mp3 player? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
mp3 player?
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
mp3 player?

I'm looking for a new one.

At the moment I'm set on the Sony Z series. There is a new NWZ F805 which has only 16GB capacity, there's the Cowon 32GB one which looks very pretty.

Of course, the Sony Xperia has been released which Sony have aimed to just hush in front of consumers as being a personal media player WITH phone when the audio is not up to Walkman standards.

I'm not that picky. Good music sounds good at 320kbps to me. I'd like 64GB for the money and sound at least parallel to the Sony Walkman I remember.

They break so easily. I hope the Typhoon in Japan is not going to disturb this transaction and I hope the conflict out there can hold on.
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I have the Sony E series and I'm incredibly happy with it. Bluetooth headphones that come with it turned out to be a shocking plus, particularly since I had them essentially discarded to the side at the time of purchase and recently re-found them. The only downside is the battery life on the headphones is **** in comparison to the actual mp3 player.

I also enjoyed Sansa's products but they don't tend to have a very long lifespan with me. I don't know if it's just because I abuse the hell out of my mp3 players or what, but I went through them like underwear.

A while back I remember seeing an mp3 player that was coming out for an outrageous price but was also the most godly thing in the world but upon recent Google'ing I have failed to procure it...

tl;dr Sony is the way to go.
Old 25th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
how about going for an iPod. i always enjoy using iPods rather than sony players.
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'd like to see that, MJFI. I ended up going for a Sansa Clip+ which, at £40, is a temporary replacement. The sound is quite flat but the EQ is terrible, it wildly distorts. Fatiguing sound compared to Sony and nowhere near as smooth.

I've never liked ipods, rashika. Itunes is cumbersome and the sound is not as deep as Sony.

Listening to my music and other people's music from A-B is one of the most rewarding experiences in life, second only to sex, I highly recommend it.

Walkman was ipod before ipod ever existed.
Old 18th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play ➡️
I've never liked ipods, rashika. Itunes is cumbersome and the sound is not as deep as Sony.

Walkman was ipod before ipod ever existed.
I'd beg to differ. iTunes is dead simple.

Tape was hear before DAWs, but for some reason Tape was ditched for the most part. Just because something was first doesn't make it better.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…