The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Thanks Steve Remote
Old 27th November 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Talking Thanks Steve Remote

Steve,
I wanted to thank you publicly in this forum for providing the best services ive seen in all my jaded years.

Your gear, attention to detail, and follow up are incredible.

This is very evident to me as i just got home from a location date with high end rental gear from every big name rental company, and Aura Sonic's stuff was the only gear not to cause a problem.

thanks again Steve.
Old 28th November 2002
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Re: Thanks Steve Remote

Quote:
Originally posted by Sofa King

Your gear, attention to detail, and follow up are incredible.
I must also admit that after every time visiting the Aura Sonic field shop, you find a better way to organize some way of your rig or gear....

stuff that makes you go hmmmm.....
Old 6th December 2002
Super Moderator

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Sean!

Thank you for your very kind words. We're happy to serve your needs.

What about the gig? Tell us about the teleproduction you just worked on at Benedum Center.

A pretty large input and track count. 72 channels of 4way active splitter, long cable runs, 72 tracks of RADAR with 80gig drives, KMS105 capsules on sennheiser wireless sticks. What was the console again?

Oh, and of course...

How did Aretha and the twenty plus other acts sound?

Thanks again...
Old 6th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Remoteness
Sean!

Thank you for your very kind words. We're happy to serve your needs.

What about the gig? Tell us about the teleproduction you just worked on at Benedum Center.

A pretty large input and track count. 72 channels of 4way active splitter, long cable runs, 72 tracks of RADAR with 80gig drives, KMS105 capsules on sennheiser wireless sticks. What was the console again?

Oh, and of course...

How did Aretha and the twenty plus other acts sound?

Thanks again...
Where do I begin?

OK, the truck with your split, the wireless, rental O2Rs and Radars, was 5 hours late getting to the date.
The nature of these shows is very very rushed, very little sound check time.

So the gear finally arrived, we started to set up our 4 O2Rs, 4 Radars, split etc etc.

Then the problems began.

Our Radar was fine, but the rental units were not seeing the TDIF I/O.
By the time we found this problem, the IZ tech support was closed.

We arrived Tuesday morning, show day, but IZ support would not be open until we were well into our scheduled 4 hour soundcheck of 28 acts.

I started making scenes in the O2Rs, still not knowing if we could get the rental units working.

Both Bill and Will from IZ called around 11:30, and we started sussing out the problem. These guys were absolutely priceless, tireless and brilliant in their assistance.

Fast forward, a few hours, and still not working.
Finally, they have my partner pop the lid of the rental unit, and here it was missing some internal jumper needed to make the TDIF card work!!!.

So luckily we have a great relationship with guys in the video truck and they had the jumper! My partner was walked through the process by the fabuoulus Will at IZ.
And about 3 hours before the doors open, we got all of our machines on line and recording.

The KMS105/sennheiser wireless sounded great. I wish there was more time between acts to pad or gain up the transmitters depending on the vocalist.

Your split was flawless and meticously labeled as usual.

The acts were great, they all truly seem to enjoy themselves.

Now comes the fun part, We have 3 weeks to back up, import to Pro Tools, fix, sweeted, mix and layback to video.

take care

Sean
Old 9th November 2006 | Show parent
Super Moderator

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Sean,

How's the teleproduction business going? Are you still using the 02Rs and such or have you updated your rental needs?
๐Ÿ“ Reply