Quantcast
I'm going to become a British since end of November this year and looking for life in UK - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I'm going to become a British since end of November this year and looking for life in UK
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Red face I'm going to become a British since end of November this year and looking for life in UK

Hello every British folks here,

Now my flight schedules are confirmed, I'm going to land on Heathrow through Finland at 20th Nov. this year, with no return. I'm going to give up my Hong Kong nationality and start my new life in UK. Honestly, UK is one of the European countries I know the least, although I know, most things in UK like your telephone booths, post pillar boxes and cashes look similar to ours while I was very young in Hong Kong. Here are still the same double decker buses on our roads, same driving direction and same AC power type as current British ones, so relocating my gears doesn't have to change their plugs. We use whatsapp as well. But I know very least about UK especially the geography, transportation, people, and even laws. I know even much more about USA, Australia, Canada, France and Nordic than UK. I even know quite lot of American friends as well as Aussie and Canadians, but nearly can't found any British I can talk more to and ask more things. What I can do and what I can't do in UK, what I should do and what I should not do in UK? So I guess I should need both friends and helps in UK.

Besides I'm now preparing shipping all my household effects, DAW desk, instrument and gears inside my 16U flight case (I hope I could get over the British ToR application as well), first I have to settle my living place and first career down in UK first, especially I heard that influence my own credit your credit system while renting my home, creating my local UK bank account and any possible services which I've not seen in HK before. I guess job should be my first thing I have to look for in UK even more earlier than looking for my home. So where am I going to live should depend on my UK career, since I have no idea where to live inside UK yet.

I'm now working in a artistic movie with Anna Eriksson, and freelance employed by her. We had shot one time in Hong Kong, second time in Finland last December. And we are going to shoot in Finland again this Nov before I go to UK. But beside, I should have to get another career, better monthly, as my first in UK, at least until her (and my) first film festival (she said the first station is going to be Venice but I'm not too sure yet) and publish our movie. I'm going to try any front stage or backstage jobs if I ever have that change. I may try to ask since Matti Pyykko (her husband) said they will write recommendation letters for me when I wanna apply any related types of works. I don't know where will be my first possible work in UK. I'm trying to accept any types of work in UK if I have to. Sorry my English may not be as good as local British but I swear that I will try to learn and perfect my English as hard as I can. I heard there are quite a lot of English lessons which target Hongkongers and provided by your government (should say "our government" later maybe). I speak Cantonese and write Traditional Chinese words beside English, so I'm willing to teach Cantonese or apply for works which require knowing Cantonese and Chinese, or translate between them.

Of course I'm going to ship my all gears of my whole home studio to UK as well, including audio gears, interfaces, DAW computer system, desk, amplifiers, monitor speakers, headphones, microphones (one dynamic and one condenser with tube), cables, power gears and midi instrument, and even my shooting ring lights (first using my Note 20 Ultra as camera is quite acceptable I guess). So I'm going to be ready for building my own online channels, home studio, shootings and any multimedia self-employment works. But It will need a much quite long time for receiving them, setting them up again, and even parallel migration (from my hard drive to my 2 NVMe SSD) of all my sample based instrument libraries had just completed half of my full progress (I'd not that enough time to complete yet, since my old DAW gone in 2019, built my new in the summer of last year, prepared things for my first Finland trip, my Finland trip, my 21days compulsory quarantine after back Hong Kong thanks the freaking Carrie Lam that b***h, worse and worse in HK and consider to leave, then started preparing my BNO visa and things need to use in new UK home and international relocation shipment, looking for houses and career like I'm here now, no any time rest), and I gotta complete the rest. So I can work like this in future but that's still a quite long way to go, even I can't just make my living money immediately from my just started new online channel. I gotta make my own living with my other first career in UK.

I don't know if I can make some friends here or get any jobs here. I wish I have luck in UK. I wish for God's mercy. Good luck for you and me! God bless you and me!

Parco Lee.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

9 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
good luck! I think europe is a far better option though and you should seriously consider going to germany, holland, france or austria, all of them far better countries to live in.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by parco ➡️
most things in UK like your TARDISs...
There - fixed for you.

Good luck!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat ➡️
There - fixed for you.

Good luck!
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist ➡️
good luck! I think europe is a far better option though and you should seriously consider going to germany, holland, france or austria, all of them far better countries to live in.
of course I wish I could. I work for Anna Eriksson in Finland sometimes. But UK is the only western country now I'm allowed to live and work at this moment. I have no other choices, unless if you can make me become allowed to live in other European countries.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat ➡️
There - fixed for you.

Good luck!
lol I thought those are entrances to the The British Ministry of Magic Headquarter.....
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…