Quantcast
How a regular person listens to electronic music - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How a regular person listens to electronic music
Old 24th September 2012
Bio
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Moderation in drugs has nothing to do with the drugs itself but with the cultur :
If you have been educated to appreciate a good wine, there's chance that you will never abuse it.

But you (Ozy) made a claim about been sober, i give you the defintion and you say "bull****" so it's up to you to show evidence of yours claims. (about cocaine, there is far less dependance than alcohol for ex, you can easily find some info on this)
I'm not a scientist but friends of mine are, and i've know people who abused most drugs (a lot of alcolics)

There is so much uneducated claim that it's near impossible to answer :
Do you think all Inca have taken peyocle ? everydays ?

Sorry but you have to back up all your claims, you can't say the definition of sober is BS or we can't have a discution. There are hard fact, you have to take them in consideration
Old 24th September 2012
ozy
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Any drug addict or alcoholic will tell you that "drugs are not a problem for him" and that "his vice is no worse then YOUR vice".

"I do meth, coke, heroin? Who are you for judging me?!? you are "addicted" to watching baseball on TV, right? What's the difference? You spend on synthesizers more than I spend on crack, SFW?"

"Coffee leads to addiction". Heck: green tea leads to addiction! I know a guy who can't spend an hour without drinking mineral water!

So, nobody is supposed to judge a "culture" based on mafia-enriching chemicals smuggled by machine-gun-toting thugs,

because the rest of the world is "addicted" to something as well: people are "addicted" to cars, fashion, fitness...

That's some logic, isn't it?

sh-sh-sh-sh-"scientist" logic, no less.

"Lancet" wrote it.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
ozy
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio ➡️
you (Ozy) made a claim about been sober, i give you the defintion and you say "bull****" so it's up to you to show evidence of yours claims.
here's the evidence.

Me and you, we meet at a cafe, midway between our working places, tomorrow at noon.

You name a judge/referee, to be present.

I will have a glass of chardonnay, you will have a dose of crack cocaine. Meth. Any synthetic drug. Your choice.

Next, after, say, 20 minutes, both of use will try:

a) solving a sudoku
b) hitting a tree with a baseball from 30 feet
c) walking straight for 30 feet
d) playing the "beverly hills cop" bass riff on a synthesizer of your choice (korg monotron included)
e) read a page from a book of your choice and repeat its content.
f) use a ATM machine
g) conduct a 100 words conversation with a passer-by

The judge/referee will tell who among us is sober, and who is trashed beyond repair.

If I am sober after just one glass of wine, and if you are trashed after HALF the basic dose of ANY synthetic drug, I win.

If I can't stay sober and perform physical and intellectual tasks after one glass of wine, and if you don't look like a ****ed-up monkey, you win.

Is this fair and convincing?

Mind you, you get an advantage (except maybe for the baseball throw and the "beverly hills" bassline): I am heavily brain-damaged due to my addictions [games, GAS, women, adrenalin, Italian food, falafel], even before drinking a glass of wine.

But I accept the challenge anyway.
Old 24th September 2012
Bio
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
"Any drug addict or alcoholic will tell you that "drugs are not a problem for him" and that "his vice is no worse then YOUR vice"

Yes that's exactly what you are doing (i don't take any drugs for decade, even alcohol...)

I am not saying others drugs are good, just that alcohol is a drugs like all others (more or less they are all differents)

So stop trying to justify your drugs.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Chris ➡️
Ozy glad to see some people here are educated and more worldly than some of these suburban upper middle class, kids on here with their fairy tales of govt conspiracy. Arguing with these people is like arguing with a 12yr old girl with Bieber fever.

Normal/most people drink in moderation, that's reality. People with a drinking problem and younger jits like teenagers and early 20's are the ones that drink to get drunk.

