Quantcast
Mic Shootout BeesNeez / Wagner / Neumann - Page 7 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mic Shootout BeesNeez / Wagner / Neumann
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #181
Gear Addict
 
turtlerock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
will i get a magazine article out of this
Nah ...what will the article read..?
MY M49 rocks ! and everybody got upset ..?
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #182
Gear Head
 
Neville H.'s Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by laddie.music2 ➑️
I'll add...

1. A real U47 was used on these clips adn universally agreed upon that it sounded brilliant

2. Most people liked the Bees Neez James and Jade and Arabella to be in same league, not exactly the same, but in same company.

3. A real U47 was used, what better reference is there??????????


Everyone should understand that Ben has offered to re record the wagner.

As chopper says 'HARDEN THE #$CK UP' Gear Slutz, and remember, the real reference to end all references is a 'real' U47.

The Wagner situation will be cleared up. I for one will look forward to hearing the new Wagner clips.
I don't think Ben should be re-recording any sound samples, or be posting anymore shootouts of his mics. I also think this thread should be deleted. You can't be a manufacturer and do stuff like this and hurt the reputations of other manufacturer's. It doesn't matter if he knew or he didn't know ahead of time. This whole shootout is a fraud from the testing procedures to the conflict of interest to the fake Wagner.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #183
Lives for gear
 
mics's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Ok time for me to chime in.

I booked a studio owned by a good friend of Gunter Wagner for the purpose of comparison tests between my mics and others that are known as the best in the world.

All tolled, this shootout cost me $1500 to get organised (flights, Studio, Motels etc).

Now before you guys stick me on a cross, take a minute to think; would I spend this kind of money and go to a studio owned by a very good friend of Gunter just to use a fake Wagner? Come on, give me some credit, do you really think that i am that stupid?

The goal of the shootout was to run my labours of love up against the worlds best, i didn't care what the result would bring, i just wanted to give you all the chance to hear the results and make your own judgments.

I have been on the phone to Gunter for almost an hour. At first as you can imagine, he was saddened by this whole situation. Over the duration of the call we discussed many things. I even asked him how the mic came to have the Wagner badge!

What basically came from the call was two apollagies, one from me because i fealt soooo bad that i had misrepresented Gunter and the second from him due to the fact that he may have become a little too emotional before checking with me first. I am glad to say that we parted friends once again.

Any of you are very welcome to call Gunter if you would like to verify this information and frankly i can't blame any of you if you wish to do so.

It is sad that a bit of fun has become such a drag......

Let's not forget that their was an original U47 and M49 in the room.

I may have posted this info, but My only involvement in the shootout was to supply a few mics and to sing a tune or two. The entire process was carried out by Ganesh the engineer of whom i have never met nor spoken with before the day.

I don't really know what else to say other than sorry for the mis-information, i feel really ripped off, but not just me, how many other artists have hired that studio to use the "wagner" hmmmm i wonder.....

You want to know something really annoying.... there was another wagner 15 feet away in the next room as there are 4 business in the one premises.

Cheers
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #184
Lives for gear
 
mics's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville H. ➑️
I don't think Ben should be re-recording any sound samples, or be posting anymore shootouts of his mics. I also think this thread should be deleted. You can't be a manufacturer and do stuff like this and hurt the reputations of other manufacturer's. It doesn't matter if he knew or he didn't know ahead of time. This whole shootout is a fraud from the testing procedures to the conflict of interest to the fake Wagner.

Call Gunter and see what he has to say, as for you deciding the fate of this thread, last time i looked it was gearslutz, not Gearstapo Slutz.

As i have said time and time again, it was for listening and enjoyment, not rocket science!!!!!

cheers.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #185
JMc
Gear Addict
 
JMc's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mics ➑️
All tolled, this shootout cost me $1500 to get organised (flights, Studio, Motels etc).

Now before you guys stick me on a cross, take a minute to think; would I spend this kind of money and go to a studio owned by a very good friend of Gunter just to use a fake Wagner? Come on, give me some credit, do you really think that i am that stupid?

