The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I envy deadmau5
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shponglefan ➡️
You jelly?
of this poser? Heh, that's why he has the new one and not the vintage one. 80's my ass, deadmau5 ain't got a single track that sounds like anything from the era of the fairlight.

I'm sure it'll sit next to his modcans and buchlas with no patch cords plugged into them, lol...
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
uh oh
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I was expecting to see he got syphilis from that she male he's dating
Old 29th January 2013
DSK
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Stop being so rude. Man this place is turning out sour whenever Deadmau5 is mentioned.

The guy isn't owned by anyone, makes the music he wants to make, creates awsome SW with Xfer, earns a lot of money based on his work/vision and is reinvesting it in this industry instead of drgz and bichtz....

Seriously I get that most of you don't like the music (not bad but my cup of tea either) but all this hatred is unwarrented and just shows a lot more shallowness than whatever this guy ever created.

Nice Fairlight BTW
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shponglefan ➡️
When you have over $10 million in the bank, what else are you going to spend it on?
Uh, how about giving the money to charity instead?

Or how about donating musical instruments to schools if you love music?

Youth music is really hurting these days. You could buy a few used pianos, some band instruments, and some good, reliable synths for schools with that kind of dough.
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Guru
A funny thread, why make it if it's written what it is? I'm confused.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've got no shame for what I've said. Straight up, **** this guy. lol. Yeah, nice fairlight, nice porsche...nice hooker? Yeah.

I just can't help myself, I feel like the guy is a walking target. His damn costume almost even looks like one.

In either case, it's the internet, why so serious.

Plus if anything, I'm just calling him a gearslut. We're all no better in some ways.

He just comes off to me as pompous and I don't think his music's good enough to match the personality. Yeah, if you're good enough, you get to be a dick. This guys just the latter.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
lol, "time to bring back the 80's".. think you're a little late dumba55
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero ➡️
I've got no shame for what I've said. Straight up, **** this guy. lol. Yeah, nice fairlight, nice porsche...nice hooker? Yeah.

I just can't help myself, I feel like the guy is a walking target. His damn costume almost even looks like one.

In either case, it's the internet, why so serious.

Plus if anything, I'm just calling him a gearslut. We're all no better in some ways.

He just comes off to me as pompous and I don't think his music's good enough to match the personality. Yeah, if you're good enough, you get to be a dick. This guys just the latter.
i don't even listen to this guy, so i'm not defending him...but i hate when threads turn into this

from the posting guidelines:

"7. We do not permit “producer or engineer so-and-so sucks” type threads. “Slagging off” others in the industry, especially established veterans is forbidden. In addition, you are not permitted to “bash” (comment negatively) about any artist, producer, engineer, genre or musical style. We take a zero-tolerance stance on this. You may discuss music, positively and (politely) negatively in the ‘All About The Music’ subforum, but ‘name-calling’ others in the industry is not allowed. "
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
lol alright captain guidelines, whatever, i don't care if i get moderated away. my opinion stays the same

can't say this kind of thread just doesn't have a good vibe to begin with, i mean, every time deadmau5 posts about his crap it's just troll bait waiting to happen, don't blame me. people who rub success in others faces are asking for negative attention.
Lives for gear

I will say this about him: He is dedicated to sound.

You might not like the sounds that he makes, but I'm not and never will be into Kraftwerk or for that matter, Brian Eno. I still respect them, because they cared about sound.

How many popular musicians care about sound these days? Most of the producers that I read about are so proud of themselves, because they do it all in their laptops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK ➡️
Stop being so rude. Man this place is turning out sour whenever Deadmau5 is mentioned.

The guy isn't owned by anyone, makes the music he wants to make, creates awsome SW with Xfer, earns a lot of money based on his work/vision and is reinvesting it in this industry instead of drgz and bichtz....

Seriously I get that most of you don't like the music (not bad but my cup of tea either) but all this hatred is unwarrented and just shows a lot more shallowness than whatever this guy ever created.

