Hardware Apple EarPods

Apple EarPods

http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/

Thoughts?
Old 12th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
They look good to me.
I was probably the only one on earth saying the old ones were very uncomfortable but also very good sounding headphones. I hope these will be as good but finally comfortable to wear.
Old 6th October 2012
Lives for gear

I always thought the originals were uncomfortable and sounded just horrible.

I've been really impressed by these, especially given the price. The ported design is very interesting and does help the sound quality - an interesting experiment is to plug one or both of the ports while you're listening to tunes.

And quite comfortable too.

..ant
Old 7th November 2012
GS Community Manager

Agreed, these are a HUGE step up in sound quality from the Apple earbuds of yore.

Actually, unless you're going to spend some relatively serious coin on IEM-type earphones, these are probably the best bang-for-buck that I've heard. At $30 they are pretty much a no-brainer and loseable/breakable/disposable without too many tears!
Old 12th November 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
well, i haven't tried the Apple Ear Buds they just announced. They certainly look much better than the original ones. But I went into another direction. I went for the Martin Logan Mikros 70's. Once broken in, nice deep rich bass. Smooth high end and very nice sounding. Very happy with them, with the exception of the price....
Old 3rd December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
But they keep falling out of your ear. The fit is awful! I wish there was a solution to this??
Old 28th February 2014
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Monoprice sells $8- earbuds which sound great. Need to make sure they seal well in the ear
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…