Quantcast
Captain Chesley Sullenberger I salute you. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Captain Chesley Sullenberger I salute you.
Old 6th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Captain Chesley Sullenberger I salute you.

The audio was released today of US Airways Flight 1549. Bravo Zulu Captain Sullenberger, Bravo Zulu sir.

"That pilot is a stud," said one police source. "After the crash, he was sitting there in the ferry terminal, wearing his hat, sipping his coffee and acting like nothing happened."

Old 6th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm very glad we have so many experienced military pilots in our commercial airline system...
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronmr20 ➡️
I'm very glad we have so many experienced military pilots in our commercial airline system...
How great would it be to walk on to your plane and see Captain "Sully" sitting in the cockpit? I've done a little research and he was a top grad at the Air Force Academy, which is not easy. In his graduation year at the academy, he received the Outstanding Cadet in Airmanship Award, which is given to the top flier in each graduating class.
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
This is where I wish we would all remember such things for a longer time.

Sullenberger deserves to be remembered; there should be a website that updates and reminds the 'flying public' about heroic deeds done by commercial pilots over the years. A hit list of great commercial flying feats, renewed as needed.

Meanwhile, I hope the airline did right by him with some terrific reward.
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Closet ➡️
This is where I wish we would all remember such things for a longer time.

Sullenberger deserves to be remembered; there should be a website that updates and reminds the 'flying public' about heroic deeds done by commercial pilots over the years. A hit list of great commercial flying feats, renewed as needed.

Meanwhile, I hope the airline did right by him with some terrific reward.
Wow.. you can hear it in the controller's voice when he said he lost radar contact. He was sure we had lost them.

According to Sully, he was just doing his job. (Of course to the rest of us, that meant keeping his cool and dropping a ginormous metal tube with no engines in the Hudson in such a way that he saved everyone on board, then took his time to personally check every aisle... twice!)

However... I did hear a rumor today that some of the passengers intend to sue.

I just can't fathom that......
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
According to Sully, he was just doing his job. (Of course to the rest of us, that meant keeping his cool and dropping a ginormous metal tube with no engines in the Hudson in such a way that he saved everyone on board, then took his time to personally check every aisle... twice!)
I don't think most people quite understand the amount of skill it takes to do something like that. A minuscule miscalculation can cause the plane to either break apart or violently flip upon impacting the water. Some of the frequent flyer passengers claimed that they had experienced rougher landings on run ways. Maybe they where exaggerating, I don't know. Either way Captain "Sully" is a bad ass.
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
3 words...

cool, calm and collected.

that man knows his ****! i really like the "unable" rather than my first thought of "oh****controllwehitbirdsandidonthtinkwecanmakeitback"
Old 14th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude ➡️
3 words...

cool, calm and collected.

that man knows his ****! i really like the "unable" rather than my first thought of "oh****controllwehitbirdsandidonthtinkwecanmakeitback"
Old 16th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

However... I did hear a rumor today that some of the passengers intend to sue.

I just can't fathom that......
It's sickening really.
Found this on the subject.

Quote:
“I think if you survive a plane crash, being upgraded permanently is a good gesture too,” said Fred Berretta, 41, of Charlotte, NC, where the Airbus A320 was headed.

Manhattanite Tess Sosa, who escaped the sinking plane with her husband and two small children, thought the airline was too focused on self-congratulations - and “they want to exonerate themselves as much as they can.”

“They are happy they had such amazing results, and they applaud themselves, and then give us a small token?” she said. “That’s how I take it.”
Get this, lady….the fact that you and all your felow passengers walked away with your selfish behind intact was more than a small token. That pilot did the near impossible - he avoided crashing into a city in a big ball of flame wherein all of you would most certainly have died. Not only that, he dead stick landed in a river and you all walked away, incovenienced but but ALIVE.

Are they “applauding themselves”? Yep, and they have every right to.

Quote:
“You’re going to crash me into the water, and you’re going to tell me all I get is an upgrade?” asked Antonio Sales, 20, who was traveling with the University of South Carolina’s track team. “That’s more of an ‘OK, you’re not dead, I’ll give you something to hold on to.’ It’s not enough at all.”
Way to man up, Antonio.

I guess he’s missing the point that they didn’t deliberately crash him into the water for funsies. They did it to save his life after GEESE hit the planes engines.

Not only should these people not be howling for more, they should be throwing rose petals at US Airlines employees wherever they see them, especially that pilot..

Wanna sue somebody? Sue the geese. They did it. All that pilot did was save your lives after something that was completely beyond his or the airline’s control happened.
Old 16th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Never fails....something amazing happens, where most of us celebrate and draw a deep breath at what could have happened...and then some of the assholes who survive don't think that is enough....

I say go old school on these ****s: put 'em back in the Hudson with cement shoes on. The memory of that landing does not deserve to be despoiled by such ignorant whiners.
Sorry for the language, but when people can't even appreciate surviving without getting 'bennies' something is really wrong.

The horrible ground hit in NY from ice should give everyone pause....
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…