The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
us 20x20 pcb probably dead
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

us 20x20 pcb probably dead

Hi all,,

I have a tascam us20x20 audio interface and recently have short circuited my laptop with the audio interface connected. Since then it isn't connecting to my laptop (it still powers on!) anymore and I brought it to the repair shop where they told me the psb had to be replaced which is incredibly costly (almost costs more than buying it brand new). I declined the repair... But what should I do with the audio interface? Is this repair doable? Where would I get a pcb for the us20x20?

Here's a video showing that it powers on and the inside of the audio interface
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wVpahFwWXI
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by davquak ➡️
Hi all,,

I have a tascam us20x20 audio interface and recently have short circuited my laptop with the audio interface connected. Since then it isn't connecting to my laptop (it still powers on!) anymore and I brought it to the repair shop where they told me the psb had to be replaced which is incredibly costly (almost costs more than buying it brand new). I declined the repair... But what should I do with the audio interface? Is this repair doable? Where would I get a pcb for the us20x20?

Here's a video showing that it powers on and the inside of the audio interface
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wVpahFwWXI
That is a lot of circuit board (PCB) so I imagine it would cost a lot of money since it is the heart of the unit. Have you contacted Tascam to see if they can have a look at it? It may only be a problem with the power supply. Best of luck!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…