Quantcast
For twin cities folk and piano lovers. + first post - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
For twin cities folk and piano lovers. + first post
Old 20th August 2005
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
For twin cities folk and piano lovers. + first post

Hello. I've been a reader of slutz' for at least a year and a half but never have posted until, you guessed it, now! I tend to feel like I don't have much to contribute with people of such esteem posting here. The other side of that is there is so much filler on such subjective issues, I wouldn't want to add to that. I finally have something I feel I want to contribute.

Not exactly gear related but for any music lover, this place is unreal if you've never been. It's the Schubert Club Keyboard Collection museum. website . I saw a little thing on Public Access a few weeks ago with a fellow talking about the museum, so I wrote down the number and went with a friend today. It's in the basement of the Landmark Center and free. There was no one there other than a man reading a book at the front and we just walked around. I went in thinking I would play every kind they would allow, but when I was there I felt like I would not be honoring their majestic beauty by allowing my novice piano skills to shame their keys. Clavichords, harpsichords, spinetts, virginals, fortes, player pianos, uprights, grands, etc. There are some you can't play due to age and condition, but it appeared most could be played. Top notch entertainment.

As an added bonus there was an exhibit up 2 levels with letters from 10 composers. Actual handwritten stuff with translations and backround info. There was a mold of chopin's hand and a Franz Listz signed piano that had some funny quote I wish I would have remembered. Rachmoninov's practice piano also. Very informative fellow in that room. Once again, top notch entertainment.

Proof-reading this, I see that it reads like some ad for this place, but I assure you this post is fueled by my enthusiasm from a most enjoyable and interesting trip. I mean, it's free. A lot of the stuff was donated and I hear they are endowed in several departments.

Now, which preamp will shine best on edgy male vocals?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…