The goal of the shootout was to run my labours of love up against the worlds best, i didn't care what the result would bring, i just wanted to give you all the chance to hear the results and make your own judgments.
I guess if I actually knew you, rather than based my opions on what I've heard from you in your posts, I could believe such a statement (bold faced for emphasis).

But as it stands, given my limited experience with you, on the face of it only, this seems like an incredibly disingenuous thing to claim. While I can buy your assertion that you were unaware of this bastardized -- okay, perhaps too strong, let's say "unkempt" --U47w (in name only) You spent countless hours and $1,500 and put your mics up against some of the most revered in the world, and you "don't care what the result would bring"?

Phhhhhht. Come on now.

It just doesn't make sense. And according to our American scholar of jurisprudence on all such matters, "Judge Judy" (inserted for comic relief for my American buddies) - if it doesn't make sense, it isn't true.

Honestly Mr. Sneesby, the more you post, the more harm I fear you do to your credibility.

And yes, Astroman, I only have 304 posts, but that's still over 200 more than you, so if you don't care for my comments or opinion, kindly take it under advisement.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #186
Lives for gear
 
mics's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMc ➑️
You spent countless hours and $1,500 and put your mics up against some of the most revered in the world, and you "don't care what the result would bring"?

Phhhhhht. Come on now.

Yeah Ok you get me there, of course i care what the results were, i would have been very embarrassed if my mics didn't make it with the big boys, but as it turns out, they seemed to have faired well against the real U47 and M49b.

If you do want to get to know me, give me a call or pm me your number and i will call you!

My number is +61 419 481 569

cheers.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #187
Gear Maniac
 
Astromann's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMc ➑️
And yes, Astroman, I only have 304 posts, but that's still over 200 more than you, so if you don't care for my comments or opinion, kindly take it under advisement.
Hmmm I like to live fairly peacefully when I can and play my guitars and compose music...this is becoming too much conflict with heated opinions and suspicion for me, its only a shootout, not a heavyweight court trial ...as some seem to think it is.
The whole thing has become blown out of all proportion, and some people here seem intent on putting Ben on trial and act as judge, jury and executioner themselves.
As far as I am concerned it's sort of like...do I really want to bathe in the acid of what has become a conflict that will probably never be resolved?...or do you just let others accuse and argue and bow out and get on with other things?
All this thread has taught me.... is a lot about human nature...it's interesting how we like to accuse others and say they are more or less devious and a fraud and their efforts are full of faults etc.. etc, but we always are very lenient with ourselves and never consider we may be wrong or capable of making a mistake ever!! and we usually get very upset when someone dares to criticize our self or our efforts, yet we will enthusiastically point the finger at others... it's a very interesting attitude.

I'll simply leave this argument to those that have better knowledge, abilities and judgement than I do.
Thanks for your efforts Ben
Bye
Astro
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #188
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
Kudos to Ben. Cool shoot out - it was fun to listen. As at then end nothing but your own ears when you are placing the mic in your own studio will be the judge. Shoot outs for me are useful as to how the mics "relate".

Great mics than Ben is making (and I am completely biased since I own James and it works for me)

May the music be with you all.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #189
Lives for gear
 
Docmattic's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.....

this is why i hate this site sometimes....people can never be fukin gratefull for anything...

THANKYOU BEN for taking your time to do this shootout, i for one appreciated it a lot. As a person that has never hard those mics before i was just interested to see what kind of sound each mic gave....so what the wagner was a kit...you got to hear what it was vs a kit. I for one would never have bought one anyway. to many $$$$$.

i had a feeling this was gong to turn out a disaster from the start of the technical posts. Some people need to pull their head out of their asss.....Ben gave people the choice to choose which one they liked best...now you dont like the results you have a bitch....******s!

And for all those sticking it to Ben.... check out the clips astromann posted...I liked the mics even more after hearing those clips...

