Quantcast
How a regular person listens to electronic music - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How a regular person listens to electronic music
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #91
Lives for gear
 
ksandvik's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 9b8a453 ➡️
Ever drank a beer?
Is that classified a drug nowadays? Anyway, not since 1992 or so. Still enjoy music so that theory doesn't work either. I confess, I take an aspirin now and then.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #92
Deleted 9b8a453
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandvik ➡️
Is that classified a drug nowadays? Anyway, not since 1992 or so. Still enjoy music so that theory doesn't work either. I confess, I take an aspirin now and then.
Aspirin is not psychoactive. Drinking is taking a drug, and a powerful one too.

I didn't say that drugs were required to enjoy music. Look deeper.

Never mind about classifications! Just THINK.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #93
Lives for gear
 
ksandvik's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EofN ➡️
Aspirin is not psychoactive. Drinking is taking a drug, and a powerful one too.

Never mind about classifications! Just THINK.
Do you have a headache looking at your face palm? Take an aspirin. Actually, even better, listen to Mozart.

Going back to the theme again. EDM has changed quite a lot the last five years, electro house, nu-disco, indie dance, dubstep... We are back into maximalism so I would think the drug usage at clubs are dropping, hopefully.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #94
Deleted 9b8a453
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandvik ➡️
Do you have a headache looking at your face palm? Take an aspirin. Actually, even better, listen to Mozart.
Actually, I just took 2 Ibuprofens

They are more powerful than aspirin, and easier on the GIT.

For muscle pain, no headaches here
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #95
Deleted 9b8a453
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandvik ➡️

Going back to the theme again. EDM has changed quite a lot the last five years, electro house, nu-disco, indie dance, dubstep... We are back into maximalism so I would think the drug usage at clubs are dropping, hopefully.
Hah! Drug use is dropping because the government are controlling every part of your lives, and many young people today are too pampered / weak willed to do anything to stop it.

When the next generation of rebels is born, they'll turn it upside down again.
Old 24th September 2012
  #96
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
The government can't protect you from yourself. You get the final say about what enters your body.

Anyway, psychoactive drugs alter perception. I don't see that this is an intrinsically good or bad thing.
Old 24th September 2012
  #97
Lives for gear
 
login's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Music is a biological adaptations in humans, according to some recent literature on the subject.

Drugs as mushrooms have been with humans a long long time, so it is possible the intake of drugs have also influenced the development of music as an adaptation in the last 20,000 years, specially in it's role as a social bond.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #98
Lives for gear
 
atma's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Chris ➡️
Meanwhile there's drug war being waged and innocent people are being butchered and having their body parts left on the highways and their families being left with video footage of it.

Sorry, no offence but some of you here can shove political bull**** up your ass.
sorry, but that's 100% political bull****. i live a half hour away from jaurez, mexico which is the murder capital of the world because of that drug war. and it has nothing to do with people consuming drugs (which is an inextricable part of every culture that's ever existed and will continue to be), but relates completely to terrible political drug policy and more importantly the billions of dollars being made by those waging an interminable war that cannot be won.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #99
Lives for gear
 
masaski's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma ➡️
sorry, but that's 100% political bull****. i live a half hour away from jaurez, mexico which is the murder capital of the world because of that drug war. and it has nothing to do with people consuming drugs (which is an inextricable part of every culture that's ever existed and will continue to be), but relates completely to terrible political drug policy and more importantly the billions of dollars being made by those waging an interminable war that cannot be won.
+1

War on drugs...usually with most of these things, the opposite meaning applies.

Since the US government sanctioned the use of confiscated drug dealer funds to help finance the CIA black ops, it's in the US administrations interest to keep the drug war nice and healthy.

The government are the biggest drug dealers; crack cocaine and heroin flooded into US cities via the CIA to ghettoise, sedate and generally turn everyone's head to mush, if you know your history like...

LSD scared the bijesus out of them. In fact, any drug they don't control and encourages you to be a free thinker scares them half to death.

But that's a whole other issue
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #100
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by masaski ➡️
+1

War on drugs...usually with most of these things, the opposite meaning applies.

Since the US government sanctioned the use of confiscated drug dealer funds to help finance the CIA black ops, it's in the US administrations interest to keep the drug war nice and healthy.

