The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer DeepMind 12
Old 23rd May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by your milkshake ➡️
can you do something similar to this patch at 0:50 with the mod matrix on the DeepMind? like THX pitch sounds.

https://youtu.be/BKy7bHe5hgg
Yes. You can.
Old 23rd May 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
To get a THX type of sound, you can route the Voices mod source to Osc Frequencies in two mod slots. Then route an Envelope to control the intensity/depth of the Modulation for those mod slots...

The original THX sound had a lot of curated choices for where oscillators/voices started in terms of frequency, and where they would settle. So, will be hard to get anything exact with DM, but you can definitely get the general THX vibe.

This article has some more details about how voices mod source works: https://www.presetpatch.com/articles...inger-Deepmind

(article is more focused on vintage voice modeling, but gives some info on how voice mod values work)
Old 28th May 2022
Lives for gear

Deepmind is sounding quite beautiful here I am tempted to buy one, there seems to be a real lovely rawness to it.

Old 29th May 2022
Lives for gear

Well I picked a DM12D up. Headphone jack is very noisy and dirty you can even hear the fan being picked up through the headphones, but the main outs are good.

It sounds amazing, raw and natural like I hoped.

One question some patches like C-70 Evolution Pad plays by its own, why is it? I notice it doesn't even use up voices on the polyphony LEDs yet there is sound.
Old 2nd June 2022
Gear Nut

Deepmind USB + MIDI question: can anyone here confirm that the DM is able to merge its local data with the incoming USB data?

Seems to be the case that using the soft-thru options allows it. It would be very useful for me. (Not with my Deepmind at the moment to check it.)
Old 3rd June 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedgin ➡️
Deepmind is sounding quite beautiful here I am tempted to buy one, there seems to be a real lovely rawness to it.

Pulse is my favorite library. A must have! Pulse 2 is also the same quality of programming. I played some of his (and AnalogAudio1's) sounds on THIS video

Another library that uses a lot of Deepmind FX, but sounds great, is Cortex. I play those in THIS video

My fave 6:
PULSE (by MajorOSC)
CORTEX (by Luftrum)
PULSE 2 (by MajorOSC)
Deep Impressions (AnalogAudio1)
Classic Analog (AnalogAudio1)
R.A.P. (Robust American Patches)

That last one is the guy who did Tom's saw. Some thick sounds in that.

I have those sounds in both of my Deepminds, and they sound like monsters!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopicman ➡️
Pulse is my favorite library. A must have! Pulse 2 is also the same quality of programming. I played some of his (and AnalogAudio1's) sounds on THIS video

Another library that uses a lot of Deepmind FX, but sounds great, is Cortex. I play those in THIS video

My fave 6:
PULSE (by MajorOSC)
CORTEX (by Luftrum)
PULSE 2 (by MajorOSC)
Deep Impressions (AnalogAudio1)
Classic Analog (AnalogAudio1)
R.A.P. (Robust American Patches)

That last one is the guy who did Tom's saw. Some thick sounds in that.

I have those sounds in both of my Deepminds, and they sound like monsters!
Thanks Scoopicman! Glad you like the sounds. This made my morning a little brighter!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobustAmerican ➡️
Thanks Scoopicman! Glad you like the sounds. This made my morning a little brighter!
It's a very good library. When I heard Tom's Saw, in that HORROR EXPRESS video, I had to get this set. Really great bass sound in that video, too. I'm a sci-fi/horror geek, so I appreciate references to the FORBIDDEN PLANET ("Krell Play") and the like.
Lives for gear

Big fan of old sci-fi here.

Tip: Playing/using the Krell patch is all about the wheels once you find a note or pitch you like. The pitchbend controls the lfo rates (nearly stops them all together) and the modwheel is pointed at the pm depth & vcf lfo. The demo didn't really do it justice. Try starting with the PB wheel all the way down and using the MW to create pitch sweeps and melodies. Good fun there.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopicman ➡️
It's a very good library. When I heard Tom's Saw, in that HORROR EXPRESS video, I had to get this set. Really great bass sound in that video, too. I'm a sci-fi/horror geek, so I appreciate references to the FORBIDDEN PLANET ("Krell Play") and the like.
Old 3rd June 2022
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
RAP and scoopic thx for introducing me to the movie domain - i had no idea it existed
@ Swedgin update the fw if you have not already
Old 3rd June 2022
Lives for gear

I updated FW yesterday phones still horribly noisy can't be bothered sending it back though. Don't know if it is broke but headphones generally aren't as good as main outs in my experience.

I love this sounds lush, not got two DMs but doing stacking a Super 6 and the DM12 instead

Old 10th June 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

How to emulate the famous Jupiter 8 stereo unison mode on the Deepmind 12!

