The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Komplete 10 and "new" Kontrol S keyboards from Native Instruments soon???
Old 12th October 2014 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpulyn ➑️
I dont have the Komplete Keyboard YET but for reference and for anton.a1 and Ashiyawolf if they would be interested, do you mean these instructions ?

Setting Up Ableton Live for KOMPLETE KONTROL | Knowledge Base | Support
Those are the instructions that I used. I did get the lights to work in Native mode with Ableton, but my understanding was that you wanted them to work in midi mode, which I can't get to work.

As far as using the instrument rack vs. the plugin, I can't tell the difference, they look and act the same from what I can see.
Old 12th October 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
If you're using the plugin and switch between instances, the S-keyboard will not update itself when you switch to another instance. This only works with the instrument rack.
Old 13th October 2014

🎧 10 years
Ok so after some testing ive got confirmation through PM from Ashiyawolf as well... he managed to setup Ableton so that incoming notes trigger LEDs on KONTROL KEYBOARD

Ashiyawolf wrote in PM: I can verify that in it's regular mode that the keys light up from the midi notes in Ableton.

thanks Vathek and Ashiyawolf for going through the testing...

case closed... iam buying the KONTROL KEYBOARD very soon thanks to both of you guys... gearslutz rules...

btw. the NI pre-sales support didnt reply at all

cheers
Old 13th October 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by coven ➑️
Komplete still works with 10.7. When companies say they're dropping support for an older OS, that just means that they will no longer provide support for that particular OS if you need help, not that their products suddenly no longer work with that OS.
Ok thanks. Didn't do the update as they don't say what it means. So it works in this version but not maybe in next.
Old 15th October 2014 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Does anyone why I'm only getting full editing of instruments on my PC, but limited editing option on my Mac when using the Kobtrol software? This is strange to me!

And the picture is upside down for some reason...
Attached Thumbnails
Komplete 10 and "new" Kontrol S keyboards from Native Instruments soon???-image_4120.jpg  
Old 15th October 2014 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Never mind I found the button!!!
Old 17th October 2014

🎧 5 years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLuonmpN3A0

I did a hands on with the board
Old 20th October 2014 | Show parent

🎧 5 years

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlongz ➑️
I wonder about this when not using NI software. I'm only proficient in 4 keys. :(
Well sad to say, I have the s61 now and it does not offer transpose out to any daw, I hope they fix this, would be simple to press both transpose buttons at once and the turn the dial up or down.

It does work fine using scale mode with kk software, just chose chromatic and easy mode and change keys
Old 22nd October 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
the worst. i'm sorry, but it was really the worst vid i've ever seen

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix ➑️
Yup horrible!!! That's why I gave him a fat ole facepalm, it was well deserved too!!!

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtray187 ➑️
Well sad to say, I have the s61 now and it does not offer transpose out to any daw, I hope they fix this, would be simple to press both transpose buttons at once and the turn the dial up or down.

It does work fine using scale mode with kk software, just chose chromatic and easy mode and change keys
glitches and oversights aside, are you feeling the software and keyboard bring value to your creative process?
Old 22nd October 2014

🎧 5 years
Did any of you decide to return the kontrol S?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz ➑️
LMAO!

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton.a1 ➑️
glitches and oversights aside, are you feeling the software and keyboard bring value to your creative process?
what glitches?

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodicmusic ➑️
Did any of you decide to return the kontrol S?
I'm loving Komplete 10 Ultimate so much that it has me wanting this keyboard because of the mapping. I use Komplete most of the time by choice anyway. What I love about Komplete is the sound quality and the fact that I can take my projects from machine to machine and they all load up the same.
Old 23rd October 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix ➑️
Hahahaha. That comment made me laugh. Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2014 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
what glitches?
my bad...what I meant to say is: "apart from it not doing some stuff that we'd love it to do...."
Old 24th October 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the upgrade value from komplete 9 ultimate to 10 ultimate has lowered; 3 more reaktor synths and some more pianos? I don`t feel like upgrading for 400 euros...
Old 24th October 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragletrollet ➑️
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the upgrade value from komplete 9 ultimate to 10 ultimate has lowered; 3 more reaktor synths and some more pianos? I don`t feel like upgrading for 400 euros...
From 9 Ultimate to 10 Ultimate you get 14 additional products with a combined sticker price of $1955 USD if you paid for them separately- so strictly economically speaking, I don't think $400 USD for the upgrade is that bad. And some places offer discounts anyway... I got mine for around $350 at JRRShop.

I was happy to get Action Strikes and Session Horns Pro in the K10U update, and those things are $299 apiece if you buy them individually.

If you don't think you're actually going to use many of those 14 products, then it might not be worth the price to you. But each of us has different creative needs. In my case, there were quite a few new things in the K9U->K10U jump that I was really looking forward to, so the upgrade saved me money that I would have spent otherwise if I had to get each thing I wanted individually.

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yea I agree with you, I'm coming from K8U to K10U so it was a good move for me. I actually skipped K9 for the very same reason.

Unless you really need a newly included instrument, I think every other update is more practical.

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the upgrade value from komplete 9 ultimate to 10 ultimate has lowered; 3 more reaktor synths and some more pianos?
No, those are not the only additions at all. That would be ridiculous.
Old 25th October 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Hey thanks for the chart, enlightening. I think I`m just lusting for Molekular and Rounds tough, so guess I will skip it or get in at black friday or something.

I waited until Komplete 9 until upgrading from Komplete 5... so I guess I`m back in the "happy with my software selection" mode
Old 25th October 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Hey thanks for the chart, enlightening. I think I`m just lusting for Molekular and Rounds tough, so guess I will skip it or get in at black friday or something.

I waited until Komplete 9 until upgrading from Komplete 5... so I guess I`m back in the "happy with my software selection" mode
Old 26th October 2014

🎧 5 years
will the crows enjoy it though?
Old 1st November 2014

🎧 5 years
It's Halloween, and I'm declaring this thread officially DEAD
Old 1st November 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
R.I.P. hopefully never to return
Old 1st November 2014 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
But we still want to talk about Komplete 9 like 10 isn't out..
Old 15th November 2014 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
I ended up getting the Alesis VI61, it has the same quality keys as the K series(I tried them both in Guitar Center). It came with Air Xpand!2 which is awesome and it was only $279 usd with drum pads.
πŸ“ Reply