After talking with Ben on the phone the other day i also believe he is not just out to make a buck and trick people. he is honest, and wants to share his craft (that he loves) with other people. he could easily be charging way mroe for the microphones...he could have easily told me that the arabella is the best fullstop and i should get that...but no....he was honest and said he thought the jade or james would be better suited saving me 800 odd dollars....

people just wrecked a perfectly good topic.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #190
Lives for gear
 
blaugruen7's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
thanks for the shootout, very appreciated.

hmmm. i liked the m49 best.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #191
Lives for gear
 
mics's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 ➑️
thanks for the shootout, very appreciated.

hmmm. i liked the m49 best.
it's hard not to love that M49b, it is an amazing mic.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #192
Lives for gear
 
asagaai's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmattic ➑️
THANKYOU BEN for taking your time to do this shootout, i for one appreciated it a lot. .

I second this. It confirmed that my ears are ok since I picked the M49b first, then the U47 as second.heh

All that has been disclosed is to not take into account the "Wagner"-no big deal. That mike was badged a wagner and therefore there appears to have been no intent/malice on bens part.

But I can say-thanks Ben for building me my 2 best tube LDC's for silly money. As I have said my Tm1/Arabella has a really special something and I still would like to shoot it out against a wagner- come on Hunter/Sydney sluts with a Wagner-I will even shout a nice beer or two afterwards..

And- I am still going to go and more carefully listen to the James files cause I think that I may roll the dice on that one as well.

Good times for us bottom end feeders

GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #193
Lives for gear
 
World Studios's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I have not done a proper count, but I get the feeling that the ones who are giving Ben hell over his fine shootout are all american slutz. It seems the slutz from outside of the US appreciate the test, warts and all. I am very greatful for the test and it is beyond me how anyone could get so wound up over the test. And the k47 in the Wagner... So frigging what? It still sounded very good.

I liked the Arabella with the Neumann cap for some of the singers. Is that a mic you intend to market, Ben? Or is it just a one off? Also, there was something very different with the takes "7" in the shootout, for some reason, so if you have the opportunity, you should do a simple shootout of Arabella against some other mic. Perhaps the k47 one... Same take, pre etc is ideal.

Hang in there Ben! You effort IS apprecieted in the free world. Don't let some Bush-voters get you down. ;-)

Last edited by World Studios; 28th January 2009 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: I was a bit hard on the US there for a while...
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #194
Lives for gear
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios ➑️
I have not done a proper count, but I get the feeling that the ones who are giving Ben hell over his fine shootout are all american slutz. It is well known that the US thinks of itself as the World Police and that they are the centre of the universe in their own eyes, free to treat the savages of the world (all non us nationals) as they like.
What a load of ****.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #195
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlerock ➑️
oh yes i feel compelled to state that the wagner [/B]used was not in fact a from a "production run" of his fabulous mike but a set (kit) of parts supplied to the studio and put together by them when the wagner 47 was in prototype stages and it has a neumann k47 capsule not the production m7 wagner remake ! i hope that helps

I hope this helps? As a Wagner U47 and Neumann U47 user I'm pretty pissed about this! How can you dare!

You know, I don't know Wagner in person. I mean I never met him in real life.
But I own 3 Neumann U47s and one Wagner U47.

Believe it or not but the Wagner performs the Neumann's slightly out (on my voice which is my reference) which is an unbelievable achievement these days and I can't believe this disrespectful acting!

Please read my previous post. When I said "and other factors" I never thought of such a fraud factor. Holy smokes...


All this emphasizes what I said in my last posts to JJ THAT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING BUILDING A GREAT U47 TRIBUTE IS THE EXPERIENCE.

I know how long Wagner is tweaking his boutique mics with his more than 30 years of experience.


Really Mr. Sneesby I would have no problem to buy a mic from you and we would love to get a Gefell mod by you but those shoot outs are ridiculous although I'm sure you did not mean it in a bad way.



Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlerock ➑️
dont be confused this was a prototype wagner body kit , not his production run microphone

and a it has a different capsule then the wagner production run - no serial number on this mic -
maybe it should have been stated at the start

NO, you should have used a real Gunter Wagner tweaked U47w. Otherwise it's a rip off!

It's all about the experience. Every idiot can tinker together such parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James 'LA' Lugo ➑️
I'm reading through this thread and I don't see this fact about the Wagner not being an actual real Wagner being addressed at the beginning of the shootout.

If this is true that this is an old protype kit with a different capsule not built by Gunter himself and that was not made crystal clear from the beginning in the first post by the person running this shootout it makes this whole shootout wrong and hurtful.
As I already said James, your suggestion is not enough. The right thing to do is not to use this one since the Wagner badge is still on the mic. The right thing to do is to use a real U47w made with Wagner's experience. Period! (Although I'm against such shoot outs)


Quote:
Originally Posted by mics ➑️
James, I certainly hope that you don't find it hurtful as the wagner on the day was and is a monster. It is an amazing microphone. If it will help i am prepared to ask Gunter to provide the best mic he has ever made and i'll redoo the shootout, i mean i would HATE to be hurtful to anyone.

Cheers.

Yes, to me it was hurtful too! My experience told me not to listen to this shoot out as I stated in my previous post.


- Mr. Sneesby I'm sure you didn't wanted to be disrespectful to Wagners work but unfortunately it turned out to be.


My advice would be to do a shoot out with your mics only.
People still can hear the quality of your mics (not really...) although I only would listen to your mics in our studio not via such a thread because it's amateurish.


THAT is respectful to your work.



Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #196
Lives for gear
 
mics's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
As i stated before, it makes me sad that i was decieved. But put yourself in my shoes, you go to a studio owned by gunter wagners close friend to test some microphones. Is it not in his best interest to ensure the mic will not let Gunter down?

I thought it was a no brainer, man i've copped it and yet he has copped nothing. Hardly seems fair, but if any of you need to speak with Gunter, please do so, he is available to speak at any time to sort this out. Hell he knows the truth, speak to the horses mouth.

Cheers
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #197
Lives for gear
 
World Studios's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace ➑️
What a load of ****.
But it felt good to drop it :-)

I have edited the post and apologise for offending you, sir.

Peace in the middle east
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #198
Lives for gear
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios ➑️
But it felt good to drop it :-)

I have edited the post and apologise for offending you, sir.

Peace in the middle east
Yeah, I see you edited it. Now we're "Bush voters." In case you haven't noticed we have a new President, and he got over 66 million votes, a point worth noting while you're nursing your stereotypes. But, err, thanks I guess.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #199
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
You guys are all acting like someone committed murder. It is pretty ridiculous.

Its all just a misunderstanding, yet you're crying like little kids.

Cheers for the shoot out Ben, which of your mic's would you suggest for an all rounder? vocals, overheads etc etc.

Thanks.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #200
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mics ➑️
As i stated before, it makes me sad that i was decieved.

I noticed that and I actually was clear about that in my previous post.
I wasn't offending in any way.

I know your a friend of Gunter Wagner.

One more time, I think you should do a shoot out with your mics only,
if you think a shoot out like this is appropriate.


Thanks,

Nash
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #201
Lives for gear
 
World Studios's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace ➑️
Yeah, I see you edited it. Now we're "Bush voters." In case you haven't noticed we have a new President, and he got over 66 million votes, a point worth noting while you're nursing your stereotypes. But, err, thanks I guess.
I did notice that. There IS hope, still the 50+ milion voters who voted Bush 2(!) times in a row (and that's not counting Bush Sr) need to be accounted for. They did not just dissapear... ;-) I am just pulling your American legs. I am positive that there are very few Bush voters among people working in the cultural shpere. ...and few Obama voters in the NRA.. :-)
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #202
Lives for gear
 
World Studios's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashvillean ➑️

One more time, I think you should do a shoot out with your mics only,
if you think a shoot out like this is appropriate.


