The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Impedance Question
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Impedance Question

I'm about to buy a Celestion Fullback to put in a cab I have and run a big old Red Knob Twin head through it. The amp has an impedance selctor switch which is very handy, so doesn't really matter if the speaker is 8 or 16 ohm, which are the options I have available. I also own a 68 Custom Vibrolux which is 2x10 at 4ohms. I'll probably never do it, but I could run the Celestion at 8ohms into the extension which is in parallel for a 2.8 something load, or a 16ohm which would be 3.2 something, assuming the speaker impedances are fairly accurate? Both below the amps 4ohms I know. I also know that the internal 10's will draw more power, but the Fullback is a couple of db more efficient than the G10 Gold and 1028k that are paired in the CVR, it's also a 15. I can't find a Weber z-matcher type product here in the UK, so reluctant to try it at all, but I'd be ok running an 8ohm load into the CVR would I not? (with the internal speakers disconnected). Seems like I should buy the 8 ohm version ?

Last edited by Sean B; 4 weeks ago at 12:50 AM.. Reason: Problem solved
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…