Arturia Audiofuse Audio Interface

NAMM 2015: Arturia Audiofuse Advanced Audio Interface | DA-X News

No line ins or outs?
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone ➑️
Maybe the usb's can be connected to a ADAT style inputs/outputs set... plus it already has ADAT
Old 22nd January 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGi_TaL ➑️
Maybe the usb's can be connected to a ADAT style inputs/outputs set... plus it already has ADAT
hopefully we will get some more details soon
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Official info out:

Arturia - Overview

Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
well well well, it looks pretty damn awesome if you ask me.

Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
It's cool but not $599 cool. I think they're wrong on the price.
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Actually it seems very good for connectivity, I wouldn't trust arturia drivers for using it as my main interface but I could use its connectivity with my RME to expand MIDI and audio inputs.

If it is class compliant it would be a hit for iPad.

Last edited by login; 22nd January 2015 at 05:30 PM..
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Already in love with my new Audient ID 22 though. I wished they delivered a Poly for us this year...
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
looks like a hit if looking for a 2 channel interface. But it doesn't address the whole midi timing thing with external gear like I hoped it would. I guess the only solution is still those units (Gen Sync, Acme, etc) that use audio outputs for locking clock. Anyway , looks like a good direct competitor for higher end 2 channel interfaces. With Phono In, it really does include everything.
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
hehe well I didn't think they would but obviously I was wrong
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by login ➑️
Actually it seems very good for connectivity, I would trust arturia drivers for using it as my main interface but I could use its connectivity with my RME to expand MIDI and audio inputs.

If it is class compliant it would be a hit for iPad.
It is class compilant but I'd rather go for an Apogee Duet for that kind of money, but that may be just me.
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It comes with a cover! Now I get it
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Seriously no other interface at that price offer that kind of connectivity, maybe the Motu track 16 but it lacks some things.

The duet might sound better but no MIDI, no hubs, not even close on inputs.

I don't trust arturia at all and I wont use it as a main interface but as an expansion for my main, also it is nice having access to some controls in the desktop while the main interface is on a rack.

And the uSB ports come handy when using it for a portable set up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockreid ➑️
looks like a hit if looking for a 2 channel interface..., looks like a good direct competitor for higher end 2 channel interfaces. With Phono In, it really does include everything.
Why would a 14x14 interface with four analog ins/outs be a hit for those wanting two channels?
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Not much else in that size/price with adat, is there? Could be nice for a small live interface for an Expert Sleepers rig.
Old 22nd January 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm having a hard time understanding their previous presentation rhetoric regarding "eliminating the octopus of wires" associated with interfaces. I think the amount of i/o on this is cool, but if anything this has the potential to be the most octopus-like piece of equipment ever conceived.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdafunk ➑️
Already in love with my new Audient ID 22 though. I wished they delivered a Poly for us this year...
yeah I was gonna say - audient basically do all this with their hgihly rated ID22...and I know who Id pick out of them and arturia...
Old 22nd January 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
looks cool! specs?

dynamic range=?
dbfs @ +4dbu= ?
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Consideriing the hype which was rolled out this really doesn't bring anything new or remarkable to the table. I think you could get more connectivity from an old RME Hamerfall + Iconnectmidi interface and save alot of cash.

Revolutionary device, lol! Cables gone, I don't think so, what were they on about in their presentations?

Lets see how their drivers perform too....baited breath
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If they got the price under $400 it would have been revolutionary, otherwise it's just too steep for most cases, maybe it's perfect for a professional gigging modern musician on the road but most producers just need something small in their studios.
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This is the first consumer prices audio interface that talks about clock hitter that I know of
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Clock jitter
Old 24th January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
From personal experience, I wouldnt trust or buy anything from Arturia..EVER!
Old 24th January 2015
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
No Thunderbolt..??
Old 24th January 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz ➑️
No Thunderbolt..??
Why there would be Thunderbolt?

Audio is so miniscule in size.. like 192khz/24bit audio is what? A half a megabyte per second? So I don't see any use for thunderbolt (unless you've like 40 inputs..).. Besides I'd say that Thunderbolt will be obsolete faster than USB will.

Anyway, educate me if you've better information?