The government are the biggest drug dealers; crack cocaine and heroin flooded into US cities via the CIA to ghettoise, sedate and generally turn everyone's head to mush, if you know your history like...

LSD scared the bijesus out of them. In fact, any drug they don't control and encourages you to be a free thinker scares them half to death.

But that's a whole other issue
+a bilion
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #101
ozy
Lives for gear
 
ozy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 9b8a453 ➡️
BTW Alcoholic drinks are a powerful drug, most often accompanied with music of one sort or another.I don't know what civilizations are to be considered "sober" do you mean Oklahoma?
I already stated that "sobriety", in my dictionary, allows for good wine and beer

You shoule read more carefully: lines, and what's between lines.

I didn't directly condemn drugs as such (even if I don't use them, because on where and how I grow up and because of some respect I have for my body's chemical processes: they are weird and complex enough without "enhancing" them).

I harshly condemned bad music.

I wouldn't EVER punish a kid for "inhaling".

But I would harshly punish him for listening to Skrillex.
Old 24th September 2012
  #102
Bio
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I already stated that "sobriety", in my dictionary, allows for good wine and beer
Scientists disagree with you.

"Sobriety is the condition of not having any measurable levels, or effects from mood-altering drugs."

And alcohol is a very hard drugs that definitely alter your mood.

Sobriety is not about the kind of drugs, it's about abstinence of drugs use.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #103
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by masaski ➡️
LSD scared the bijesus out of them. In fact, any drug they don't control and encourages you to be a free thinker scares them half to death.
Yep. This is the real reason these drugs are illegal.

The CIA poured loads of money and resources into psychedelic research too, they had programs exploring everything from remote viewing to brainwashing.

It always amazes me how dismissive many people are of 'weird' stuff, when our Governments take this stuff very very seriously and pour loads of money into truly bizarre research trials.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #104
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by herokiller ➡️
The CIA poured loads of money and resources into psychedelic research too, they had programs exploring everything from remote viewing to brainwashing.
So THAT'S what "Halloween III" was all about...


Regards,
Frank
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #105
ozy
Lives for gear
 
ozy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio ➡️
Scientists disagree with you... sobriety is about abstinence of any drug use.
Bull****.

You can drink wine in moderation, or beer in moderation, and still be sober. You cannot have "some" heroin or cocaine and still be sober. Even a "moderate" quantity will make you a junkie.

the "wine and beer and coffee" = "heroin and crack" equation

is pure, unadulterated, advertising from the drug cartels.

it matches, by stupidity, the "if you don't abstain from a glass of wine, you can't frown upon amphetamines" bromide.

I have been scolded since my teen years by friends who compared their heroin to my beer.

what a load of bull****!

A glass of beer loosened my hands before a concert. The basic dose of heroin barred them from opening their guitar's case. Some BASIC difference!

Truth is, from any (medical, moral, security) point of view,

a pregnant woman or a 13-year-old kid can have a sip of wine under supervision,

for taste and conviviality,

or you can give half a cup of coffee with some milk to a child,

but nobody in his mind would ever dare to give a kid a "moderate and diluted" quantity of Cloud Nine or heroin.

There must be a reason is wine, beer, coffee are customarily used by vulnerable people in small quantities,

while heroin or crack and their effects are repulsive to 99% of people even in minimal doses.

"Politics" my left foot (or right foot, whatever)...

Anyway. An image is worth 1000 words. Watch the colour of that wine:



Side effects? Nice digestion of a delicate plate of shrimps
Old 24th September 2012
  #106
Bio
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Bull****.

You can drink wine in moderation, or beer in moderation, and still be sober. You cannot have "some" heroin or cocaine and still be sober. Even a "moderate" quantity will make you a junkie.
Please, if you don't know about this subject, don't try to distort reality to make it feat your pseudo-theory. It's sad.

You are just plain wrong, read the scientist about it. Not your personal feeling.

There are facts about this, scientifics facts, not only how you feel about it.
Old 24th September 2012
  #107
ozy
Lives for gear
 
ozy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Please, if you don't know about this subject, don't try to distort reality to make it fit your pseudo-theory. It's sad.

You are just plain wrong, read the scientists about it. Not your personal feelings.

There are facts about this, scientifics facts, not only how you feel about it.



