Vintech Dual 72 broken - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vintech Dual 72 broken
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Vintech Dual 72 broken

Hi everyone!

Recently I got scammed and bought a broken Vintech Dual 72 rack preamp. Worse than that it happened through a buyer’s protection system (a flawed one).

So my studio tech asked if I can get the schematics of the circuit.
Contacted Vintech (a weird AOL address), Vintage King Audio and Sweetwater but got no response.

I was wondering if someone could help me since I’m already sick of this whole situation and just want to get the preamp fixed and move on.

Thanks in advance!

Moreira
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

This is not good. What's broken? What is not working? Post a photo of the open device. I have no schematics, sorry.

I found a small photo on the web. Dual 1272 type preamp with linear power supply. As long as the unit is complete, the fault should be easy to repair.
Attached Images
Vintech Dual 72 broken-vintech_audio_1272_preamp_neve_1272_dual_72_free_shipping_06_kh.jpg 
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
It’s not working at all. The gain fluctuates immensely and it turns on/off as it pleases.

Even though the Buyer’s protection system assumed that this was a problem caused by the delivery company and it was my fault not to refuse it when it arrived, my studio tech found some weird things going on the circuit.
(Photos attached)

I was wondering if someone could help me contact Vintech.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintech Dual 72 broken-f038e8fc-54d3-4605-b2a6-ebebca0bff28.jpg   Vintech Dual 72 broken-d16c39dc-9b1d-465b-a1e0-52caf8101f13.jpg   Vintech Dual 72 broken-a03f6b19-6a2e-47be-9366-3276fe49012f.jpg   Vintech Dual 72 broken-c081d91a-8311-4efb-8473-55c225183e99.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

There may be some contacts other than Vintage King Audio and Sweetwater .
https://web.archive.org/web/20200710...m/dealers.html

Call Dallas Upton president Vintech Audio at 813-334-7927

Boulder Colorado:
Mickey Houlihan at "Wind over the Earth"
Phone 303-443-9822 www.windovertheearth.com

Craig Calistro at Calistro Music www.calistromusic.com

Soundpure at www.soundpure.com or phone:919-682-5552

Contact Atlas Pro Audio at their website: www.atlasproaudio.com or call them at 1-866-235-0953
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Or contact Vintech http://www.vintech-audio.com/
Contact them at:

Phone toll free: 1-877-4-mic-pre

Vintech Audio
9828 Gallagher Road
Dover, Fl 33527

email: [email protected]
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaoMoreira ➡️
It’s not working at all. The gain fluctuates immensely and it turns on/off as it pleases.

Even though the Buyer’s protection system assumed that this was a problem caused by the delivery company and it was my fault not to refuse it when it arrived, my studio tech found some weird things going on the circuit.
(Photos attached)

I was wondering if someone could help me contact Vintech.
Yes, the yellow thing is indeed strange. It seems to be some kind of (mu?) metal shield for the second line input. It seems that the transformer radiates into the line signal magnetically. Probably a user modification...

From my point of view it has nothing to do with the described problems. I think the power supply is the culprit. Do the voltages stay constant where you expect them to be? Check all voltages over time.

I recognized on a photo ( near the LED indicator IC) a yellow tantalum capacitor. These guys are always suspicious if they are part of the (local) power supply. Check all tantalum caps too!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Vintech (and Upton mics) has an alternative email that goes to their hard working office manager and technician Billy Pratt. Probably a lot of folks know him for the additional assembly work he does on DIY preamps etc. That email is

vintechaudio9828 (at) gmail.com
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…