Also for those of u that don't know anything. War on drugs started after the Dadeland Massacre in Miami in 1979. The cocain queen who ordered that hit? Was just assassinated last month. The drug war is all about the cartels having control of distribution into and within the US. So its ok, u keep buying your drugs while my people keep having their body parts flung on highways, shot in the face in front of their families, and being stuffed into drum barrels and being lit on fire while most of u sit in your sheltered inbred towns in the middle of nowhere, far far away from where people close to my family are being affected.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
Sir, you know very little about drugs and the drug war, I invite you to read more on the subject. There are seminal books on this:

The Pursuit of Oblivion: A Global History of Narcotics: Richard Davenport-Hines: 9780393051896: Amazon.com: Books

and

A Brief History of Drugs: From the Stone Age to the Stoned Age: Antonio Escohotado,Ken Symington: 9780892818266: Amazon.com: Books

I am from mexico too so I know how it feels to live in acrumbling state of insecurity, violence and corruption. And what we got to say about it? Legalize the bussiness already, it doesnt help anyone the way it is.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy ➡️
Bull****.

You can drink wine in moderation, or beer in moderation, and still be sober. You cannot have "some" heroin or cocaine and still be sober. Even a "moderate" quantity will make you a junkie.
Is this for real?

Crap I guess I'm a junkie.. I'm glad someone told me.
ozy
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy
You cannot have "some" heroin or cocaine and still be sober. Even a "moderate" quantity will make you a junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans ➡️
Is this for real?Crap I guess I'm a junkie.. I'm glad someone told me.
you do heroin?

And you don't expect to be called a junkie?

Is this what you wrote?

Just asking.

I really want to get your point correctly.

Thanks for clarifying.
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
heroin sounds best on techno.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
you do heroin?

Is this what you wrote?

Just asking.

I really want to get your point correctly.

Thanks for clarifying.
First you lump two drugs together that have absolutely nothing in common and now you assume heroin

I've done many things and the only thing I've ever been addicted to is cigarettes.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
you do heroin?

Yes, you can do heroin without being a junkie. And yes, alcohol is a drug.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Umm not sure where the thread wound up, but I thought the image was funny and true. That being said, take any artform and you could make the same analogy. So what's your point? There are fans and there are artists. Artists are, by nature, a **** of a lot more concerned with the art than the fans. Right? Otherwise we'd take the easy route and just be fans. Right? Am I right? I think I'm right. Oh well. I don't think the take away is dumb it down, the takeaway is I am serious about my art which is why I'm making it. Duh. Ok, back to your regularly scheduled Captain Obvious moment.
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The picture is pretty spot on. It's not about being serious. Too many people make dance music that don't dance. You can't think up a good beat and you can't discuss and analyze how to be groovy. But please, prove me wrong!

Re: drug goofiness.
The Man Who Loved Only Numbers

Or most people that have had their wisdom teeth removed have been on super strong opiates, and they aren't junkies.

Making a strong case that moderate drinking isn't so helpful for your cognitive functions.
Old 25th September 2012
Deleted 9b8a453
FYI

Straight from Wikipedia:

Coca – cocaine

Pemberton called for five ounces of coca leaf per gallon of syrup, a significant dose; in 1891, Candler claimed his formula (altered extensively from Pemberton's original) contained only a tenth of this amount. Coca-Cola once contained an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass. In 1903, it was removed.[41]

After 1904, instead of using fresh leaves, Coca-Cola started using "spent" leaves – the leftovers of the cocaine-extraction process with trace levels of cocaine.[42] Coca-Cola now uses a cocaine-free coca leaf extract prepared at a Stepan Company plant in Maywood, New Jersey.

In the United States, the Stepan Company is the only manufacturing plant authorized by the Federal Government to import and process the coca plant,[43] which it obtains mainly from Peru and, to a lesser extent, Bolivia. Besides producing the coca flavoring agent for Coca-Cola, the Stepan Company extracts cocaine from the coca leaves, which it sells to Mallinckrodt, a St. Louis, Missouri, pharmaceutical manufacturer that is the only company in the United States licensed to purify cocaine for medicinal use.

