The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ATC founder and designer, Billy Woodman dies!
Old 13th August 2022
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
ATC founder and designer, Billy Woodman dies!

I'm so sad to hear about the passing of great Billy Woodman, the ATC founder. A true legend. RIP.

I wanted to share it as there must be so many ATC users here. I apologise in advance if this has been posted elsewhere.

https://atc.audio/2022/08/billy-woodman-1946-2022/
Old 13th August 2022
Lives for gear

Damn that sucks, last 3 days I was at a Sony camp and was producing and mixing on ATCs for the first time in my life, amazing speakers from an amazing founder, amazIng craftsmanship on their speakers. Was thinking of buying some for my studio.
Old 14th August 2022
Lives for gear

Rip
Old 14th August 2022
Lives for gear

Oh no - that is sad.

I was only just reading up about him after getting my ATC 25's.

A great engineer without doubt.
Old 14th August 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

9 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch ➡️
Damn that sucks, last 3 days I was at a Sony camp and was producing and mixing on ATCs for the first time in my life, amazing speakers from an amazing founder, amazIng craftsmanship on their speakers. Was thinking of buying some for my studio.
with the amount of BS and showing off you do about how much money you make from music you'll easily be able to afford them, maybe even get a second or third pair?
Old 14th August 2022
Lives for gear

9 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
RIP a very sad loss, I hope the company don't change its strong values or sell out.
Old 14th August 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist ➡️
with the amount of BS and showing off you do about how much money you make from music you'll easily be able to afford them, maybe even get a second or third pair?
I only need 1 pair! I could get 3 pairs yes what's your issue? Not because people can afford it that they need to spend everything they make.

Anyway I'm a huge fan of the speakers after this writing camp, every mix came out great.
Old 16th August 2022
I was sitting there reading a story about a celeb who recently passed and I was thinking "man, a lot of prominent people are passing all of a sudden". A few days later I saw a story about life insurance companies reporting a 40% increase in all cause, non-cv19 related deaths. Then today I am scrolling through Gearspace and I see this.

Sad

R.I.P.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…