Recommend a movie! - Page 14 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recommend a movie!
Old 10th April 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett ➑️
Uh . . . why would you want to listen to it?
Hadn't really planned on it. I was just looking on the web for more info about him and the links came up. It was pretty short, not even sure if it was real. He should have had a wind sock on the microphone, mostly you hear a lot of wind noise.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Cool. I did see a couple of very good movies lately. The Fighter and Black Swan. Both I thought were pretty incredible.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBit ➑️
If you haven't seen already....

Being John Malkovitch.

Also

Crumb.
+1
all the Spike Jonze +Charlie Kaufmann's movies must be watched!
I suggest you also "Adaptation" after Being John Malkovtich
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Adaptation is pretty trippy, I liked it quite a bit. And BJM is great, very quirky. Wouldn't want to watch it on acid I don't think.
Old 11th April 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
OK, well good. Maybe I can watch it. I heard Werner Herzog interviewed about this movie and I was sure his death was a part of it. Thanks.
Henry, you must see this movie and discuss! As I think about it more it has become one of the most extraordinary things I have ever seen. You truly see actual madness unfolding before your eyes. But he was also a mad genius. You would not ever believe such a thing possible without seeing it on film. Really the most disturbing thing in the movie is his foul language. heh
Old 13th April 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I watched Patton tonight, which somehow I'd never actually managed to watch before. It's quite long, but it just flew by so quickly because I was obviously quite into it. I don't think I would put it quite up there with Dr. Zhivago or The Incredible Lightness of Being or a few other huge epics of that era, but very good. I never realized that Coppolla was as screen writer on it.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great ➑️
Henry, you must see this movie and discuss! As I think about it more it has become one of the most extraordinary things I have ever seen. You truly see actual madness unfolding before your eyes. But he was also a mad genius. You would not ever believe such a thing possible without seeing it on film. Really the most disturbing thing in the movie is his foul language. heh
I saw it when it came out. Really riveting stuff. I actually remember watching him on Letterman years before he was killed. When I heard about it I couldnt believe it was the same guy. Also apparently his friends (the woman in the movie who lets Herzog listen to the tape) wasnt happy with the movie, as they thought it focused too much on his antics and supposed lunacy, whereas they say he really was an expert on bears and did a lot of good work. But that wouldnt make for an interesting movie.

Lately, I've watched "Law Abiding Citizen" as its been on HBO or whatever for a few weeks now. I thought it was good.
Old 13th April 2011
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Mulholland Drive, I love the acting by Naomi Watts and David Lynch is just a genius for making such complex stories.
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Naomi Watts. Fughedaboutit. She's a great actor and my type and then some. If you like her, check out the movie 'Elle Parker', which she made with a friend before she became a big star. He put it out originally as a short, then she came back and helped him make it a full length film. It's quite funny, and she's completely gorgeous.
Old 14th April 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Have a look at the Rock, its old, but its great. Con Air too.

Lord of the Rings, if you haven't seen them. Devil was quite good albiet a little predictable.
Old 14th April 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Last night I watched the 1957 movie "A Face In The Crowd" starring a young Andy Griffith as Lonesome Rhodes, and Patricia Neal. Also a small but important role for Walter Matthau. It was also the first role for Lee Remick. Good movie by Elia Kazan that has political relevance today. Gives context for me to Keith Olberman's dubbing of Glenn Beck "Lonesome Rhodes Beck."
Old 15th April 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I (re)watched The Red Violin tonight, what a great, epic flick, with a musical theme as well so OT.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
At the risk of dumbing things down a little, I'd like to recommend a few fun movies. 1) Midnight Run 2) Couch Trip 3) Zombieland. ----- At the risk of provoking and/or disturbing dormant brain cells, I'd also like to recommend some others : 1) Blade Runner 2) Caligula 3) Clockwork Orange 4) Taxi Driver 5) Once Upon A Time In America 6) Rude Boy 7) Videodrome 8) Inception 9) The Thing (1980's version is more accessible) 10) Into The Wild
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
L'armee des Ombres (Army of Shadows) Army of Shadows (1969) - IMDb

Fabulous film. Who's loyal and who will betray you?
Old 15th April 2011
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
This week also I saw Elevator to the Gallows. French film by Louis Malle with a "score" by Miles Davis. 1958.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Good stuff Henry. I don't know why more people won't watch foreign language films (with subs). You get more involved in the plot that way
Old 18th April 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
So I plan on going to the theater that's still showing Black Swan and Kings Speech? Which one should I see?
Old 18th April 2011
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
BC- did you go yet? I haven't seen KS, but since it ran away with all the oscars, I'd see that. I did see BS and it was great.
Old 20th April 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
BC- did you go yet? I haven't seen KS, but since it ran away with all the oscars, I'd see that. I did see BS and it was great.
Nope, I haven't gone yet and I have tomorrow off so I'll go see Kings Speech. I'll post my review after I see it.
Old 20th April 2011
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Good. Let me know how you like, but don't give anything away! No spoilers!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Good. Let me know how you like, but don't give anything away! No spoilers!
I'm totally going to trick you and spoil it for you in the review. JK HR! heh
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
IΒ΄d like to recommend Conspiracy (2001). ItΒ΄s just a TV production, but i was impressed by the acting, the camera work and the overall production style. To me it was more like watching a stage play than watching a movie.

While it cannot replace books, documentary films and discussions with contemporary witnesses (what few there are left), itΒ΄ll provide an impression of what took place in that house near the Wannsee, Berlin.
Old 6th November 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I think someone suggested this one somewhere in this thread, just saw 'The Guitar'. Pretty good movie, makes you think, what if you only had a month to live..
Old 7th November 2011
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
the departed. some badass movie
Old 7th November 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Blade Runner - Director's cut. Lovely soundtrack.
Old 7th November 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Tenacious D.

Holly crap that is some funny stuff. Jack Black at his best. Two thumbs up.
Old 14th November 2011
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Jacob's Ladder

Author's of japanese Silent Hill games were inspired by this film - so it's surreal and with some DEEP
Old 20th November 2011
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Our idiot brother! Paul rudd is the best.
Old 15th April 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I strongly recommend a movie from 2010 called 'Sarah's Key'.

Beyond words, very moving.
Old 19th June 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Leprechaun

Just saw 'Leprechaun' for the first time. Stupid, campy, not scary, unconvincing gore, and I'm not sure if it was really meant to be a comedy, but I laughed my ass off!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…