Quantcast
The Holographic Universe - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Holographic Universe
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

The Holographic Universe

Pure Pedantry : Evidence for the Holographic Principle?
So jitter gives us evidence of the holographic nature of our universe? Interesting...
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is this a light hearted post ?
Dunno what the connection between laser interferometry and clock stability is .
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

saying jitter was light hearted, because all of us audio people seem consumed by trying to eliminate it, but it is quantum jitter that shows the holographic nature of the universe (it has nothing to do with audio clocks. I intentionally said that supposing people here would get the reference to audio clocks).
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ah , sorry mate , I killed the giggles :(
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Add to the long list of loony "theorems". On the basis of this very flimsy "evidence" this turkey just ain't gonna fly. Interesting that the student site is from some guy majoring in BS. Sounds like there's far too many modern physicists out there majoring in BS!!....
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeplanet ➑️
Add to the long list of loony "theorems". On the basis of this very flimsy "evidence" this turkey just ain't gonna fly. Interesting that the student site is from some guy majoring in BS. Sounds like there's far too many modern physicists out there majoring in BS!!....
I'd be curious to hear what you're basing this on. Sincerely, I would like to know if you have more info. So far it sounds like a legit way of thinking to me. The guy theorizes that we have a two dimensional plane, i.e. the event horizon of a black hole that collapses 3-D information and then re-emits it in the form of Hawking radiation. So he applies this to the 2-D plane of the universe. Then he predicts what type of information he would find in quantum Plancks. Then he talks to some other scientists with a gravity wave detector and it turns out that the background "noise" the detector was picking up and they couldn't adjust for, get rid of or explain away fits the type of information the first scientists theorized. Sounds like a pretty sound direction to keep looking in. Besides this isn't the first time a physicist has postulated we're in a holographic universe, it seems the evidence may be mounting.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…