.. he showed me his "U47".. I was so much disappointed by the buildquality, that I had to take fotos and ask you guys what you think..

cheers
Old 24th January 2009 | Show parent
ppa
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Have you seen a chinese clone?.....................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppa ➡️
Have you seen a chinese clone?.....................
it LOOOOKS AND FEELS like one.

what do the experts say?
ppa
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I can say to you my personal experience with a chinese mic.
Personally I have a heavily modified a famous Telefunken mic clone made in China, changing the circuit topology, and know in depth the microphone. It was built well, only that the wiring was significant and not inspired confidence to me. Then I had to redo everything, moreover, some changes was necessary because the topology and the components that I used were different to the original.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
it LOOOOKS AND FEELS like one.

what do the experts say?

It is definately fake, non original parts, the head grill is totally wrong, build quality is crappy, coupling cap is german, but that is probably it.

can you remove the screws at the base of the head grill so i can see the capsule.

cheers.
Old 24th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
hei guys.. it looks fukkingi cheap..

lightweight body..alumnium..

the U47 body tube is aluminium!!

cheers
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
dear georg

that it is light and looks "cheap" (in relation to the price they fetch) was the first thing i thought when i saw an original u47 in/outside.
the important thing, the performance in the most original manner and the reproduction to original specs you will not find in the LOOKS or the hype of self-proclaimed mic-gurus, but there were true knowledge lies .
good luck in your hunt thumbsup

btw: most if not all u47 cloners use the same metalwork from flea, some of them are improved to more original look. i think tele usa makes their own.

cheers
Old 25th January 2009 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by pongmaster ➡️
that it is light and looks "cheap" (in relation to the price they fetch) was the first thing i thought when i saw an original u47 in/outside.
the important thing, the performance in the most original manner and the reproduction to original specs you will not find in the LOOKS or the hype of self-proclaimed mic-gurus, but there were true knowledge lies .
good luck in your hunt thumbsup

btw: most if not all u47 cloners use the same metalwork from flea, some of them are improved to more original look. i think tele usa makes their own.

cheers
I did not hear this mic.. but I had a wagner in my hands.. and it felt more robust. heavier.. and the body, altough it looks similar to this one, was looking more "quality"

cheers
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I did not hear this mic.. but I had a wagner in my hands.. and it felt more robust. heavier.. and the body, altough it looks similar to this one, was looking more "quality"

cheers
its the same metalwork ....another day, another perception, mon amiheh
Quote:
its the same metalwork ....another day, another perception, mon amiheh
Haha, merci beaucoup. Then have a look at the guts of the mic. What do you think?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah, ummm... that's a FLEA body. Pong is right. It's the same thing that Wagner, Wunder and everybody else uses, except T-USA, who now make their own, even though they used to use it.

Real U47, have external PSUs, as do all tubes mics.

BTW, these body kits cost about $1,500 US, if not more. They are not cheap.

I can't see the shunt grid resistor and the capsule bias resistor, but I hate seeing those blue metal film resistors. I can't see what brand of coupling cap he's got, but at least it's not electrolytic, like one big manufacturer uses.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblair ➡️
Yeah, ummm... that's a FLEA body. Pong is right. It's the same thing that Wagner, Wunder and everybody else uses, except T-USA, who now make their own, even though they used to use it.

Real U47, have external PSUs, as do all tubes mics.

BTW, these body kits cost about $1,500 US, if not more. They are not cheap.

I can't see the shunt grid resistor and the capsule bias resistor, but I hate seeing those blue metal film resistors. I can't see what brand of coupling cap he's got, but at least it's not electrolytic, like one big manufacturer uses.

the coupling cap is the same as gunter uses, an ero or roederstein nos german film. actually it is a great cap.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
hi george, long time no see

the mic above is the one from he studio technik
http://www.hestudiotechnik.de/image/.../2008/VS47.jpg
     h&e     Studiotechnik          

-max
Old 29th January 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
VS47 looking cheap?

I've had this microphone here for the last week and it certainly didn't look or feel cheap. I think it's the FLEA body, but the headgrill is flattened (almost the same shape as a 'real' U47), and neither is the build quality in any way sub par.
We did some tests (mono drums, OH, front of kit, acoustic guitar and female vocal). We compared it with the Brauner VM1, a U48 (w.K47) and a CMV563 (w.M7).
We found this to be a great microphone really - on drums it sounds simply georgeous. Impossibly good room mic. Sounds very, very 'real' so to speak. On acoustic guitar it was quite nice too, something I find remarkable for a U47-type of microphone. Funny thing is that it's response is rather flat whereas the U48 at hand had the characteristic mid 'bump'. On the other hand, the Vertigo had some more ultra low end and definitely way more top end. It sounds slightly processed and maybe, compared to the U48 at least, somewhat 'modern'. It has no overly hyped top, but there's quite some there nevertheless. Although nothing like the VM1 still. Proximity effect is slightly different then the K47 equipped U48 as well. Reminds me of a Horch RM2J.
Since it did so well in these applications, we where very excited to try the Vertigo on my friends voice, but here we still like the Brauner more. In the past, it's been either the VM1 for her or a M49 when we need a darker mic. The Vertigo thickens up her voice in a funny spot - as does the U48 btw (strangely, they sound very dissimilar as such, but exhibited the same kind of 'eq' on her voice). It sounded really very well on my low (male) voice though. So, all in all, a very fine and very characteristic U47-type microphone AFAIC, definitely nothing 'cheap' about it.
Old 29th January 2009 | Show parent
thanx.. I didnt like the body, and what was in there.. espacially the capsule looked "interesting".

