Quantcast
Tennis anyone? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tennis anyone?
Old 22nd June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah, I agree, Wimbledon is the best tournament. Fred Perry was the last Brit to win it (1936) but I'll bet he made more from the clothes he endorsed all those years
Old 22nd June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Fred Perry sponsors Murray I think.

I am definitely hoping for a Murray/Federer final!!!

Since Andy already has a winning record against Roger I also hope for Murray in 5.
(Now that I've nailed my colours to wind he'll probably loose in the first round tho'.)
Old 1st July 2009 | Show parent
Deleted bd1be4f
Can I just say that NBC sucks? First, they screw the pooch at the French Open by not showing the Federer semifinal, now they're broadcasting the mens' quarters on a delay, where I can get all the real time scores and results online.

Screw NBC.
Old 1st July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zboy2854 ➡️
Can I just say that NBC sucks? First, they screw the pooch at the French Open by not showing the Federer semifinal, now they're broadcasting the mens' quarters on a delay, where I can get all the real time scores and results online.

Screw NBC.
I hate that sort of thing, that's not sports coverage. Shame on them dfegad
Old 2nd July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The worst one for those things used to be British Eurosport!

I like watching MotoGP but sometimes I don't (can't) get up in the middle of the night to watch the GPs of Australia or Japan.
So I'd watch the repeat as live of the whole race on Eurosport 2. Unfortunately they would scroll sports news along the bottom of the screen on a permanent basis, including the results of the race I just settled down to watch!!!
Luckily they stopped that now.

Back to the tennis: Murray is still in it and looking good!

On the news yesterday they said tickets for the final go for up to £20k on the black market!!! Guess that number would drop considerably were Murray to loose his semi…
Old 2nd July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Screw NBC.

The Championships, Wimbledon 2009 - Grand Slam Tennis - Official Site by IBM

Murray vs Roddick in the semi's...

I'd love to see Roddick win at Wimbledon, which would be a shock! I didn't think he would make it this far. I'm really torn about this match, I've been rooting for Roddick for the last 8 years as the US's only hope, but at the same time even I'm caught up in the Murray mania.

Roddick was asked about the upcoming Murray match and he said, “I'm just going pretend that when they say ‘C'mon, Andy’, that they mean me.” ... pretty funny.

It might not matter though as Fed has been looking unstoppable as usual. Haas has been playing the best I've ever seen him, but I think he's standing in the way of history.

The ladies semi's should be great with the 1 thru 4 seeds left… only the best of the best.

It's been a really great tournament all around.

Old 3rd July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Roddick beats Murray!!! Unbelievable!

It's been a great year for the US at Wimbledon so far...

Roddick in the mens single finals.
Serena and Venus in the womens singles & doubles finals.
and the Bryan bros are in the mens doubles finals.

A great year indeed!

Deleted bd1be4f
Yes, although a big middle finger again to NBC, who broadcast the Andy-Andy match on a delay, and I had to get the live score updates online..

As much as I admire Federer, I'm rooting for Andy to pull off the upset on Sunday..
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Wow. I wouldn't read this thread until I saw it. Amazing match. I'd love to see him go all the way. I've never seen him play that way. And it was a perfect match. They were well matched against each other. That's when it's good to see. Like Serena and Dementieva, as opposed to Venus and Safina. I'm rooting for Venus and Andy.
Old 4th July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes, although a big middle finger again to NBC, who broadcast the Andy-Andy match on a delay, and I had to get the live score updates online..

As much as I admire Federer, I'm rooting for Andy to pull off the upset on Sunday..
+1

I just stayed away from all media until I saw the match.

Same here, I have a lot of respect for Federer & still like watching him win. It's great to see him make history. But I'm pulling for Andy to pull a massive upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett ➡️
Wow. I wouldn't read this thread until I saw it. Amazing match. I'd love to see him go all the way. I've never seen him play that way. And it was a perfect match. They were well matched against each other. That's when it's good to see. Like Serena and Dementieva, as opposed to Venus and Safina. I'm rooting for Venus and Andy.
Definitely Andy’s best tennis to date. Serena-Demetieva was excellent women’s tennis, which seemed to be missing lately. Safina needs to chill out.

I'm also pulling for Venus & Andy.

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It's been a great tournament - well done Roddick.

If anyone gets the chance to watch on BBC, I thoroughly reccomend it.
I get to watch it for free in Holland (funded by the beleagured British license fee payer!) - thanks

John McEnroe is a great contributor.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My pleasure!

Roddick is playing exceptionally well, I have to admit.
Nevertheless I will be supporting Roger tomorrow.
Hope it will be a good game!

Well done to Serena btw!

And you're right BBC coverage is very good and John and Boris make excellent pundits!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Roddick has that massive serve and that's about it really. Federer has the all round game, I expect him to win........
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute ➡️
Roddick has that massive serve and that's about it really. Federer has the all round game, I expect him to win........
don't know man. Well yes, I expect Federer to win, but did you see Roddick play Murray? He had much more of his game together than the serve. I've never seen him play that well. He had the game and the court covered. I was very impressed.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Congrats to Serena for her 3rd Wimbledon singles championship!
And to the Williams sisters for their back to back Wimbledon doubles championship!

Since the sudden retiring of Justine Henin last year, the Williams sisters are the only thing keeping women’s tennis at a high level. Their longevity is impressive!

I agree with Henry... I think Roddick’s game has gotten more balanced, which has led to him beating two top 5 players in grand slams in the last 6 months. First he beat Djokovic at the Aussie open (who was the defending champ), and now he's beaten Murray at Wimbledon. I don't think a serve alone is enough to accomplish that. I mean look at Karlovic, technically he's got a better serve that's harder to return than Andy's and you don't see him anywhere near a grand slam final.

I think everyone is expecting Federer to win, especially since he's already beaten Andy twice in the Wimbledon finals, and of course he's the greatest of all time. But it can't hurt to hope for an upset.

Come on O.F.F what happened to all the love for the underdog.

Old 5th July 2009 | Show parent
Deleted bd1be4f
Wow, another EPIC match for a second year in a row. I feel for Roddick, he deserved to win as much as Roger did. Amazing match.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
WOW… just fecking WOW!!!

The most amazing final I've see!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Amazing!!!

That was just unbelievable!!

I feel very bad for Andy; he gave it everything and still lost. What a crushing defeat!

Federer is a legend.

Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Amazing. I finally saw all of it. I really do feel bad for Andy. He played amazingly well. See Lute, I TOLD you! Andy has an all around game now. Federer barely squeaked that one. And yes, it goes without saying, he is a legend.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
What a final set, it was the length of a whole match
Andy's legs just betrayed him in the end. All back again next year no doubt Can Nadal fix his knees? Serious issue for him...........
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Felt like Roddick deserved to win today - I always go for Federer in terms of support but was a bit gutted today. He's making a nice comeback to tennis, hope he can sustain it, he's a great player too.
Deleted bd1be4f
Had Andy won just one of those set points in the second set, or one of the break points in the 5th, he'd most likely have had the trophy. Just shows how slim the margin is between sweet victory and bitter defeat.

I don't know what is more painful, to get blown off the court in 3 sets, or getting edged out in a 5 set marathon that you could have won but for 1 or 2 errant points. I have a feeling it's the latter, unfortunately for Andy. No doubt he'll be replaying those couple of points in his mind for a while...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yea that one volley he should have made to an open court will haunt him for a long time, was set point.

Last year's final was more tense though and arguably better tennis played. Today was serve tour de force which isn't always the most enjoyable for the spectators. Still a great game though.

Wimbledon get a retractable roof due to ye olde englishe weather and not a drop in 2 weeks ..
Deleted bd1be4f
Quote:
Originally Posted by rectifier ➡️

Wimbledon get a retractable roof due to ye olde englishe weather and not a drop in 2 weeks ..
Sort of a variation on Murphy's Law...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Sort of a variation on Murphy's Law...
That's exactly what Boris Becker said on the bbc commentary. heh
Old 6th July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Usually I do love an underdog but there were two things counting against Andy R. :
For some reason I never warmed to him or Hewitt and secondly he beat Andy M.!

I do have a very soft spot for Murray because he survived the Dunblane massacre as a child and, during his first Wimbledon while the football WC took place, his answer as to who he'd like to see to win it his answer was "I'm scottish so anybody but England!".
(This may not make much sense for people from outside UK.)

Somehow I think may be Murray would have had a better chance against Roger. He's got a winning record against him, Andy R has a loosing one. But grass is Murrays l;east favourite surface.

A stunning match though!!!!
Old 26th August 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
US Open time! It all starts August 31st.

I've got tickets for the round of 16...
Anybody else going?

Roger goes for 6 straight US Open titles... with new twin babies.
Can Murray make it back to the finals at the US?
Nadal is back!!!
Can Roddick win another US Open?
Will Verdasco, Tsonga, or Del Potro, finally emerge as contenders?

I've attached some pics I took at last years quarterfinals. It was an amazing NY night. All of these pics are from the Federer/Andreev match... it was a good one.
I threw in one of Djokovic at the end.

Attached Thumbnails
Tennis anyone?-052.jpg   Tennis anyone?-128.jpg   Tennis anyone?-130.jpg   Tennis anyone?-131.jpg   Tennis anyone?-133.jpg  

Tennis anyone?-137.jpg   Tennis anyone?-082.jpg   Tennis anyone?-109.jpg   Tennis anyone?-112.jpg   Tennis anyone?-071.jpg  

Old 26th August 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…