Quantcast
Any electronic Slutz in or near Lubbock, TX? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any electronic Slutz in or near Lubbock, TX?
Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Any electronic Slutz in or near Lubbock, TX?

So my good buddy moved to Lubbock, TX. He moved for personal/family reasons unrelated to music. By all appearances it is a musical and cultural wasteland. He's been making electronic music a long time-trance and techno mostly.
I just wanted to post here to see if anyone here is from Lubbock or anywhere near there, or if anyone knew about anything remotely cool (clubs/record stores/gear stores) for electronic musicians to check out.
He's actually walking distance to a Guitar Center, so it's not quite like-

But is there anybody out there?
Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Cult of the dead cow seems pretty techno.

cultdeadcow.com
Old 22nd July 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
big D here (how appropriate that the waving smiley is h o w d y)

I should specify that it's not really close to Lubbock .. but for all intents and purposes, in a global forum, we're neighbors
Old 31st July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
In Texas, Lubbock is notorious as a place where good musicians come from. As in, they've all managed to escape Lubbock and go somewhere else. Still that means there should be a few folks there who haven't yet made the jump....
Old 31st July 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I live west of Austin and no shortage of musicians here
Old 31st July 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I am from the Lubbock area, although I live in El Paso now. I have family and friends around Lubbock that I go visit occasionally. As far as the music scene, to my knowledge it is mostly country and country-rock, with a bit of tex-mex. I don't know of any electronic music in the area. However, I haven't been a part of the music scene there for close to 20 years.
Old 31st July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
There's a good club/sport's bar there called Jakes. My Austin goth/punk band plays there occasionally. The owner is super cool and I'm sure he would be down for electronic shows. They're pretty open minded there.
Old 31st July 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufuss Sewell ➑️
There's a good club/sport's bar there called Jakes. My Austin goth/punk band plays there occasionally. The owner is super cool and I'm sure he would be down for electronic shows. They're pretty open minded there.
Nailed it. Exactly what he would be looking for. Thanks a lot.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…