The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I envy deadmau5
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevism ➑️
OH SNAP.

what is the gearslutz equivalent for the term "rap battle" ?
Slut-fight.
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
ho-down?
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Slut-off?
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
A slut shamer.
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic ➑️
No it's the other way around. People who listen to dance music have to walk around with their heads down low around here, because the old geazers are stuck trying to sound like Vangelis or some **** from 20-30 years ago. It gets very old.
What about us 90's techno heads.. we've been hatin on all facets of the progressive sound for as long as I can remember.

It's not a THEN vs NOW thing.. more like.. I'd thought that would go away.. sort of thing.

Last edited by djugel; 29th January 2013 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: It's NOT a then vs now thing..
msl
Lives for gear

Quote:
No it's the other way around. People who listen to dance music have to walk around with their heads down low around here, because the old geazers are stuck trying to sound like Vangelis or some **** from 20-30 years ago. It gets very old.

What forum you living on "bro". There's more techno and house heads here than you probably realise. Or do you mean ****ty commercial edm lovers.

Anyways back to the Fairlight for those of us who don't ride around in mousemobiles with she males theres also the Bitley refill and kontact collection, which is excellent and I think is much better value than the app.

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl ➑️
What forum you living on "bro". There's more techno and house heads here than you probably realise. Or do you mean ****ty commercial edm lovers.

Anyways back the Fairlight for those of us who don't ride around in mousemobiles with she males also the Bitley refill and kontact collection, which is excellent and I think is much better value than the app.

Hey I can't argue with a man that has 4000 + posts on a forum. Your tastes must be impeccable. I bow to your expertise.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevism ➑️
OH SNAP.

what is the gearslutz equivalent for the term "PUNKED" ?
fixed
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Hey I can't argue with a man that has 4000 + posts on a forum. Your tastes must be impeccable. I bow to your expertise.
lol, some of my favorite dance music is from 20-30 years ago. (Though I do own two Vangelis records.)
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Everybody hates deadmau5 because he came out of nowhere with a bunch of progressive blandy sounding club-bait and all of a sudden he's on Perez Hilton's blog with kat Von d. The man is not underground. Never was. And if he was, it wasn't for very long, because he just showed up one day and became the face of mainstream electronic music complete with the Grammy and celebrity girlfriend to boot. Any oppurtunity to prove that hes informed on the culture and history of the music he has failed at. Any other pop act falls under the same of scrutiny.

I'm not really bitter, I don't care. His music and scene etc. is 100% unrelated to what I do. Just one mans opinion, of course
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ha. The trolls in this thread are the same ones from the deadmau5 threads 2 years ago.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerton ➑️
Everybody hates deadmau5 because he came out of nowhere with a bunch of progressive blandy sounding club-bait and all of a sudden he's on Perez Hilton's blog with kat Von d. The man is not underground. Never was. And if he was, it wasn't for very long, because he just showed up one day and became the face of mainstream electronic music complete with the Grammy and celebrity girlfriend to boot. Any oppurtunity to prove that hes informed on the culture and history of the music he has failed at. Any other pop act falls under the same of scrutiny.

I'm not really bitter, I don't care. His music and scene etc. is 100% unrelated to what I do. Just one mans opinion, of course
Aside from the fact that you are completely wrong, who cares if he does or doesn't know the history? Is there an exam that he should have studied for? Who else is held to this academic, albeit irrelevant, standard? And what is so important about being underground? It's like if you make some strange drone sound that you can only appreciate if you are on heroin, you get all the respect in the world, but if you make it big, then you automatically suck? Did he really come out of no where? Really? According to him, he had been at it for about 10 years, before he exploded. Maybe you need to learn the history.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yea, I'm not saying you need to take exams. Just show me you, you know, get it. Just a little bit. He really hasn't.

As for me being wrong, you'll notice the last sentence.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by msl ➑️
This. I love dance music, and I love to dance. I wouldn't really classify what DeadMau5 puts out as dance music though. It's better described as commercial club music made by a geeky white kid who can't dance for other geeky white kids who can't dance. People don't seriously dance to tracks like Professional Griefers, they get drunk and high and hop around in one place place like idiots. THIS Is dancing:

Not much DeadMau5 being played at these venues....
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerton ➑️
Yea, I'm not saying you need to take exams. Just show me you, you know, get it. Just a little bit. He really hasn't.

As for me being wrong, you'll notice the last sentence.
No I don't get it. What am I supposed to get? He makes music. You make music. People make music. Some people like it. Some people don't. He banged a playboy bunny, and you or I would have done the same thing. Who cares? Maybe the pedigree that he lacks is that he is from the Americas, which seems to be something that baffles the minds of many Europeans, despite the fact that that is where the majority of their sampled beats have come from.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I'm American and I can't stand Deadmau5.

He has awesome gear, but hasn't made anything that interesting with it.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Ai ➑️
I'm American and I can't stand Deadmau5.

He has awesome gear, but hasn't made anything that interesting with it.
aaaah, but I noticed you have a euro rack, unless that's referring to your chest?

either way, I'm suspicious.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
aaaah, but I noticed you have a euro rack, unless that's referring to your chest?
Deadmau5 has a Eurorack modular synth. Doesn't make him European.

I have some Japanese synths doesn't make me Japanese.

troll
Lives for gear

Quote:

troll
did you hear an airplane going over your head?

Translation, because you seem to need it: I was being sarcastic.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

either way, I'm suspicious.
What point are you trying to make here?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
No I don't get it. What am I supposed to get? He makes music. You make music. People make music. Some people like it. Some people don't. He banged a playboy bunny, and you or I would have done the same thing. Who cares? Maybe the pedigree that he lacks is that he is from the Americas, which seems to be something that baffles the minds of many Europeans, despite the fact that that is where the majority of their sampled beats have come from.
Eeehrm, no, you obviously don't.

I'm from houston btw. That's in Texas. Which is in the USA. For now at least.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
did you hear an airplane going over your head?

Translation, because you seem to need it: I was being sarcastic.
Was I being serious? lolheh
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild ➑️
What point are you trying to make here?
late to the party... must have been on the slow bus.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
late to the party... must have been on the slow bus.
So says the grown man who listens to DeadMau5...
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years

Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

8 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Someone played the "you mad bro?" card here ... and that was kinda funny.
Lives for gear

Quote:

troll
It kind of seems like you were being serious, which leads me to believe that you did indeed feel a slight draft above your head.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

inb4 thread locked
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild ➑️
So says the grown man who listens to DeadMau5...
So says the man who just posted like waaaaay too many videos of dudes doing break dancing. Are you for real?
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Deadmau5 is the hitler of dance music.

There I said it.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…