Quantcast
Arturia Minibrute SE - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia Minibrute SE
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
That bastard looks beautiful. Cannot resist. I'm buying it.
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Can we change the arpeggiator on the original Minibrute to a sequencer? Many have wondered if this was going to be available.
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
yawn, would rather buy a microbrute
Old 15th March 2014 | Show parent
Z6Z
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyas ➑️
Absolutely. Over midi it will not however.
What? Are you trying to say that MiniBrute wont send cv out if I sequence it with midi gear? Is it true? Lets say that I want MiniBrute to control my eurorack modular. If I'm going to use my Eelctribe ESX's midi out to sequence the Minibrute, it wont send cv out?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z6Z ➑️
What? Are you trying to say that MiniBrute wont send cv out if I sequence it with midi gear? Is it true? Lets say that I want MiniBrute to control my eurorack modular. If I'm going to use my Eelctribe ESX's midi out to sequence the Minibrute, it wont send cv out?
No, it won't turn the CV out information in Midi information. You can perfectly align arpeggio info to your DAW and in the meantime send the CV out (including arpeggio) to another synth in perfect sync. It's actually what I do in the track in my signature (with a Doepfer Dark Energy).
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm a bit flabbergasted why they left out the arpeggiator from the new model. It was one of the coolest features I think.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Looks great, sounds great, can't play my music on it. Not enough keys.
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looks nice,but I'll keep my original 'Brute and use a Dark Time.

(yeah, I know the Dark Time pushes the combined price out of the range of the SE but it's far more flexible IMO).
Old 16th March 2014 | Show parent
Z6Z
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVi ➑️
No, it won't turn the CV out information in Midi information. You can perfectly align arpeggio info to your DAW and in the meantime send the CV out (including arpeggio) to another synth in perfect sync. It's actually what I do in the track in my signature (with a Doepfer Dark Energy).
No-no, I dont want to translate cv to midi, but the opposite - I want to control my modular from the ESX, thru the MiniBrute's midi in. ESX (sends midi out) -> MiniBrute (receives midi in) -> modular (From minibrute's cv/gate out).

Did I really understood it all wrong lol? If yes then excuse me guys, there's been too much beer for me this weekend i guess :/
Old 16th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z6Z ➑️
No-no, I dont want to translate cv to midi, but the opposite - I want to control my modular from the ESX, thru the MiniBrute's midi in. ESX (sends midi out) -> MiniBrute (receives midi in) -> modular (From minibrute's cv/gate out).

Did I really understood it all wrong lol? If yes then excuse me guys, there's been too much beer for me this weekend i guess :/
You want to use it as a midi --> cv converter. You're correct, it will do as you described.
Old 19th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Now this is funny!

Arturia MiniBrute SE - Musikmesse 2014 - YouTube
Old 19th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruInSpace ➑️
"We decided to put that tap thing to record uh uh holes it's actually..."
"Uhhh... it's rests."
Old 19th March 2014
Deleted 60622ed
Anyone with a beard like that should be shot lol
Old 19th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDeux ➑️
"We decided to put that tap thing to record uh uh holes it's actually..."
"Uhhh... it's rests."
Wow he really did say that!
Never get high on the job!
Old 20th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by verve92 ➑️
Wow he really did say that!
Never get high on the job!
Well he did a lot better job than you or I if we had to give the interview in German or French, but it was kind of funny.
Old 22nd April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
OMG, I want this but I have a Microbrute.. I'm thinking of getting this one because I really really dig it's step sequencing.. For 14 hours this weekend, all I did was create loops using it's step sequencer on the Microbrute.. I'm thinking of getting a MINIBRUTE and let the MICRObrute step sequence the MINIbrute.. I'm new to the whole patching, CVout thing...

I really wished that the MICROBRUTE could sequence my bass station via MIDI but it can't..
Old 22nd April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpureus ➑️
Looks great, sounds great, can't play my music on it. Not enough keys.
I am with you on the aggravation of 25 keys. like the Minibrute, love the BSII, and intrigued by the system one. But 25 keys, just can't do it as a live player. It could be my own insecurities.
Old 22nd April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDeux ➑️
Well he did a lot better job than you or I if we had to give the interview in German or French, but it was kind of funny.
Right, because you know me so well and know what languages I speak and my playing ability.
Find someone to love or learn what jokes are.....
Old 31st July 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Has anyone got one of these yet?