but you know.. I did no recordings, mentioned in the first post. It was just the GUTS.

so, if it records well, then please ignore my posts and continue to buy some.

cheers
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mics ➡️
the head grill is totally wrong, build quality is crappy,
care to explain that?
to me it looks like a original u47 head.
i think the crappy pix are misleading (sorry george)
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
thanx.. I didnt like the body, and what was in there.. espacially the capsule looked "interesting".

but you know.. I did no recordings, mentioned in the first post. It was just the GUTS.

so, if it records well, then please ignore my posts and continue to buy some.

cheers
time to chime in...

its a thiersch-capsule..as good as it gets on this planet...

how about stop posting meaningless comments, based on the knowledge in vintage microphones of about a gc-employee, about other peoples excellent work and lifelong knowledge?

your comments bring up the question, if you're not better suited in the
graphic business?

cheers
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioaudio ➡️
care to explain that?
to me it looks like a original u47 head.
i think the crappy pix are misleading (sorry george)

The original U47 headgrill looks very different to that one. The top is the giveaway, whilst they have flattened out the top, the original U47 has no vertical rise on the top section of the grill, it is an arc that starts directly from the joint.

cheers
Old 31st January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mics ➡️
The original U47 headgrill looks very different to that one. The top is the giveaway, whilst they have flattened out the top, the original U47 has no vertical rise on the top section of the grill, it is an arc that starts directly from the joint.

cheers
Are youy sure there was only one version of the U47 headgrill? From the PDF's and pics on the Neumann site and various pics on the web I noticed differences.
Old 31st January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:

cheers
Yeah...but how much cost the wagner? well u know! so if the sounds its just good maybe be not so bad..

So why instead of giving us a cosmetic opinion, why you did not do the right thing?? use your ears , try the mic and listen to it!!!

man you always so skeptical and so bad talk , and when you have a mic in your hands you did not even try it before having something to say..

actually if you could record the mic and give us your opinion based in sound would be more helpful. but anyway George, we like your acid comments!!
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Quote:
time to chime in...

its a thiersch-capsule..as good as it gets on this planet...

how about stop posting meaningless comments, based on the knowledge in vintage microphones of about a gc-employee, about other peoples excellent work and lifelong knowledge?

your comments bring up the question, if you're not better suited in the
graphic business?

cheers
I will try gardending soon.

I had a wagner in my hands (actually was allowed to mount and hear it heh). and the wagner looked and felt more "value", heavier. but if you say they have exactly the same body, then I am wrong on that.

and you are true, that I should listen and not only looking.

I will try gardening now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel ➡️
Yeah...but how much cost the wagner? well u know! so if the sounds its just good maybe be not so bad..

So why instead of giving us a cosmetic opinion, why you did not do the right thing?? use your ears , try the mic and listen to it!!!

man you always so skeptical and so bad talk , and when you have a mic in your hands you did not even try it before having something to say..

actually if you could record the mic and give us your opinion based in sound would be more helpful. but anyway George, we like your acid comments!!
I will as soon as I have the chance.. it is not mine.. and my time-management "due to gardening" is.. bad.

thanx for your opininos.

cheerio
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
New UHU Tube Microphone

i had the opportunity to score a unique handmade microphone built around the legendary UHU-por tube with a new double-whopper capsule.
if you look closely you can see the R in a circle on the tube, that was the selection-stamp from UHU in the early fifties. R stands for Recording.

georg, what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap-uhu-tube-microphone.jpg   U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap-guts.jpg  
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
with absorbtion - body

another cool feature is the absorbtive body that eliminates the reflection from the mic-body to the wall and back causing comb-filtering!thumbsup
Attached Thumbnails
U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap-uhu-tube-mic-abs.jpg  
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Spider Shockmount

..the best is: it can climb the walls for proper mic-placement with this Spider Shockmount
Attached Thumbnails
U47 clone CLM-shop.. looks cheap-uhu-tube-microphone-spider-shockmount.jpg  
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…