The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plugin/Instrument Advertising Hype
Old 20th January 2022
Here for the gear

Plugin/Instrument Advertising Hype

Having just lived through Q4 & New Years & subscribing to almost every music e-mail list, I'm just astounded at the level of hype these companies use when introducing or promoting their products.

Usually you'll see one of these at the beginning:
- Revolutionary
- Game changer
- Groundbreaking
- Your new go-to

Then there's a video with some cool person making cool sounds & being blown away by what he/she is doing.

Then the list of artists/engineers that have used it (although your music won't ever sound like theirs).

Finally, the usual suspects mixers/producers doing a testimonial saying how they're in love with it & can't live without it.

All I can say is thank god most companies have demos/trials, because there are so many things I have tried that I thought were objectively crap, or at least not helpful for me as a home hobbyist.

Online reviews are sometimes helpful, although someone usually likes most everything. Pubs aren't useful b/c they typically never say a bad word about anything. It would be great if someone did objective comparisons between similar products. I mean how many EQs does someone need?

Anyone else feel the same?
Old 20th January 2022
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin58 ➡️
Anyone else feel the same?
Yup. Thats how the industry operates. It also operates on the principle that early adopters pay highest prices, and if you wait a but, you get the same thing for peanuts. I guess it makes sense sort of. Though some companies are know to discount much faster and more heavily than others.
Old 29th January 2022
Lives for gear

You can't really expect them to say
Nothing special
Sounds a bit crap
Nobody would endorse it.
OTOH some software guys like Analogue Obsession totally behave, just list what it does and even name the stuff like YALA (Yet Another Limiting Amplifier) so all is not lost.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…