Quick Tutorial: How to emulate the famous Jupiter 8 stereo unison mode on the Deepmind 12!

https://youtube.com/shorts/tzO4-BtrxQU

The stereo unison mode on the Jupiter 8 is a legendary part of the thick and wide Jupiter 8 sound. What was special about this mode on the Jupiter is that it split the synth voices between the right and left stereo field (4 on each side), and the temperamental analog components then caused slight differences between the right and left sides in the envelopes, pitch, and other parameters, leading to an absolutely HUGE sound. This video demonstrates how to recreate this effect on the Deepmind 12 using nothing but clever synth programming.

If you want to play this exact patch, you can purchase my preset pack at a very reasonable price using this link: https://payhip.com/b/uz0D7

A demo of many of the other patches included in the pack can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi45lcTgP5U. The goal when creating the patch pack was to strike the perfect balance between creative sound design and making truly usable presets - emulating the Jupiter 8's unison mode is just one of many fun tricks used to craft unique and playable patches!
Lives for gear

new and free patches for the deepmind

70 new presets by Behringer for free available here

Old 10th June 2022
Lives for gear

Link broken?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedgin ➡️
Link broken?
nope - but the site needs a while to load
Old 21st July 2022
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
if you're happy you may as well stick and revisit later if it is still eating you

dm12 and DM12D are going nowhere - they will still be here in 6 mths - they will likely cost less too
Old 13th August 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Does anyone have any tips for keeping the ipad app working for more than a few seconds or a minute at a time.

I know I'm basically doing it right as I can connect and change patches or other settings for a short time, anything from 20s to about 2mins max before it just stops doing anything. It still shows as connected but patch change or edit stops working and if I try to disconnect and reconnect at this point it can't connect and I have to faff around for another 5 mins restarting everything before I get another 30 seconds of use.

I literally purchased a refurbished ipad just for this having moved my DM12D to a rack as I needed the deskspace. Really hope this wasn't a complete waste of money.

App is 1.05, IOS is 15.6 (6th Gen iPad), using access point, have tried different device ids.

Thanks
Old 15th August 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well to partially answer my own question.

After further testing I realised the app ran better when the DAW was not open for auditioning with the keyboard
I looked at the USB settings and disabled nrpn and patch change over usb and it's almost workable now.
wi-fi still tends to cut out but unlike before , it's obvious what has happened and I can usually reconnect immediately,
Have ordered a bracket to fix it in place as near the deepmind as I can work it so hopefully this will help keep it connected.
Old 23rd August 2022
Lives for gear
I just opened up my DM12D and tightened the screws on the PCB's.
My unit has never been particularly noisy, but you can see small peaks at 6k and 12k on a spectrum analyzer and you can hear it if you turn up the gain really high (much higher than under normal use). The screws already felt tight, and they also had what looked like Loctite applied to them. However I still tightened them a bit more and indeed the unit is now even quieter than before. I can no longer even pick out the peaks, even though they're still slightly visible on a spectrum analyzer. Maybe debris or tiny amounts of oxidation builds up where the screws ground the PCB and is removed when you tighten the screws?
Old 7th September 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The Deepmind sounds great to me from the YouTube videos I have seen. Many of the pads actually remind me of my JX-8P. However, I haven't heard any good synth string patches (I heard a decent Solina emulation from the Deepmind, but that's not what I am talking about) and definitely none as good as the string patches on the JX.
Does anyone have any good examples of string sounds from the Deepmind, preferably without tons of chorus, delay, and reverb?

Last edited by Squeegee 303; 24th October 2022 at 09:25 PM..
Old 24th October 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Guys need help with setup deepmind12d to work in daw and software app same time. If in Ableton i put DM as external instrument, it is not connecting to app, and vise versa. So if im in Ableton i cannot use app, if im in app i can not get any sound from it, as my midi keyboard connect through Ableton.
My routing simple -
midi keyboard connect via usb to laptop
DM connected via usb to
audio interface (minifuse 2), and then via usb to laptop.

Maybe i need also connect DM and minifuse with midi cable? Or setup something in deepmind connectivity settings?
Old 24th October 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablll ➡️
Guys need help with setup deepmind12d to work in daw and software app same time.
How to use Software Editors and DAWs at the same time
Old 24th October 2022
NatLife Sounds

🎧 5 years
We have released a Behringer DeepMind sounds with a 30% Off Until November 1st - https://www.natlifesounds.com/produc...nger-deepmind/
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Free stuff from Behringer for the Deepmind 12

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
A nice surprise. Thanks, Behringer.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse ➡️
Free stuff from Behringer for the Deepmind 12

Wow. I thought Behringer forgot the DM even existed.
Gear Addict

5 years in, still love mine.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse ➡️
Wow. I thought Behringer forgot the DM even existed.
In my studio it's a real workhorse.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

great synth, great value
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Can anyone tell me if the DM12 sounds better with a multi coloured Juno overlay on?

Just wondering whether it brings the best out of the filter ICs
📝 Reply