[Does it sound like a solid argument, when written by your opponent?]
Old 24th September 2012
  #108
Bio
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Any real world fact you like to add to you pseudo theory ?

Or a scientist publication ?

If not maybe you shouldn't take your opinion so seriously and refrain from sharing. Or read a scientist book on this subject
Old 24th September 2012
  #109
Bio
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
It's not really the place to talk about drugs imo.

So i'm not going to post a lot of scientist articles or anything.

But please, make some search on the subject before sharing your opinion as a fact.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #110
ozy
Lives for gear
 
ozy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio ➡️
Or read a scientist book on this subject
I am ready to educated myself.

author and titles of doctors recommending crack and heroin please.

One of the many scientific (or "scientist", as you say) books you read on the subject,

which support the idea that a crack pipe and a champagne flute have the same impact on mind, mood and health.

Just one book for starters.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio ➡️
i'm not going to post a lot of scientist articles or anything.
probably because they don't exist.

But if they do, please post one or two titles.

Seriously.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #111
Lives for gear
 
login's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy ➡️
Please, if you don't know about this subject, don't try to distort reality to make it fit your pseudo-theory. It's sad.

You are just plain wrong, read the scientists about it. Not your personal feelings.

There are facts about this, scientifics facts, not only how you feel about it.



[Does it sound like a solid argument, when written by your opponent?]
"Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse."
David Nutt, Leslie A King, William Saulsbury, Colin Blakemore.
The Lancet 2007; 369:1047-1053
DOI:10.1016/S0140-6736(07)60464-4


Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse : The Lancet

And like this there are some other papers on the same subject.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #112
Deleted 9b8a453
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy ➡️
Bull****.

You can drink wine in moderation, or beer in moderation, and still be sober. You cannot have "some" heroin or cocaine and still be sober. Even a "moderate" quantity will make you a junkie.
Not true! Who the hell drinks wine and beer in moderation? People who have been drunk 10,000 times and who are old and wise enough to know better, that's who!

Also, what about people who have used coca leaves to stimulate themselves when they're walking about in the mountains? Those leaves give you sober energy, like coffee in the morning, whereas alcohol depresses your brain. I met a guy who did Heroin in his past and he was one of the smartest, most productive guys I ever met, not a junkie at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy ➡️

A glass of beer loosened my hands before a concert. The basic dose of heroin barred them from opening their guitar's case. Some BASIC difference!
Alchohol loosens inhibitions and give you "dutch courage." Heroin makes you fall on your ass and have dreams. Amphetamine speeds your mind and improves your focus, and allows you to dance like a maniac for extended periods. E makes you want to hug everyone within a certain radius...and allows you to dance like a maniac for extended periods. Do your research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy ➡️
Truth is, from any (medical, moral, security) point of view,

a pregnant woman or a 13-year-old kid can have a sip of wine under supervision,

for taste and conviviality,

or you can give half a cup of coffee with some milk to a child,

but nobody in his mind would ever dare to give a kid a "moderate and diluted" quantity of Cloud Nine or heroin.

There must be a reason is wine, beer, coffee are customarily used by vulnerable people in small quantities,

while heroin or crack and their effects are repulsive to 99% of people even in minimal doses.
Truth is, vulnerable people actually consume alcohol and caffeine in large quantities, that's called addiction.

There is a drug in England called Kaolin and Morphine, which people give to their kids.

I personally take a poppy seed supplement every day because it calms me down and helps me to fit in.

Both contain small amounts of opium, so again you are wrong.

Even coca cola (a drink marketed at children) is made with an extract of coca leaves (yes, even to this day, although they made it less psychoactive than the original formula)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy ➡️
Anyway. An image is worth 1000 words. Watch the colour of that wine:
Next time leave out the 1000 words, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy ➡️
Side effects? Nice digestion of a delicate plate of shrimps
Side effects of alcohol? Liver failure, Kidney failure, Brain damage, Depression, Muscle degeneration, addiction, ruined relationships, criminality, violence... not to mention projectile vomited shrimps. the list goes on and on.

That's why I quit drinking, been "sober" for more than a year now!
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #113
Deleted 9b8a453
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio ➡️
It's not really the place to talk about drugs imo.

So i'm not going to post a lot of scientist articles or anything.

But please, make some search on the subject before sharing your opinion as a fact.
True, but sometimes it's nice to follow an argument to a logical conclusion. Besides, it's a really interesting topic that is also relevant to the main topic.

