The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer DeepMind 12
Old 23rd May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by your milkshake ➡️
can you do something similar to this patch at 0:50 with the mod matrix on the DeepMind? like THX pitch sounds.

https://youtu.be/BKy7bHe5hgg
Yes. You can.
Old 23rd May 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
To get a THX type of sound, you can route the Voices mod source to Osc Frequencies in two mod slots. Then route an Envelope to control the intensity/depth of the Modulation for those mod slots...

The original THX sound had a lot of curated choices for where oscillators/voices started in terms of frequency, and where they would settle. So, will be hard to get anything exact with DM, but you can definitely get the general THX vibe.

This article has some more details about how voices mod source works: https://www.presetpatch.com/articles...inger-Deepmind

(article is more focused on vintage voice modeling, but gives some info on how voice mod values work)
Old 28th May 2022
Gear Maniac

Deepmind is sounding quite beautiful here I am tempted to buy one, there seems to be a real lovely rawness to it.

Old 29th May 2022
Gear Maniac

Well I picked a DM12D up. Headphone jack is very noisy and dirty you can even hear the fan being picked up through the headphones, but the main outs are good.

It sounds amazing, raw and natural like I hoped.

One question some patches like C-70 Evolution Pad plays by its own, why is it? I notice it doesn't even use up voices on the polyphony LEDs yet there is sound.
Old 2nd June 2022
Gear Nut

Deepmind USB + MIDI question: can anyone here confirm that the DM is able to merge its local data with the incoming USB data?

Seems to be the case that using the soft-thru options allows it. It would be very useful for me. (Not with my Deepmind at the moment to check it.)
Old 3rd June 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedgin ➡️
Deepmind is sounding quite beautiful here I am tempted to buy one, there seems to be a real lovely rawness to it.

Pulse is my favorite library. A must have! Pulse 2 is also the same quality of programming. I played some of his (and AnalogAudio1's) sounds on THIS video

Another library that uses a lot of Deepmind FX, but sounds great, is Cortex. I play those in THIS video

My fave 6:
PULSE (by MajorOSC)
CORTEX (by Luftrum)
PULSE 2 (by MajorOSC)
Deep Impressions (AnalogAudio1)
Classic Analog (AnalogAudio1)
R.A.P. (Robust American Patches)

That last one is the guy who did Tom's saw. Some thick sounds in that.

I have those sounds in both of my Deepminds, and they sound like monsters!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopicman ➡️
Pulse is my favorite library. A must have! Pulse 2 is also the same quality of programming. I played some of his (and AnalogAudio1's) sounds on THIS video

Another library that uses a lot of Deepmind FX, but sounds great, is Cortex. I play those in THIS video

My fave 6:
PULSE (by MajorOSC)
CORTEX (by Luftrum)
PULSE 2 (by MajorOSC)
Deep Impressions (AnalogAudio1)
Classic Analog (AnalogAudio1)
R.A.P. (Robust American Patches)

That last one is the guy who did Tom's saw. Some thick sounds in that.

I have those sounds in both of my Deepminds, and they sound like monsters!
Thanks Scoopicman! Glad you like the sounds. This made my morning a little brighter!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobustAmerican ➡️
Thanks Scoopicman! Glad you like the sounds. This made my morning a little brighter!
It's a very good library. When I heard Tom's Saw, in that HORROR EXPRESS video, I had to get this set. Really great bass sound in that video, too. I'm a sci-fi/horror geek, so I appreciate references to the FORBIDDEN PLANET ("Krell Play") and the like.
Big fan of old sci-fi here.

Tip: Playing/using the Krell patch is all about the wheels once you find a note or pitch you like. The pitchbend controls the lfo rates (nearly stops them all together) and the modwheel is pointed at the pm depth & vcf lfo. The demo didn't really do it justice. Try starting with the PB wheel all the way down and using the MW to create pitch sweeps and melodies. Good fun there.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopicman ➡️
It's a very good library. When I heard Tom's Saw, in that HORROR EXPRESS video, I had to get this set. Really great bass sound in that video, too. I'm a sci-fi/horror geek, so I appreciate references to the FORBIDDEN PLANET ("Krell Play") and the like.
Old 3rd June 2022
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
RAP and scoopic thx for introducing me to the movie domain - i had no idea it existed
@ Swedgin update the fw if you have not already
Old 3rd June 2022
Gear Maniac

I updated FW yesterday phones still horribly noisy can't be bothered sending it back though. Don't know if it is broke but headphones generally aren't as good as main outs in my experience.

I love this sounds lush, not got two DMs but doing stacking a Super 6 and the DM12 instead

Old 10th June 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

How to emulate the famous Jupiter 8 stereo unison mode on the Deepmind 12!

Quick Tutorial: How to emulate the famous Jupiter 8 stereo unison mode on the Deepmind 12!

https://youtube.com/shorts/tzO4-BtrxQU

The stereo unison mode on the Jupiter 8 is a legendary part of the thick and wide Jupiter 8 sound. What was special about this mode on the Jupiter is that it split the synth voices between the right and left stereo field (4 on each side), and the temperamental analog components then caused slight differences between the right and left sides in the envelopes, pitch, and other parameters, leading to an absolutely HUGE sound. This video demonstrates how to recreate this effect on the Deepmind 12 using nothing but clever synth programming.

If you want to play this exact patch, you can purchase my preset pack at a very reasonable price using this link: https://payhip.com/b/uz0D7

A demo of many of the other patches included in the pack can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi45lcTgP5U. The goal when creating the patch pack was to strike the perfect balance between creative sound design and making truly usable presets - emulating the Jupiter 8's unison mode is just one of many fun tricks used to craft unique and playable patches!
Gear Addict

new and free patches for the deepmind

70 new presets by Behringer for free available here

Old 10th June 2022
Gear Maniac

Link broken?
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedgin ➡️
Link broken?
nope - but the site needs a while to load
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Calling all you Deepmind12D/12 owners!

Help needed in deciding if I should trade up my recently acquired Argon8 for a Deepmind (desktop preferably).

I already own a Cobalt8 (and this might be the obvious choice for the trade but I truly love the sound of this over the Argon8) and even though I really like the Argon I think it's a bit too similar sounding to the Cobalt.

I think it's also essential with a smaller set-up of 'budget' hardware to get as much variety at your fingertips as possible.

It was always the plan initially to sell my Triton 61 key classic and fund a Deepmind 12 but ended up with the Cobalt8 (and then the Argon8).

However I still have the itch for some analogue to add to my modest set-up.

Funds may even stretch to a Korg Prologue 8 voice (though my preference is for a module hence the 12D reference).

It may sound like I have already made my mind up but got to say the Argon does produce some incredible sonic soundscapes and pads. It also looks terrific sat next to the Cobalt.

There is also the consideration I should at least keep it for 6 months before I go through the whole circus of advertising, selling and seeking out a suitable replacement for it.

Anyone with experience of the Argon and the Deepmind (or all three) that could give their 2 cents would be much appreciated.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
if you're happy you may as well stick and revisit later if it is still eating you

dm12 and DM12D are going nowhere - they will still be here in 6 mths - they will likely cost less too
📝 Reply