The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 334 views: 258,267
soufis 15th January 2021

I have recorded some audio files and level matched the audio , the zp output was A bit softer then the AA I think because it...

Johnaudiofury
replies: 28 views: 519
Paul_G 3 hours ago

Hello everyone, I finally sorted out all the files for the "blind" test between a vintage 1960's U48 (which is a U47...

baslotto
replies: 3 views: 409
Nikbeat 6 hours ago

I just modified the input internal preamplifier and I feel sound is better, noise level is 3dB lower, less distorsion, very...

Jean30
replies: 92 views: 18,603
Jean30 11 hours ago

Alright, here is the followup to my quite popular thread SSL Bus Comp Shootout (SSL X-Rack, Stam SA-4000+, Duende, Slate, Waves,...

JSchlomo
replies: 56 views: 2,750
JSchlomo 18 hours ago

I put two songs in my music website: "Think About It Tomorrow" is the song on top, and "What Are You Asking"...

aaron aardvark
replies: 0 views: 61
aaron aardvark 21 hours ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 2,343 views: 393,017
didier.brest 1 day ago

Update 24/04/19: Added AA Titanium 3 and reset play counters. Shuffled numbers again bar 1 and 3 since they have been commented...

b0se
replies: 343 views: 35,835
Tomas Ve 1 day ago

I've wanted to know Max Martin's vocal chain for a long time now. And there's this...

nate12
replies: 20 views: 1,544
nate12 2 days ago

Hello slutzers! Just four years of work and new microphones are ready to work for you! Listen and compare. However, there is...

Elationmiclab
replies: 3 views: 1,102
MagnusG 4 days ago

A friend of mine visited me in the studio, so I asked him to sing a bit in the microphones that I have now...

ISedlacek
replies: 18 views: 6,810
Husky Squad 5 days ago

This is a complement to a previous shootout with 6 cardio SDC pairs. Same Chopin nocturne, same piano, same room, same mics...

didier.brest
replies: 215 views: 44,514
sounddguy 5 days ago

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 372 views: 97,253
sounddguy 5 days ago

Clipper Shootout 2020 Do all clippers sound the same? Do clippers change the tonal balance of a mix? Let's find...

Simon Morrison
replies: 37 views: 4,840
Roberto_ 1 week ago

Hey everyone, Those of us who've been here for long enough know how much we anticipated having that Empirical Labs sound...

Diogo C
replies: 2 views: 192
Diogo C 1 week ago

Sorry to put up a new thread but there seemed to be some wandering topics in that other one. Anyways THIS is a REAL test of what...

johnscalia
replies: 255 views: 139,340
ulysses 1 week ago

Lockdown, had some time, downloaded lots of mixbus compressor demos to try. here’s the candidates: Waves SSL G...

zinzin
replies: 13 views: 1,247
zinzin 1 week ago

Ok I tried to match the sounds as closely as possible, they are still a tad different but really you can decide which you like...

EliLunde89
replies: 12 views: 782
olafmol 2 weeks ago

Samples are recorded with the preamps on the Audient ID22. Microphones were side to side, and I tried my best to match the levels...

Bradahman
replies: 24 views: 2,533
Bradahman 2 weeks ago

Ronan Chris Murphy did a great review of the Analogue Tube AT-101 (Fairchild 670 recreation) on Ronan's Recording...

ghostwriter
replies: 206 views: 79,773
qslprod 2 weeks ago

Just was too curious and needed to know before investing 300$ in the UAD Luna "Neve Summing" Plugin how it would differ...

koenichsound
replies: 46 views: 22,426
e-are 2 weeks ago

Want to participate? Download the .wav file in the attachments, run it through your limiter(s) at +10 dB gain and post the...

johannburkard
replies: 194 views: 29,871
johannburkard 2 weeks ago

So I recently got my hands on a friend's Neumann KM 84 and decided to do a shootout with my Neumann KM 184. Having completed the...

guitarmax_99
replies: 92 views: 34,615
Ty Ford 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone! I recently learned about the Presonus Quantum 4848. Love the feature set, it's perfect for my studio where I have...

saoul
replies: 4 views: 555
saoul 2 weeks ago

I recently upgraded my Apollo 16 Mk1s to the X16s, and while I had both sets of converters I thought I'd test how much of a...

SOLON
replies: 4 views: 1,331
Scragend 2 weeks ago

I wanted to try out a pair of Lewitt 441 Flex mics and compare them with some other mics. Normally I never find time for this,...

