How does the Zen Blend compare? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How does the Zen Blend compare?
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
How does the Zen Blend compare?

I'm Canadian and I have some thoughts about American beer, coffee and a lot of the food down there but I think Warren is a clutch guy. What piece of gear should I buy to get the Zen Blend coffee? I kinda need mic preamps, patchbays, could use a nice DI but my main motivator would be getting the Zen Blend. How does the Zen Blend compare to Tim Hortons? Starbucks? Is Zen Blend even high end? Are their clones of the Zen Blend?

I just wanted to make sure every possible product has been discussed here at length. Certainly someone on here can chime in regarding the quality of Zen Blend.
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
The gear tastes way better than the coffee...
Old 28th September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Geez War is really ****ing up!

Anyone tried the Zen Blend?
Old 4th October 2012
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
The Zen Blend I got with my last order was super fresh - a nice medium roast, and quite a cut above starbucks. Consider it in the realm of a pretty good local micro-roaster. Brewed it in a porcelain Hario V60 pour-over station, and it had a slightly nutty flavor with decent acidity (fruit notes). My roommate drank most of it before I could have a serious sit-down with the beans!

Coming from someone who's used to some of the best 3rd wave coffee shops (Comet Coffee, The Ugly Mug, Madcap, Intelligentsia, Stumptown), let it be know that this is a damn solid cup, provided it's fresh. Remember, even the nicest most expensive micro-lot coffee is not worth "babying" or "making last". You gotta drink that ****!

/end coffee snobbery
Old 5th October 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Zen Blend is really bad coffee, I'm sorry to say. War seems cool though, so it's cool to support him but I honestly threw the coffee away after one sip but maybe I'm a bit of a coffee snob.
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…