Also nice to see some scientific thinkers are out there... shows we're in good company.

FYI: I am not anti - drinking, I just know that it's not good for some people. I am one of those people.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #114
ozy
Lives for gear
 
ozy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 9b8a453 ➡️
coca cola is made with an extract of coca leaves
I see.

And "it works as a contraceptive if you wash the vagina with it withinh 1 hour from the sexual intercourse", right?

And "its logo is inspired by a Talmudic magic spell", correct?

And "Coca Cola financed the Pinochet golpe", didn't they?

What else?

Oh, yes: "never wash down aspirin with a coke: their combination produces LSD. My cousin knows a guy who knows a guy who jumped from a skyscraper after drinking Coke and Aspirin".

I will have a Tylenol now: you two people are making my head ache: too much "scientific" information in one day.

btw "Login" has been so busy frantically searching google for "scientist documents" to support his rant ,

that half the Western Emisphere is currently experiencing this:

Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #115
Deleted 9b8a453
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy ➡️
doesn't seem to work, though


Too calm = too boring.
Old 24th September 2012
  #116
Lives for gear
 
Sir Chris's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Ozy glad to see some people here are educated and more worldly than some of these suburban upper middle class, kids on here with their fairy tales of govt conspiracy. Arguing with these people is like arguing with a 12yr old girl with Bieber fever.

Normal/most people drink in moderation, that's reality. People with a drinking problem and younger jits like teenagers and early 20's are the ones that drink to get drunk.

Also for those of u that don't know anything. War on drugs started after the Dadeland Massacre in Miami in 1979. The cocain queen who ordered that hit? Was just assassinated last month. The drug war is all about the cartels having control of distribution into and within the US. So its ok, u keep buying your drugs while my people keep having their body parts flung on highways, shot in the face in front of their families, and being stuffed into drum barrels and being lit on fire while most of u sit in your sheltered inbred towns in the middle of nowhere, far far away from where people close to my family are being affected.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #117
ozy
Lives for gear
 
ozy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Chris ➡️
u sit in your sheltered inbred towns in the middle of nowhere
HOW DARE YOU!!!

Forum police is gonna arrest you!!!

Advertising meth is one thing - it is socially acceptable. Even advisable, if you want to become a successful DJ.

But rubbing juvenile faces into the consequences of their theories, that is UNSENSITIVE!
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #118
Deleted 9b8a453
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy ➡️
I see.

And "it works as a contraceptive if you wash the vagina with it withinh 1 hour from the sexual intercourse", right?

And "its logo is inspired by a Talmudic magic spell", correct?

And "Coca Cola financed the Pinochet golpe", didn't they?

What else?

Oh, yes: "never wash down aspirin with a coke: their combination produces LSD. My cousin knows a guy who knows a guy who jumped from a skyscraper after drinking Coke and Aspirin".

I will have a Tylenol now: you two people are making my head ache: too much "scientific" information in one day.

btw "Login" has been so busy frantically searching google for "scientist documents" to support his rant ,

that half the Western Emisphere is currently experiencing this:
Hah! The last, desperate, insane rantings of a defeated foe, as intellectual blood gushes from his arteries and soaks into the ground of the forum.

Oh, I see you have attracted a lovely friend. One who is "normal" and has come to teach "those of us who don't know anything." I can hardly wait.
Old 24th September 2012
  #119
Gear Addict
 
pearlywhites's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Just wait until US gov bans PMK safrol oil and the kids turn to plant food instead
Old 24th September 2012
  #120
Lives for gear
 
Sir Chris's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Its obvious people will believe what they want and will subscribe to any ideology they find on the internet no matter how ridiculous it is, just as long as its in line with what they want the truth to be. They are no different than the Jesus freaks of this country.

I like the vibe of the EDM scene but its just as hypocritical as religious people. It claims to be about peace, love, and let's get along but then supports the drug war, while it believes its part of the solution when in fact its part of the problem, all the while good people are being killed and mutilated.

Its very unnerving to go overseas on any tour and hear foreigners snicker and how stupid and fat Americans are while I have to be apologetic and assure them that not all of us are that way. But some u here keep reminding me that the world is not that wrong about us.



Sent from my Nexus S 4G
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump