The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
in India!!!
Old 24th January 2008
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
in India!!!

I'm on the road to Ahmednagar from Pune in India, checking out GS on my blackberry...

How cool is that?!
Old 24th January 2008
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I'm listening to Rafi Shankar...
Old 24th January 2008
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by raal ➑️
How cool is that?!
Very!

thumbsup

Have a Massala Dosa for me!
Old 24th January 2008
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
...How cool is that?!
Sounds very.

I love their food.

Enjoy.
Old 24th January 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm at home sitting on my sofa watch Frasier surfing GS. Wanna stop places?
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Rock On, Raal! I love that sort of thing.

Drink a Kingfisher for me.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I would love to go to india. As far as food goes, I always thought it was a bad idea to eat the food there. Don't you get sick? Isn't it unsanitary. I'm sure I sound like an uncultured american right now. :-)
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleestack ➑️
I would love to go to india. As far as food goes, I always thought it was a bad idea to eat the food there. Don't you get sick? Isn't it unsanitary. I'm sure I sound like an uncultured american right now. :-)
A friend of mine got food poisoned in India. Eastern and western stomachs are developed different indeed.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleestack ➑️
It's the water that gets you. not the food.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingneeraj ➑️
It's the water that gets you. not the food.
Yeah. Drink beer.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Yep, watch the water, and make sure any bottled water has the original seal on it - not just a cap put back on. Eat idli's and drink Kingfisher, but don't buy the sandalwood incense from the street - it's crap on a stick with a drop of sandalwood oil on it to give the impression.

Have fun - be safe!

~Lerxst
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
I've been abroad several times i.e. South America. Strangest thing though, everytime I get to one of those countries and start eating the food I end up getting sick for a day, and crapping my guts out Then when I get home same thing: Sick, Crap, fine. I don't eat bad food on return. My culinary skills are excellent, I was trained by my mother for goodness sake, and she cooked 10 years for Don Felder What gives?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Lived in India for 7 years, drove that route in jeeps, trucks, buses and motorcycles.

Your post brings back fond memories.

Watch out for the bael gharries (buffalo carts).
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Starr ➑️
Lived in India for 7 years, drove that route in jeeps, trucks, buses and motorcycles.

Your post brings back fond memories.

Watch out for the bael gharries (buffalo carts).
And the autorickshaw's...heh

~Lerxst
Old 24th January 2008
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
I'm on the road to Ahmednagar from Pune in India, checking out GS on my blackberry...

How cool is that?!
Leaving the beach? Why???!!
Lives for gear

🎧 20 years
There's nothing like a great journey to get the creative juices flowing.
Old 25th January 2008 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Pune to Ahmednagar eh. Not exactly a traditional tourist route. Will I be seeing you at the MPR in Meherabad?
Old 25th January 2008
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:

How cool is that?!
Is it a gig... anything special you want to tell us??
Old 25th January 2008
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

How cool is that?!

The fact that you're "on the road to Ahmednagar from Pune in India---How cool is that?-----very!!
The fact that you're "on the road to Ahmednagar from Pune in India, glued to your blackberry---How cool is that?!----not very
The fact that you're "on the road to Ahmednagar from Pune in India, glued to your blackberry checking out GS---How cool is that?------cool is not the word that comes to mind------perhaps tragic?
Conclusion?-----A mind is a terrible thing to waste

enjoy your trip---be safe....peace "outside of the box"
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Eat food that is well cooked. Avoid raw veggies. Drink bottled and or boiled/filtered water. Or beer. Keep an open mind, but don't be a sap. You'll do great.

I spent years in West Africa... on the whole I was healthier than any similar length of time in the US.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
that's amazing....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That is so cool. I am in Dallas, not quite as exciting.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedloe ➑️
Pune to Ahmednagar eh. Not exactly a traditional tourist route. Will I be seeing you at the MPR in Meherabad?
ok jules that does it. the one place in the universe i thought I could get away from GS, but nooooOOOOOOOO! I run into jedloe and he says: 'were you the guy that posted on GS yesterday about going to nagar?'
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Make a stop at the Taj Mahal, its in Agra. Just breath taking. Then go up north to Punjab, and have my aunt make you some mali kofta. Then mail it to me.
Old 25th January 2008
Deleted c40a31f
Quote:

How cool is that?!

That is SUPER coo! Eat lot's of chicken and lamb tika for me and buy a top notch set of tablas to bring back!

Have a great but reasonably safe adventure!
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst ➑️
drink Kingfisher, ~Lerxst
yuck, the kingfisher there sucks. but there really aren't many other choices.

i love india, but man i got so sick there 2 years ago (and not from the food btw).
had to fly to a hospital in delhi from varanasi and spent a week on an IV with a fever, getting all kinds of tests trying to figure out what the crazy rash all over my body was and why my white blood cells were going haywire.

when they finally let me out, we went straight to goa and just chilled on the beach for 2 weeks...
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
i had a great time in India, hope you do too!!! My bro found a trumpet for $50 and I saw a real Givson!!! wish you the best.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by d. gauss ➑️
yuck, the kingfisher there sucks. but there really aren't many other choices.

i love india, but man i got so sick there 2 years ago (and not from the food btw).
had to fly to a hospital in delhi from varanasi and spent a week on an IV with a fever, getting all kinds of tests trying to figure out what the crazy rash all over my body was and why my white blood cells were going haywire.

when they finally let me out, we went straight to goa and just chilled on the beach for 2 weeks...
That's because you drank the kingfisher not the Kingfisher...heh If you don't like that, drink some Flying Horse.

You drank the one bottled from that famous river....heh

Watch out for those drunk truck drivers at night on those back roads! Give out lots of love to people if possible - there are many there who need it!

~Lerxst
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ox's Nard ➑️
I've been abroad several times i.e. South America. Strangest thing though, everytime I get to one of those countries and start eating the food I end up getting sick for a day, and crapping my guts out Then when I get home same thing: Sick, Crap, fine. I don't eat bad food on return. My culinary skills are excellent, I was trained by my mother for goodness sake, and she cooked 10 years for Don Felder What gives?
Your body gets accustomed to different bacteria and other crap after a while. I used to always get sick when I visited the US when I was living in Indonesia in the 80s.

Water and meats seem to be the riskiest things to consume when traveling. The concept of 'continual refrigeration' is a US concept, even in Europe people leave their eggs on the counter for a week. In many countries its not uncommon for raw, butchered meat to hand in the open air for a few days.

Stick to fresh fruits. Wash em before you open em. If you can afford it, eat in nice international hotels as opposed to stands off the street.

OK, you're in India, ya gotta enjoy some curry. Get it hot, if you aren't sweating by mid-meal it ain't hot enough.

Enjoy the wonderful people and culture that is India.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just got back.

What an extremely musical country.

Chennai to kerala to Munnar, and then a week in Hyderabad.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…