About the Audiofuse.. I suppose target consumer for this product is a DJ or a modern producer and for those I suppose this is pretty good deal, with a USB-hub, phono-in and all.. And I'm pretty sure those aren't as concerned about tech specs as some of us are.. Btw, what's the deal with miniplug MIDI-jacks? I don't think I've seen those before and I don't think I've seen an gnd-jack in an interface before..

Last edited by Teofunk; 24th January 2015 at 04:01 PM..
Old 24th January 2015
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
you sound like you work for Arturia..??

the ground would be for the turntable no..??
Old 24th January 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teofunk ➑️
Btw, what's the deal with miniplug MIDI-jacks? I don't think I've seen those before and I don't think I've seen an gnd-jack in an interface before..
The E-mu 1212m has similar midi connections. Or was it the daughter card 1010? Anyway, it's just an adapter. I think they went for this connection because it's small enough so they can pack it in together with the numerous I/O. The ground is for an analog turntable. It's great that the phono connection is switchable between line or phono (RIAA).
I'm very interested in this interface. I think it's a fair price especially for the amount and types of I/O you'll get for this. I have not seen an audio interface with Adat, wordclock, phono ins, in a portable form factor. And i'm glad it is USB. I think thunderbolt alienates the PC users greatly.
Old 25th January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sounds like a few people haven't heard of RME interfaces: Fireface, BabyFace ect... They have all this bar the phono which is irrelevant really since phono to 1/4" cables have been around for a long time. And don't most DJ's who use analog turntables usually prefer to use a mixer which will take care of the grounding? I know I did.

I just think that Arturia's hype for this product was ridiculous. They were cheeky enough to insult some of the most respected companies in the market and the claims they made leading up to release were unfounded nonsense.

I would seriously reccomend to anyone considering these to at least wait for some solid feedback on how their drivers perform in the real world before making the purchase. It is Arturia after all.

No amount of "velvet lining" will convince me this is revolutionary.
Old 25th January 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen tanned ➑️
Sounds like a few people haven't heard of RME interfaces: Fireface, BabyFace ect... They have all this bar the phono which is irrelevant really since phono to 1/4" cables have been around for a long time. And don't most DJ's who use analog turntables usually prefer to use a mixer which will take care of the grounding? I know I did.

I just think that Arturia's hype for this product was ridiculous. They were cheeky enough to insult some of the most respected companies in the market and the claims they made leading up to release were unfounded nonsense.

I would seriously reccomend to anyone considering these to at least wait for some solid feedback on how their drivers perform in the real world before making the purchase. It is Arturia after all.

No amount of "velvet lining" will convince me this is revolutionary.
I wouldn't call turntable phono inputs irrelevant especially if you count the vinyl purists and needledroppers. Yes, you can use phono to 1/4 cables but that means you're gonna need either a mixer, an old receiver with turntable inputs, or a third party RIAA preamp going to the 1/4 line inputs of your audio interface. What if you just want to connect your turntable straight to the interface? A DJ mixer is ok for quick sampling but imo doesn't really give you the best signal for archiving vinyl. Of course that remains to be seen (or heard) whether Arturia's RIAA equalization is better than a third party one.

I agree, the hype they built for this product was quite over the top. But i feel they were true to their marketing when you consider the connectivity on these things. Oh and btw, i have not seen any RME product that is less than $700. I know you're paying for quality, but quite expensive for a regular consumer don't you think?
Old 25th January 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieP ➑️
I wouldn't call turntable phono inputs irrelevant especially if you count the vinyl purists and needledroppers. Yes, you can use phono to 1/4 cables but that means you're gonna need either a mixer, an old receiver with turntable inputs, or a third party RIAA preamp going to the 1/4 line inputs of your audio interface. What if you just want to connect your turntable straight to the interface? A DJ mixer is ok for quick sampling but imo doesn't really give you the best signal for archiving vinyl. Of course that remains to be seen (or heard) whether Arturia's RIAA equalization is better than a third party one.

I agree, the hype they built for this product was quite over the top. But i feel they were true to their marketing when you consider the connectivity on these things. Oh and btw, i have not seen any RME product that is less than $700. I know you're paying for quality, but quite expensive for a regular consumer don't you think?
This is 500, isn't it all about the sound quality, I would get a Duet over this and by a mixer.
πŸ“ Reply