The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Modal 002
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 ➡️
Here are 2 banks from me (126 patches) Many of the patches are just slight changes from the factory, and some I spend a bit more time on, but regardless hopefully someone will get some use from them.

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free
These too! You can never have too many sounds!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigdagod ➡️
I just purchased a 002. I've been wanting one since I heard about it many years ago. It's a lovely sounding synth. Does anyone still have these patches available?
Here you go. See if this works
Attached Files
File Type: zip 002 patches.zip (45.6 KB, 18 views)
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by donato ➡️
Here you go. See if this works
Thank you! Can't wait to get home and go through them
Old 4th December 2020
Pip
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It appears that the files stored on tiny upload site have all expired and can’t be downloaded - anybody had success?
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwb ➡️
OK, I've started to develop serious GAS for this big, oddball, white, awesome-sounding synth. And it's stupidly expensive, so I want it even more. But I can't find it! None of the big stores are selling them, as others have attested. I've asked a few if they can order it, and I'm getting lots of impolite 'no's, as if nobody wants to deal with this thing. I'm in the EU (Netherlands) - does anyone have any suggestions?
Hi!

Was just checking prices of some gear and out of curiosity I checked Modal 002 and found one unit for sale in Spain on Reverb. Price seems good. And I remembered about your post, hence quick heads up.

Cheers!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigdagod ➡️
These too! You can never have too many sounds!
I hope some of them are useful.
Old 5th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 ➡️
I hope some of them are useful.
Sorry I should have finished my thought, I was too excited. Is it possible to upload them again? The links have expired.
Old 5th December 2020
Pip
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Had a jarre sounding edit on the 002 today fantastic.
Old 1st March 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Nicely priced 002 up on Reverb in the UK today. Think I paid that much for my 8-voice rack.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hi everyone. I had a screen mishap with my unit and it gave me an opportunity to check out the "guts" of my 002r. I thought you guys might want to have a look inside!

Also, there's more about my screen situation in the other thread here: 4 Months with the Modal 002 & 008 - My impressions

Note, this unit is available for sale (details in link above)
Attached Thumbnails
Modal 002-img_8841.jpg   Modal 002-img_8837.jpg   Modal 002-img_8836.jpg   Modal 002-img_8835.jpg   Modal 002-img_8839.jpg  

Modal 002-unnamed.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I sold my 002 through Reverb (basically out of fear that if anything happened, I wouldn't be able to fix it). It got shipped to Japan... and of course it got damaged. Fortunately I used Reverb safe shipping. But getting it repaired has been miserable. I am just so disappointed in Modal as a company. They put all this effort into two amazing instruments... and then just gave up on them before their full potential was even realized man. I wish they would let someone take it on. I really want to revisit an 008, but I am terrified of not being able to maintain it.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hi everyone. I had a screen mishap with my unit and it gave me an opportunity to check out the "guts" of my 002r. I thought you guys might want to have a look inside!

Also, there's more about my screen situation in the other thread here: 4 Months with the Modal 002 & 008 - My impressions

Note, this unit is available for sale (details in link above)
That’s a kick ass deal. F the screen, it’s unnecessary. I can’t even see my unit, easier to do it all on the browser interface. SOMEONE JUMP ON THIS!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing ➡️
That’s a kick ass deal. F the screen, it’s unnecessary. I can’t even see my unit, easier to do it all on the browser interface. SOMEONE JUMP ON THIS!

Yes, but you still need to use the screen to set the internet settings to get the web browser to work unless I'm missing something.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes, but you still need to use the screen to set the internet settings to get the web browser to work unless I'm missing something.
You could just look at the devices on your network and get it that way.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
You could just look at the devices on your network and get it that way.
How would you do that exactly? I was always told you needed to enter it on the machine itself by Modal. I'm using a Mac mini...do I plug ethernet into the computer or directly into the router (I've done it both ways in the past) for this method? Then what?
Gear Addict
Quote:
How would you do that exactly? I was always told you needed to enter it on the machine itself by Modal. I'm using a Mac mini...do I plug ethernet into the computer or directly into the router (I've done it both ways in the past) for this method? Then what?
Open Terminal.app and type "arp -a" then hit Return. You can also try nmap, but it's not installed by default (for more info, aftrer installing, type "man nmap"). For more user friendly approach: If your Modal is connected via router, you can check logs in your router and maybe you will find Modal's IP there. But try "arp -a" first. Don't forget to connect your Modal to your network and turn it on first, giving some time to establish network connection.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I plug mine into a router. If you call up the router’s control interface, it’ll give you the address of every device on the network.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks so much normanion and zerocrossing. I tried the "arp -a" per the recommendation, but I can't get the addresses listed to connect to access the web app. Is this somehow a result of the programming in the screen that has been damaged? I don't know. It worked fine for a month or so. Is it user error? Also maybe. I'm not much of a computer tech guy.

