The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer DeepMind 12
Old 13th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlist1972 ➡️
Depends. You're thinking of free-running VCO analogs.

A DCO analog synth can share a common clock across all voices, thereby keeping everything in phase.

Pete
Yeah, my fault for not mentioning exceptions like string machines (any of them with unison ?).

BTW I just tried the "osc restart, then drift away" unison with 16 voices... Sounds friggin awesome.
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

23 minutes of ambient music, tweaking knobs and playing with the fantastic arpeggiator & mod sequencer.
Old 13th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt ➡️
Yeah, my fault for not mentioning exceptions like string machines (any of them with unison ?).

BTW I just tried the "osc restart, then drift away" unison with 16 voices... Sounds friggin awesome.
Sorry, my bad.

What I meant was that some other synths unison just sounds stacked & louder, but the dm unison patches I noticed have a nice sheen in the resonance, a bit like how Oberheim res sounds in chords.

But im not sure if it is also FX on there, like clever chorus making it stand out from other synths.

Does that make sense?
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

So, I don't know if anyone of you have done this yet but I had to see how far into Moog county I could go with it...

Here's two bass sounds and two very short licks. This will be better with EQing and so on & soundcloud have probably ruined them a little as well.

But to get the idea;

Old 13th April 2017

🎧 15 years
will there be a rack version?

i hope behringer will think about real studios with 19" racks and will not release another desktop toy format...
Old 14th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrisizer ➡️

I hope behringer will think about real studios with 19" racks and will not release another desktop toy format...
I always found rack synths to be a pain to physically work with.... both literally and figuratively with my bad back. Wouldn't a tabletop version be better suited for synths with knobs that beg to be used?
Old 14th April 2017

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Update: I have finally now been able to order this synth here in Australia. I've been told it should arrive in early May.
Old 14th April 2017
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Nice work Bitley..
Old 14th April 2017
Deleted 153c85c
We are very excited to officially launch two new synthesizers at SuperBooth in Berlin.

Uli
Old 14th April 2017
Lives for gear

Oh that is wonderful & exciting news!

Fiddle: thank you. Not quite there yet really but the second patch there is really fun to play. Honestly took me years to understand & figure out how that "Whitney Houston" octave sweep is done properly. Might have been easier if I'd tried it on a mini. But I am all for trying to maximize the functionality of the tools you have. The mission was to create some bass sounds and I must say the DM really has impressed me. The sounds I got out of it tonight makes me more destined to try really nailing some minimoog sounds. With patches like that you really play the instrument in a different way.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer ➡️
We are very excited to officially launch two new synthesizers at SuperBooth in Berlin.

Uli
Superbooth is going to be awesome this year then...
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Uli
If you keep doing synths like this I might end up with only Behringer synths in my setup!

Well done Behringer and Midas, need to give you all good cred for this one!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

i hope behringer will think about real studios with 19" racks and will not release another desktop toy format...
Well just because a synth is in a desktop format doesn't mean its a 'toy' I've had many desktop synths over the past 40 years that definately were not 'toys' lol. However I personally would like to see the 19" rackmount format come back in popularity as I've just plum run out of horizontal space, but have plenty of rack space left around the studio.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 ➡️
I always found rack synths to be a pain to physically work with.... both literally and figuratively with my bad back. Wouldn't a tabletop version be better suited for synths with knobs that beg to be used?
Maybe ..... The way I've gotten around working on my rack mount synths without jacking my back up is to put the most used synths in the racks so I can rotate knobs and push buttons with my elbow resting on the arm of my office chair. My only problem with desktop units now and back in the day is where to put em, thus I've always elected for rack mount synths when possible.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru ➡️
Some of the earlier demos showed a really nice unison. Rather than it being perfectly in phase & just louder it kinda glistened beautifully, like gold. Anyone have any good examples of this?

i'm hoping it was the unison and not any effects
Yeah, I posted two of those, using Unison. No FX were on when I did that.

Go to the 3:40 mark of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZC3T1lP9YA

I also did the detuned unison saw at the 4:40 mark of this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4F8rQ0CAtU
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Uli
great stuff, looking forward to seeing/hearing them.

GEOSynths - fresh, new sounds for DSI OB6 & DeepMind 12
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 ➡️
I like my hardware to have upright user interfaces.
If they are lying flat on my desk (or even not totally flat on a synth rack), then i need to slightly bend over them to see/reach everything and after some time my lower back and neck start to hurt...

BTW about the DM12 rack/desktop... I kinda lost interest - too much time passed since the initial "WOW! I must have it if it can come without a keyboard." phase.

Sorry Behringer, 1 or 2 lost sales here.
Maybe next time it would be wise to make your techs work on all keyboard/desktop/rack versions right from the start.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Uli
Moog D and DeepMind 12 desktop? Or another surprise? Hmmm..it's only a 6 hour drive...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Uli

What are they?

It's OK to leak it here. No one will say anything.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gj67 ➡️
Moog D and DeepMind 12 desktop? Or another surprise? Hmmm..it's only a 6 hour drive...
hopefully the DM12 rack/desktop won't count as a new synth at this point, and we get an announcement of something else new insead!
Old 14th April 2017

🎧 10 years
Almost like the company is saying don't pull the trigger because new ones are coming down the pipeline continually. Thus, I might never buy one of them at all because leaked info. on even better stuff coming along makes you hesitate.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I will be there on Thursday. Behrimoog & something CEM based ? OBXa?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopotato ➡️
Like I said elsewhere, that kind of "confirmation" only belongs on Fox news.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy ➡️
Like I said elsewhere, that kind of "confirmation" only belongs on Fox news.
Alright then if this D has the mojo, I can pop it in a book bag and leave my other stuff at home. I guess that crap does only cost 200, go figure

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Uli
Great news. Let me guess:

1) Model D - Behringer version with VERY convincing sound

2) Drumsynth OR a SEM type Synth
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looping Loddar ➡️
Great news. Let me guess:

1) Model D - Behringer version with VERY convincing sound

2) Drumsynth OR a SEM type Synth
Or the premiere of the UB2
Old 15th April 2017 | Show parent
Quote:
Or the premiere of the UB2
What is the UB2? I don't remember... curious!
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayersweb ➡️
What is the UB2? I don't remember... curious!
Ulli's very first synth was called UB1
https://www.music-group.com/brand/be.../ourstory/1977
Deleted b598644
Quote:

so only real studios have 19" racks and all desktop synths are toys?

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

Oh yeah because that would make great business sense.

Studios were already a small market which is increasingly diminishing, and the rise of the home studio means desktop is the obvious choice, especially for a blockbuster synth like the DM12 has been.

When was the last rack only synth released? I can't think of one for a long time, at least not one that didn't double as a desktop. Quite a few desktop synths can be fitted in a 19" rack anyway, like this one, so what are you complaining about?

Calling desktops synths 'toys' is naive anyway tbh. Are they still 'toys' if they can be rack mounted? Or are you a hardcore 19" 1U, 1x tiny LCD and 4 pots and 4 buttons kind of guy?
📝 Reply