Quantcast
Replacement for Groove Tubes AM62 Power Supply - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Replacement for Groove Tubes AM62 Power Supply
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Replacement for Groove Tubes AM62 Power Supply

Hey Guys, sorry for the desperate attemt. Soo both Power supplys on my Alesis Groove Tubes AM62 (later called GT67) Stereo Set died about 1 week apart. I tried contacting Fender (who aquired Groove tubes) about it which wasnt very helpful. I then tried asking a specialized Microphone Repair tech for advice who said its a generic China PSU and should be easy enough to replace... and there were Tons on Ali Express or similar sites or i might find one on Ebay.
Well I looked and whilst i can find a ton of 7-pin PSUs the particular 6-pin Alesis used either doesnt exist anymore or im simply too bad to find it.
Question 1: might anyone know where to get one
Question 2: if not would it be possible to use a 7-pin and replace the connector of the 7-Pin with the 6-pin one ? (sorry i rly dont know a lot about this stuff)
If it helps ill include some pictures

Kind regards Alareya
Attached Thumbnails
Replacement for Groove Tubes AM62 Power Supply-psu-back.jpg   Replacement for Groove Tubes AM62 Power Supply-psu-front.jpg   Replacement for Groove Tubes AM62 Power Supply-psu-open.jpg   Replacement for Groove Tubes AM62 Power Supply-psu-top.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alareya ➡️
Hey Guys, sorry for the desperate attemt. Soo both Power supplys on my Alesis Groove Tubes AM62 (later called GT67) Stereo Set died about 1 week apart. I tried contacting Fender (who aquired Groove tubes) about it which wasnt very helpful. I then tried asking a specialized Microphone Repair tech for advice who said its a generic China PSU and should be easy enough to replace... and there were Tons on Ali Express or similar sites or i might find one on Ebay.
Well I looked and whilst i can find a ton of 7-pin PSUs the particular 6-pin Alesis used either doesnt exist anymore or im simply too bad to find it.
Question 1: might anyone know where to get one
Question 2: if not would it be possible to use a 7-pin and replace the connector of the 7-Pin with the 6-pin one ? (sorry i rly dont know a lot about this stuff)
If it helps ill include some pictures

Kind regards Alareya
Hi, why don't you get the power supplies repaired? A skilled technician will find and fix the problem in minutes. These power supplies are not rocket science. Cheers
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock soderstrom ➡️
Hi, why don't you get the power supplies repaired? A skilled technician will find and fix the problem in minutes. These power supplies are not rocket science. Cheers
Hey, I already spoke to a tech and he suggested replacing since he said it wouldnt make any financial sense. But perhaps i can dig someone else up.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alareya ➡️
Hey, I already spoke to a tech and he suggested replacing since he said it wouldnt make any financial sense. But perhaps i can dig someone else up.
I can assure you that it makes perfect sense to repair the PSUs. Not much will be broken and the spare parts are penny items. There may also be a connection that both PSUs died within a short period of time that needs to be considered. Look around for another technician, good luck.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Stupid question??? Did you check the fuses???

Power supplies are basically a transformer, some diodes, some filter caps and maybe a voltage regulator. Not rocket science. I am surprised that a tech would say to replace it. Find a different tech.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…