The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RIP Olivia Newton John and Judith Durham (Seekers)
Old 10th August 2022
Gear Guru

RIP Olivia Newton John and Judith Durham (Seekers)

Two lovely ladies with extraordinarily lovely voices.

ONJ was neighbors with my first Love "Audrey".*

She and her Mom told me Olivia would always say "Hi" (or at least wave) when she passed them.
Going up a hill in Malibu.
Very nice.

And Judith Durham.
Another incredible Soprano, with the wonderful rest of the guys in The Seekers.
So modest of her amazing singing gift.

Huge sound out of a petite girl!
Loved them from a child, when I first heard their hits.

Will always be a fan of both-and The Seekers as a vocal group.
Chris
*Audrey's Aunt was Penny Singleton/original film Blondie in the 30's. Used to drive us around and
I'd get her to do "Jane Jetson". She was the voice!
Old 10th August 2022
Lives for gear

Although I never met Olivia Newton-John, I feel like I should know her since she provided so many great contributions to the soundtrack of my life.
Old 19th August 2022
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I saw Olivia live in 2020 at the Firefight concert performing with John Farnham. A really good performance. I was happy to see and hear both of them. Two Strong Hearts was great. The finale with the special version of You're The Voice is something I'll never forget either.

Judith had a distinctive 'wow' you know who that is kind of a voice - something very special there for sure. My parents took me to see The Seekers on a few occasions. Even if you aren't into folk pop it'd be hard to say they weren't quite something. My parents were also quite into Simon and Garkfunkle too, and given Paul Simon was involved with some Seekers songs I guess it's not surprising. There are some Seekers songs that just seem to bring a sense of happiness with them. Not sure how to explain that. I'm not really into folk pop personally either.

I felt sad to hear of these passings. A lot of good music left behind. They also seemed to be good people - not that I knew either of them personally.

The Carnival, sadly, really is over this time :(

Stratman
Old 19th August 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
R.I.P.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…