Nice Fairlight BTW
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
lol alright captain guidelines, whatever, i don't care if i get moderated away. my opinion stays the same

can't say this kind of thread just doesn't have a good vibe to begin with, i mean, every time deadmau5 posts about his crap it's just troll bait waiting to happen, don't blame me. people who rub success in others faces are asking for negative attention.
all OP really wanted to know was what the hardware in the picture was...no more, no less
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevism ➡️
all OP really wanted to know was what the hardware in the picture was...no more, no less
And I think I was the only person who actually answered their question correctly, lol. Can of worms?
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Releaux ➡️
It's a Fairlight.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
it actually looks like it's the CMI-30A reissue, not the original fairlight.
two can play this game
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
LOL

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevism ➡️
LOL

Deadmau5 takes home a CMI-30A | Peter Vogel Instruments

and this confirms it. Direct from the horses mouth, he bought the one they displayed at NAMM. I guess he came with a checkbook and wasn't leaving without something :P
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
And I think I was the only person who actually answered their question correctly, lol. Can of worms?
I wasn't as specific, but I answered the OP in the first reply. I don't get all the hate for DM... Guy seems like a proper gearslut to me.
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Deadmau5 takes home a CMI-30A | Peter Vogel Instruments

and this confirms it. Direct from the horses mouth, he bought the one they displayed at NAMM. I guess he came with a checkbook and wasn't leaving without something :P
nice call!

just so you know, i wasn't intending to single you out personally

i just hate when potentially awesome threads (such as this one, which could be focused on how a CMI-30A could fit into modern music, who currently uses one, etc.) turn into threads focused on putting down such and such artist for such and such reason
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic ➡️
I will say this about him: He is dedicated to sound.
Couldn't tel by listening to any of his tracks. They all sound like they were made on a laptop to me.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild ➡️
Couldn't tel by listening to any of his tracks. They all sound like they were made on a laptop to me.
That's because you're a deaf troll. Bet you don't even have half his skill in the studio. He's an easy target, but where's your music coward?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJelsOHe6xk
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago ➡️
Or they just want to enjoy life, it's not really a big deal, and in the end it's none of our biz where he (or anyone making a lot of money) is spending their money on.
Until they tweet it to the twitterbook.
msl
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's because you're a deaf troll. Bet you don't even have half his skill in the studio. He's an easy target, but where's your music coward?

Would YOU ever grow up, your post is more childish than all the previous ones.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl ➡️
Would YOU ever grow up, your post is more childish than all the previous ones.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Really? So it's ok to say this: "I was expecting to see he got syphilis from that she male he's dating "

But not ok to defend some random dude who likes his gear? I think you need to go listen to some more beegees.
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
There you go hating on disco again... what's your damage?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel ➡️
There you go hating on disco again... what's your damage?
only one way to sing that high. snip snip.
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Deadmau5 gets a lot of "undue attention".

Where he's either praised or ridiculed too much. Kinda like The Strokes in the early 00's.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJelsOHe6xk
Youmadbro? Do you even lift? Yes, everyone who disagrees with your taste of music must either be deaf, a troll, a coward, or all of the above.

Here's my music. Mmmmm...Analog.

Care to post something of yours now?

Seriously though, Professional Griefers is a prime example of his signature ITB sound. Nothing there that couldn't be done on a laptop. That's not to say that he's not entitled to buy all of the gear that he could ever want. The best part of working hard is enjoying the spoils of one's labor. I'm just not hearing any of that aforementioned gear on any of his tracks.
Lives for gear

No it's the other way around. People who listen to dance music have to walk around with their heads down low around here, because the old geazers are stuck trying to sound like Vangelis or some **** from 20-30 years ago. It gets very old.

BTW, what does lifting have to do with anything? I run. You need glasses and a hearing aide. Bro.

Your stuff sounds analog. That's all I will say.

Quote:
Youmadbro? Do you even lift? Yes, everyone who disagrees with your taste of music must either be deaf, a troll, a coward, or all of the above.

Seriously though, Professional Griefers is a prime example of his signature ITB sound. Nothing there that couldn't be done on a laptop. That's not to say that he's not entitled to buy all of the gear that he could ever want. The best part of working hard is enjoying the spoils of one's labor. I'm just not hearing any of that aforementioned gear on any of his tracks.
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:

Quote:
No it's the other way around. People who listen to dance music have to walk around with their heads down low around here, because the old geazers are stuck trying to sound like Vangelis or some **** from 20-30 years ago. It gets very old.

BTW, what does lifting have to do with anything? I run. You need glasses and a hearing aide. Bro.

Your stuff sounds analog. That's all I will say.

OH SNAP.

what is the gearslutz equivalent for the term "rap battle" ?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…