Thanks,

Nash
But feel free to include a u47 in the shootout, since it has no living manufacturers (or followers of such manufacturers) that will come after you...
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #203
Here for the gear
 
🎧 15 years
Dear fellow microphone addicts,
First please let me say that I usually never post on Gearslutz because I think a forum is a great platform for users to exchange their experience and thoughts, but not for manufacturers to promote their products. However I feel that I should break with this once to clarify a few things and maybe help to smooth the waves:
I am truly sorry that the thread that began with a simple microphone shootout did some unfriendly turns at some points. I had a long phone conversation with Ben two hours ago and he apologized that he was not aware that the mic he was using for the shootout was not a Wagner U47w (as the header of the thread suggested), but a DIY project, based on U47 mechanical parts I had supplied many years ago. However, I must say that I know this mic and in fact it sounds very good. But already the fact that it has a Neumann K47 capsule in it is enough to make it sound different to the Neumann U47 in the shootout (which has a M7) and to the production Wagner U47w microphones.
Because the discussion about this mysterious U47 with the Wagner badge and several misunderstandings in this concern escalated a bit and created some pretty heated and emotional comments behind the scene (including from myself I must admit), I want to apologize to everybody involved. Understandably I was pretty furious when I became aware that a mic not of my production was used in a blind comparison shootout named as a Wagner U47w, because I go through huge efforts to get each individual of my microphones perfect. However things cleared up and I believe Ben that he had no bad intentions.
Also I have to apologize to James who just tried to help to clear things up but got blamed for what I said. James, I am truly sorry, my mistake...
Fact is that Ben's mics sound very good and certainly deserve their place in the field.
After all it is great that there are so many good microphones in various price brackets offered today. Please remember that at the times of the M49 and U47, only a handful of professional microphones were available worldwide.

--------------------
Gunter Wagner

Wagner Microphones
Sydney/Australia
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #204
Lives for gear
 
mics's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Wagner ➑️
Dear fellow microphone addicts,
First please let me say that I usually never post on Gearslutz because I think a forum is a great platform for users to exchange their experience and thoughts, but not for manufacturers to promote their products. However I feel that I should break with this once to clarify a few things and maybe help to smooth the waves:
I am truly sorry that the thread that began with a simple microphone shootout did some unfriendly turns at some points. I had a long phone conversation with Ben two hours ago and he apologized that he was not aware that the mic he was using for the shootout was not a Wagner U47w (as the header of the thread suggested), but a DIY project, based on U47 mechanical parts I had supplied many years ago. However, I must say that I know this mic and in fact it sounds very good. But already the fact that it has a Neumann K47 capsule in it is enough to make it sound different to the Neumann U47 in the shootout (which has a M7) and to the production Wagner U47w microphones.
Because the discussion about this mysterious U47 with the Wagner badge and several misunderstandings in this concern escalated a bit and created some pretty heated and emotional comments behind the scene (including from myself I must admit), I want to apologize to everybody involved. Understandably I was pretty furious when I became aware that a mic not of my production was used in a blind comparison shootout named as a Wagner U47w, because I go through huge efforts to get each individual of my microphones perfect. However things cleared up and I believe Ben that he had no bad intentions.
Also I have to apologize to James who just tried to help to clear things up but got blamed for what I said. James, I am truly sorry, my mistake...
Fact is that Ben's mics sound very good and certainly deserve their place in the field.
After all it is great that there are so many good microphones in various price brackets offered today. Please remember that at the times of the M49 and U47, only a handful of professional microphones were available worldwide.

--------------------
Gunter Wagner

Wagner Microphones
Sydney/Australia

Thank you Gunter,

I do appreciate you taking the time to clear things up.

Cheers
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #205
Gear Maniac
 
chribble's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
A little late to this and I see it has blown totally off topic.
I've got to say. all the mics sound good.
Here are my picks.

TJmic
1 or 3 is the winner. Its a close call.
And then 6. Maybe 6 better than 1 actually. I don't know. 6 is rounder is a nice way.

