The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Strange problem with Kurzweil KSP8 remote
Old 4th March 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Strange problem with Kurzweil KSP8 remote

I love my KSP8, and the remote is one of the best parts of using it.

BUT recently the rubber bottom on the KSP8 remote has started to 'shed', or disintegrate... It leaves gritty black powder in its wake, everywhere it goes.

Temporarily I've affixed a piece of cardboard over the decaying rubber - I assume it has dried out?

Any tips or suggestions for how to go about fixing this? Seal it with something? Or scrape the old rubber off entirely and replace with... something else?

I'm open to ideas but be warned - I'm a technical nitwit and the opposite of 'handy'.

Old 10th March 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks Geekslutz - you're the best...

(Homer Voice: "Can you tell I'm being sarcastic???")

Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtoonz ➡️
Thanks Geekslutz - you're the best...

(Homer Voice: "Can you tell I'm being sarcastic???")

Ok. I'm just seeing this. I have no solution, but I have the same problem. I keep my RSP8 on paper towels...
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatboy ➡️
Ok. I'm just seeing this. I have no solution, but I have the same problem. I keep my RSP8 on paper towels...
Weird... but at least it confirms it’s a known issue I guess. I actually tried contacting Kurzweil about it recently but received no reply. I’m trying to decide between scraping the old rubber off vs. using some sort of sealant or cover to keep it intact.

Fun.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Take off the old rubber (use lighter fluid or Isopropyl alcohol to remove the glue) and replace with something like what I use https://www.amazon.com/XCEL-Neoprene...7RZQFQ2P332GJZ

This is pretty common for certain kinds of rubber to start to disintegrate after a period of time. Best of luck!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtoonz ➡️
Weird... but at least it confirms it’s a known issue I guess. I actually tried contacting Kurzweil about it recently but received no reply. I’m trying to decide between scraping the old rubber off vs. using some sort of sealant or cover to keep it intact.

Fun.
I don't know if it's "known" but at least you know you're not alone in this hahah .

I've considered trying to rip that gunk off the bottom, but am afraid of doing more harm than good. I've got extra rubber feets all over the place here.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…