Lucas_G
replies: 24 views: 502
DAH 2 weeks ago

Heiserman H47T and Neumann 67 Reissue Vintage Tuned Capsule Johanna - Vocals (Incomplete) Vocals are incomplete because Johanna...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 7 views: 392
Danielbest1 3 weeks ago

I recently grabbed an SPX-2000 and tested out the Rev-X verbs tonight. I am not aware of any shootouts with it, so here it is...

eugtone
replies: 54 views: 8,286
eugtone 3 weeks ago

First let me start by saying, I LOVE "The Hardware Compressor & Limiter Comparison Thread (With Audio Files)"...

M2E
replies: 60 views: 3,353
qslprod 3 weeks ago

I had a lot of fun making a 30 minute shoout-out between these very different, but yet so similar samplers of the 80s. I'm a big...

Elkanah77
replies: 3 views: 3,326
Kola 3 weeks ago

I put two songs in my music website: "When You Touch Me That Way" (has some guitar) is the song on top, and "The...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 141
aaron aardvark 3 weeks ago

Matched pair of Coles 4038s and Fathead I Lundahls. Same position & 35 dBs of gain through BAE 1073 into a JCF Audio AD8...

Zoot
replies: 1 views: 1,047
[email protected] 3 weeks ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 413 views: 44,922
Diogo C 3 weeks ago

Hi Everyone ! My first post here. I was checking my mikes before a recording session and thought "why not make a quick...

Bermuda
replies: 12 views: 467
QueenSisi 3 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
zinzin 3 weeks ago

Last time i did a blind test.. this one is not blind also last time i used more of a thicker arrangement and it was somewhat...

EliLunde89
replies: 0 views: 132
EliLunde89 3 weeks ago

there seems to be an ongoing controversy about how the KM184 sounds compared to the KM140, so i thought i would post a couple of...

jnorman
replies: 53 views: 18,193
Fioraxy 4 weeks ago

Did a TEST myself a d streamed it. https://www.twitch.tv/darkhiidden/v/961593974?sr=a Went really deep about the BIT and...

darkhiidden
replies: 0 views: 286
darkhiidden 4 weeks ago

A while back, I took a moment to compare DAV BG1 Preamp to my Focusrite ISA One. These two mic preamps are discussed a lot (esp....

guitarmax_99
replies: 17 views: 5,398
pierre_r 4 weeks ago

Today I had a rare opportunity to shoot out my ADL 670 from Anthony Demaria against an Analogue Tube AT-101. We've been proud...

TheMasteringCafe
replies: 2 views: 2,550
the octopuss 4 weeks ago

Aloha, So I tried my best with this. I tried to match the levels and spacing. Used my Audient ID22 and itʻs preamps. I have a...

Bradahman
replies: 27 views: 2,443
sonnycheebs 4 weeks ago

Hey I know some people around the forums have been trying to get clips of the Great River, Mike E, and the new Tone Beast. For...

IBE
replies: 14 views: 10,011
ELAmental 16th March 2021

Hi all! Found this channel, a great job comparing HW vs...

Danielbest1
replies: 2 views: 388
jvpsounds 15th March 2021

I've spent the last couple of days doing this big summing test and reckoned this might be of interest for...

mig27
replies: 26 views: 5,048
AdamAsnan 13th March 2021

During COVID, I borrowed as much gear from friends and family as I could. Here are 2 pictures that show most of the collection....

Spectro Acousto
replies: 0 views: 173
Spectro Acousto 10th March 2021

I just did quick blind test between the two EQ plugins Empirical Labs BIG FrEQ and ddmf IIEQPro. Tweaks are made by ears. To make...

poshook
replies: 9 views: 1,731
poshook 10th March 2021

Greetings from Australia Long time GS member, studio owner, Glasshouse Studios and growing Aussie distributor / retailer. The...

anguswoodhead
replies: 191 views: 17,837
PJWeitzner 8th March 2021

Hello all, Just purchased Native Instruments Session Electric Vintage Guitarist and I'm really impressed by the quality and...

KevTheAudioGuy
replies: 0 views: 261
KevTheAudioGuy 7th March 2021

I am attempting to compile a comprehensive comparison of all emulations and clones of the original Roland Dimension D SDD-320...

btfnk
replies: 33 views: 5,186
James Lehmann 7th March 2021

I put a new song in my music website called "You Know I Will", it is the song on top. The song has one of the...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 234
aaron aardvark 6th March 2021

Big Update: 28/10/19 Added: 1) CraveEQ (analogue mode) 2) DMG Equilibrium (analogue FIR w/long impulse) 3) TDR Slick M...

b0se
replies: 251 views: 27,016
Saqqara 1st March 2021

Moderators