I think the point is, if someone were to buy this I wouldn't guarantee it's going to work via web without a new screen. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Sale still on.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Thanks so much normanion and zerocrossing. I tried the "arp -a" per the recommendation, but I can't get the addresses listed to connect to access the web app. Is this somehow a result of the programming in the screen that has been damaged? I don't know. It worked fine for a month or so. Is it user error? Also maybe. I'm not much of a computer tech guy.

I think the point is, if someone were to buy this I wouldn't guarantee it's going to work via web without a new screen. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Sale still on.
(two remarks: it started as PM to donato, but I decided that some people might find it useful or contrary - something needs clarifying and making this public gives me opportunity to be criticised; I might use improper language, as I haven't been doing it for a decade now)

Hi There,

I am almost 100% sure screen does not affect network performance of your Modal 002 unless something went wrong in mean time. Let me try some things, but I might need information from you in worse cases. If this doesn't work, I will have to check some more techniques at my Modal 002 middle next week, when I will be within same network as my Modals.

I am assuming that you have modern Mac OS.

Please do this:
1) Open Network preferences (please, let me know, if you are unsure how to do it. You should go to System Preferences and then click Network icon)
2) In active network interface, when you choose it from list (mine is Wi-Fi), click "advanced" (should be lower right corner of window)
3) You should see lot of tabs. One of them is TCP/IP.
4) There are two fields:
- IPv4 (IP Address) - which is your Mac Mini's network address (mine is 192.168.2.104 - yours should look similar)
- Subnet mask (mine is 255.255.255.0 - yours should look similar, if not exactly the same)
5) Write down both numbers. You can close Preferences without saving anything (press "cancel" rather than "ok" or "apply").
6) Go to this address - https://nmap.org/download.html - scroll to Mac OS X Binaries, download "Latest stable release installer" and install like any other software. It is fairly safe as it is one of most widely used programs among professional, but you might need to visit Preferences (Security & Privacy icon in System Preferences) and then click "open anyway". After installation you now have nmap installed. But remember: with great power comes great responsibility. ;]

7) Open Terminal.app.
8) Now we need your network address and subnet mask. If you don't have mask configured as 255.255.255.0 or 255.255.0.0, you stop now and give me those numbers. :]
I will use my network address (remind you: 192.168.2.104) as an example:
9) If you have mask 255.255.255.0, your network address is three numbers from you IP Address and zero (mine is 192.168.2.0). For mask 255.255.0.0 your address would be two numbers and two zeroes (mine would be 192.168.0.0). It's that simple.
10) Now write command basing it on my example. Mine command would be:
nmap -p 80 192.168.2.0/24
If you have subnet mask 255.255.0.0 there will be /16 at the end.
-p 80 means that nmap will scan every address in your network and look for devices with port 80, that is exactly port that is used, when you write "http://" in your browser.
Read what is below your command after nmap finishes scanning. There should be bunch of network addresses. Open your browser and start inputing those in form:
http://address
One of them should be your Modal. You might also find your router or printer.

Do not be afraid to use this tool for your local network. You will not destroy anything. But do not attempt to scan whole Internet or bigger chunks of it.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Just look up your router’s manual and log into it’s control interface. On one tab there will be a bunch of devices currently on the network. One will be your 002.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks! I'll try those Monday when I have more time.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Just look up your router’s manual and log into it’s control interface. On one tab there will be a bunch of devices currently on the network. One will be your 002.
Do this, don’t install any unsigned software onto your Mac!
📝 Reply