Recreating rising synth on NE3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recreating rising synth on NE3
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Recreating rising synth on NE3

Hello guys and girls!

I wasn't sure whether this is the right place to post this, so please tell me if I should post this somewhere else.

I currently own a Mininova and a Nord Electro 3. I play in a coverband and we're looking to cover some dance songs. We're currently working on playing "one" by swedish house mafia.
I would like your help with a recreating a certain sound in the song: the rising synth you hear between 1:34 and 2:04 in this song Swedish House Mafia - One (Your Name) - YouTube
Someone tried to recreate it on a softsynth over here: How to make Swedish House Mafia 'One' Uprising Synth - YouTube

I'll be using my mininova to play the main synth riff between 1:34 and 2:04. The mininova is monotimbral, so I would like a bandmate to play the rising synth part on my nord electro 3.
The plan is to download a nord lead patch from the nord library. I was wondering if you could help with recreating a synth sound like this.

The last video I'd like to show you is a guy on youtube playing a similar rising synth sound on the nord stage: between 12:01 and 12:14 Nord Stage 2 | Live Band | Keyboard Cam | Part 02 - YouTube

Hope you can help, many thanks in advance
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
dawg thats a 303 and straight syncopation

btw doesnt that theme ever get old?
Old 9th October 2014
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Could you (or someone else) elaborate a bit on what is a 303 and straight syncopation? I know nothing about these terms. It would be greatly appreciated!
Old 9th October 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years

im sure your nord electro has some presets called something like 303 acid roland?

get one of them, find the knob marked cutoff / frequency

turn knob from low to high

collect bacon
๐Ÿ“ Reply