The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland JV1080 rebooting all the time
Old 20th February 2021
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Roland JV1080 rebooting all the time

Hi guys
I've posted this at another sub forum, I hope this is the right place for the thread.

My Roland JV1080 keeps turning off and on after a couple minutes. It happens about 10 minutes or something.
I've replaced the 3V battery hoping this could solve my problem but the battery is only related to the patches memory I guess. I'm not an electronic engineer but I have some decent soldering skills enough to replace something if needed.
I'm guessing is something related to the power supply. Could anybody give me a light please?
Someone told me one of the "solutions" was to check the power switch. The guy told me he bypassed this switch and the JV keeps turned on all the time, even though this was not a problem for him, because he had the JV connected to a rack. I'm about to try this but I would like to eliminate other possible problems before trying this bypass.
So if someone could give me a light I would be very appreciated.
Sorry for my bad English
Old 26th March 2021
Here for the gear

Replacing batteries and taking switches out of the circuit won't help with this issue.

Your JV1080 needs some help. The cause could be a short circuit that appears when the temperature of a component increases. There might be a safety circuit that is cutting power to protect a CPU or other sensitive component from excessing power.

If you have the ability, you can inspect the board for potential issues, check the voltages coming off of the power supply and see if there are any chips that may not be seated properly. Most likely you will need some help from someone who has the ability to research your problem.

Good luck!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hi @ diskzero

Thank you so much for the reply! I've managed to fix the problem )

It was the bridge diode chip that goes to the 5v regulator

I hope this help someone who has the same problem
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudioferrari ➡️
Hi @ diskzero

Thank you so much for the reply! I've managed to fix the problem )

It was the bridge diode chip that goes to the 5v regulator

I hope this help someone who has the same problem
Nice! Good job finding the cause of the problem.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…