Just a quick fact check, I'm not really trying to hijack the thread.
Old 29th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EofN ➡️
FYI

Straight from Wikipedia:

Coca – cocaine

Pemberton called for five ounces of coca leaf per gallon of syrup, a significant dose; in 1891, Candler claimed his formula (altered extensively from Pemberton's original) contained only a tenth of this amount. Coca-Cola once contained an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass. In 1903, it was removed.[41]

After 1904, instead of using fresh leaves, Coca-Cola started using "spent" leaves – the leftovers of the cocaine-extraction process with trace levels of cocaine.[42] Coca-Cola now uses a cocaine-free coca leaf extract prepared at a Stepan Company plant in Maywood, New Jersey.

In the United States, the Stepan Company is the only manufacturing plant authorized by the Federal Government to import and process the coca plant,[43] which it obtains mainly from Peru and, to a lesser extent, Bolivia. Besides producing the coca flavoring agent for Coca-Cola, the Stepan Company extracts cocaine from the coca leaves, which it sells to Mallinckrodt, a St. Louis, Missouri, pharmaceutical manufacturer that is the only company in the United States licensed to purify cocaine for medicinal use.

Just a quick fact check, I'm not really trying to hijack the thread.
Fact Check and Wikipedia dont belong in the same universe. Seriously ,Wikipedia is not a legitimate source of information when trying to prove something.
Old 29th September 2012

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
thread moved.
Deleted 9b8a453
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SR ➡️
Fact Check and Wikipedia dont belong in the same universe. Seriously ,Wikipedia is not a legitimate source of information when trying to prove something.
Yes it is. It's a great source of information. Prove me wrong.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 9b8a453 ➡️
Yes it is. It's a great source of information. Prove me wrong.
I am not sure if you are trolling, or were in school at a time were Wikipedia did not exist. Lets see.

It is not peer reviewed.

Anybody can edit it.

You instantly get an F if you cite it in research papers.

The pages are missing citations most of the time.

Is that enough?
Old 29th September 2012
Deleted 9b8a453
Hah! I thought as much. You were brainwashed by the school, "don't use wikipedia you'll get an F!"

Kids of today, they don't know good information when they see it. Just blindly obey authority is your motto.

FYI, There was no internet access when I was in school.
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Hah! I thought as much. You were brainwashed by the school, "don't use wikipedia you'll get an F!"

Kids of today, they don't know good information when they see it. Just blindly obey authority is your motto.

FYI, There was no internet access when I was in school.
If by brainwashed you mean taught one of the basic "do nots" of academia then yes I was.

Why are you turning this into a political rant? It is pretty obvious you did not have the internet in school because you would have known that Wikipedia is not a quotable source. Please go to MIT and submit a research paper citing Wikipedia and tell me what happens.

EDIT: The founder of wikipedia even says it is not to be cited. "No, I don't think people should cite it, and I don't think people should cite Britannica, either -- the error rate there isn't very good. People shouldn't be citing encyclopedias in the first place. Wikipedia and other encyclopedias should be solid enough to give good, solid background information to inform your studies for a deeper level."

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/...rk-in-progress

Last edited by 80SR; 30th September 2012 at 02:12 AM.. Reason: Additional Info
ozy
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Wikipedia is a great source of information
and the Pope has Martin Luther's collected works as his favorite bed reading

Quote:
Prove me wrong.
You are proving yourself wrong all the time.

That's the best proof that wikipedia is a forum, not an encyclopedia.

His founder quitting it, and later explaining that it considered Wikipedia in its current form a degraded, corrupted and heavily dumbed-down effect of what he wanted to accomplish, is another proof, just in case you really want one.
Deleted 9b8a453
Quote:
and the Pope has Martin Luther's collected works as his favorite bed reading

You are proving yourself wrong all the time.

That's the best proof that wikipedia is a forum, not an encyclopedia.

His founder quitting it, and later explaining that it considered Wikipedia in its current form a degraded, corrupted and heavily dumbed-down effect of what he wanted to accomplish, is another proof, just in case you really want one.
Some of us are smart enough to know the truth when we see it, it comes with life experience. Nothing is perfect, including any encyclopedia. Prove me wrong about the coca cola thing and I'll listen if you have valid information. Otherwise, take the pompous disregard down a notch, it's not flattering.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Some of us are smart enough to know the truth when we see it, it comes with life experience. Nothing is perfect, including any encyclopedia. Prove me wrong about the coca cola thing and I'll listen if you have valid information. Otherwise, take the pompous disregard down a notch, it's not flattering.
I do not think you understand that in a formal debate you already lost for not having a valid source of information.