Lmic
6 is the winner.
3 and 7 are great but catch a frequency in the highs which doesnt sit with this singer so well. which is a shame because I like the mids.
The high end is 1 is nicer

I think every mic sounds good on her.

Bmic
6 is the winner again.
Has more magic.
2 is very similar on this take.
1 and 7 are right up there.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #206
Gear Maniac
 
chribble's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
So reading the results its no real surprise to me.
Good stuff Ben. You chose smoky sounding songs and the attenuated hi end really worked on your voice and the lady singer for the u47.

I'd never heard the m49b before but it did sound great but wasn't the best of the batch. I think your arabella is reallly close. Bit brighter. Congrats on that.

Oddly enough - the K47b capsule makes the arabella thinner? #5 was by far my least favourite - perhaps this is why the wagner sounded a bit more scooped than it should have too?


If everyone wants I'm recording in 2 weeks with a u47w. I can do a shoot and post it here between whatever Beesneez mic you want to send to me Ben.
I'll also get an oppurtunity to shoot out the m71 mod vs a um70.

For the record I don't own a Beesneez mic. I had a busted Gefell m71 that Ben modded which, I think, sounds good.


Chris
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #207
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chribble ➑️
If everyone wants I'm recording in 2 weeks with a u47w. I can do a shoot and post it here between whatever Beesneez mic you want to send to me Ben.
i think that sounds good! ben?
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #208
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Thank you for posting, Mr. Wagner. You are truly class, and a gentleman.

Thank you, Ben. You're clearly passionate, talented, and a straight-shooter. Maybe it's an Aussie thing, but it's clear to me that you weren't out to hurt anybody. It's a shame that some people are so cynical and bitter that they can't accept that there are people who can do things without maligned intentions.

[Ben - I believe that you can Edit the original post. It might aplease everyone if you update it with notes on the Wagner being a kit. If you can't edit it, perhaps you can make a request to the admins.]

I think the fact that Gunter himself appears to have handled this far more sensibly than some of the people who were offended on his behalf, really shows how over-the-top some of the reactions have been. Claims of "fraud" is not only inappropriate, it's sad. The amount of political and commercial influence/bias that gets thrown around is just plain hurtful for anyone who is just "cutting the crap" and getting straight to the point of producing things of Quality and sharing it. You're all making the point that anyone who wants to put something in the market need to be a big corporation, and they ought to hire a PR guy who will consult with his team of lawyers before their every move. I really hope it doesn't discourage Ben from pursuing his productions further or going out of his way to do things like this.

I'm amused by the fact that people seem to believe a third party shoot-out is somehow magically more reasonable, despite the fact that:
- They're often done by dealers who have a vested interest in what mics to sell
- Or they're done by people who own a particular mic and have a personal interest in justifying their investment
- Or they're done by people who claim to have neither bias, but there's no actual proof of this, and often are good friends with x or y.

The point is that this is not the criminal offense some people are making it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashvillean ➑️
My advice would be to do a shoot out with your mics only.
He has already done this in the other threads for his mics elsewhere on the board. Maybe you guys are looking at things out of context and that's why it seems so unreasonable. People were asking for comparisons with U47 and other high end mics. All he did was respond to requests. Man, people need to chill the feck down with the conspiracy theories.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #209
Lives for gear
 
wildpark's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
thanks for the files ben

we still need the vocal chain used on all files.

thx pb
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
  #210
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Already posted twice
"btw the chain was a pristine neve melbourne desk ( 3115 module and the same actual mic pre on all mics via a patch bay ) into apogee converters into HD tools "
Closed

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 98 views: 46046
Avatar for nst7
nst7 14th February 2014
replies: 315 views: 46524
Avatar for Veronica Sneesby
Veronica Sneesby 29th June 2016
replies: 75 views: 15732
Avatar for Actualsizeaudio
Actualsizeaudio 31st March 2016
replies: 2704 views: 407718
Avatar for Diogo C
Diogo C 30th October 2015

Forum Jump
Forum Jump