Protip: Click the little citation numbers to be taken to (possibly as individual webpages an articles need to be evaluated for accuracy) actual legitimate sources of information.
Old 1st October 2012 | Show parent
ozy
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I do not think you understand that in a formal debate you already lost for not having a valid source of information.
cut the guy some slack, pls:

some of them [? Aliens? Illuminati?]just know the truth, as he said (with some support from Wikipedia, Google and the Amazon catalogue).

They will just declare the truth as they know it apriori, and everybody else will just have to come with contrary proof. Or shut up.

It's called "Galileian Method".

More or less
Old 1st October 2012
Deleted 9b8a453
If you had any motivation to know the truth on this subject, you would do a simple search and look for patterns in the results. Instead, you seem more interested in "winning" a debate with me. The only trouble is, you have already lost due to your closed mind and lack of understanding of the world.
ozy
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
If you had any motivation to know the truth
I haven't any intention of knowing the truth. I don't need to.

You are already dispensing "the truth" for free to everybody, so why wasting time and effort?

Quote:
you seem more interested in "winning" a debate with me.
"Interested" to say the least. I'd rather say "frantically bent and anxious". Look:

Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
If you had any motivation to know the truth on this subject, you would do a simple search and look for patterns in the results. Instead, you seem more interested in "winning" a debate with me. The only trouble is, you have already lost due to your closed mind and lack of understanding of the world.
Yea no it does not work like that in the real world. Go to a scientific debate and say "But but I am right you just need to open your eyes! I have no credible sources or data, but I am right you are close minded!"
Old 2nd October 2012
Deleted 9b8a453
True, but I'm not a scientist who is trying to win over an audience during a debate. This is an internet forum, and having won the main argument earlier, I'm tying up this loose end - but apparently this person is hell bent on arguing over everything, presumably in a clumsy attempt to compensate for his ignorance earlier in the discussion.

He even admits that he is not interested in the truth of the matter, a most unscientific attitude if ever I saw one!

That's all folks.

For anyone who wants to know the truth about this subject, do some research, 5 minutes should be time enough if you are fast, and you'll see who is right on this topic. Unfortunately, I don't have time for a research paper on the subject...

I'M DONE WITH IT.
Old 2nd October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
True, but I'm not a scientist who is trying to win over an audience during a debate. This is an internet forum, and having won the main argument earlier, I'm tying up this loose end - but apparently this person is hell bent on arguing over everything, presumably in a clumsy attempt to compensate for his ignorance earlier in the discussion.

He even admits that he is not interested in the truth of the matter, a most unscientific attitude if ever I saw one!

That's all folks.

For anyone who wants to know the truth about this subject, do some research, 5 minutes should be time enough if you are fast, and you'll see who is right on this topic. Unfortunately, I don't have time for a research paper on the subject...

I'M DONE WITH IT.
I was not in the early discussion nor do I care, as you have not proven anything by citing incredible sources.

"If anybody wants to blindly accept what I am saying then go ahead."

This is the internet, unless you have credible proof you are full of ****.

Just how it is. Carry on.
Old 2nd October 2012 | Show parent
Deleted 9b8a453
Quote:
I was not in the early discussion nor do I care, as you have not proven anything by citing incredible sources.

"If anybody wants to blindly accept what I am saying then go ahead."

This is the internet, unless you have credible proof you are full of ****.

Just how it is. Carry on.
Not as full of **** as trolls who mindlessly dispute everything, but who are too LAZY to even investigate their own claims.

You contributed NOTHING to the discussion except mindlessly parroting whatever your high school teacher told you about not using Wikipedia.

I have nothing to prove to those who choose to ignore, or those who don't care about seeking the truth.

All I can say is, keep an open mind, investigate things for yourself, and always seek the truth. Or be an argumentative troll if that's your true calling.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…