I was wondering if the build quality is any different to the original, as I'm thinking of getting a brute in August. I probably wouldn't use the step sequencer or arpeggiator, so if it is built the same I guess it's just down to if I want wood end panels.
Old 31st July 2014
VST
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
So are the weights the only real build quality argument? I had a Brute and didn't have any weight problems, but if I did, I'd just use this stuff called glue or strong double stick tape. Kind of a non-issue on a $500 synth, no?

I agree that it's stupid to remove the arp(which, in a certain mode, could be used like a quasi-sequencer anyway)

They should have kept the arp and added the patch points as stated here before.

I'd take a used OG Brute and Micro combo before the SE any day. For the same price.
Old 31st July 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
The SE actually doesn't have any key weights. Guess people can't complain about them falling off if they were never there at all. I don't own a regular Mini to compare, but I am pretty sure the only difference is the finish, sequencer, and the removal of the weights. I believe Arturia said they improved the keybed on all Minibrute models after that batch that had some issues with the keybed.

I really like having the sequencer for my limited purposes, but it is the only real difference between the standard and SE, and I figure for most people it wont be worth extra.
Old 31st July 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
so the se keys act like unweighted minibrute keys and vibrate on quick release?
Old 16th August 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Just got one. unfortunately unimpressed. Cannot clock via cv/gate using external analog gear which makes NO sense at all. The micro triggers fine. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? bummed about this purchase.
Old 7th November 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I just picked one up on sale the local GC for $370. I had the original and traded it awhile back but have been missing the sound. Initially I was thinking I'd do the microbrute if I was going to get another brute but the price was right and I like having the additional controls. As others have said, no reason to upgrade if you already have the original but it's still a versatile & very unique sounding mono and the SE's seem to be going for pretty cheap right now. I definitely prefer having the sequencer over the arp for more complicated patterns (plus it's pretty easy to just dedicate one of the seq slots as an arp)

The only issue I can't figure out is the inability to latch the sequencer to free up both hands for knob twiddling. In a few of the early videos from musicmesse when they announced it I could have sworn they could latch the seq. I read through the manual but couldn't find a button combo for that function. Not really a deal breaker but it would be nice.
Old 15th November 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
This synth looks so sexy... can't resist
Old 15th November 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Has anyone come across any demo's of the Brutes softer side? Leads, mellow stuff?

Everything I've heard is aggressive crunchy stuff. I'm intrigued to know if it can pull off mellow in any way,shape or form.
Old 16th November 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
just purchased a minibrute se from my local guitar center and couldn't be happier, especially considering it was 380$ brand new! i chose this over the bass station 2 mainly because i like how there is one knob per function so u don't have to do a whole lot of menu diving. i also tend to like its gritty sound a bit more, and i definitely like the build quality better. the discount sweetens the deal, i couldn't be happier
Old 16th November 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by songa ➑️
just purchased a minibrute se from my local guitar center and couldn't be happier, especially considering it was 380$ brand new! i chose this over the bass station 2 mainly because i like how there is one knob per function so u don't have to do a whole lot of menu diving. i also tend to like its gritty sound a bit more, and i definitely like the build quality better. the discount sweetens the deal, i couldn't be happier
Hmmm build quality? Not sure what you mean. Arturia is the 5 year old ADD kid of synth quality.

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat earth ➑️
Has anyone come across any demo's of the Brutes softer side? Leads, mellow stuff?

Everything I've heard is aggressive crunchy stuff. I'm intrigued to know if it can pull off mellow in any way,shape or form.
Very good question. Unfortunately, not a lot of demos of these types of sounds. I have a MiniBrute and this is what I try yo coax out of it. It can be done and you can get some nice sounds and harmonics out of it. The secret it to adjust your knobs and sliders sparingly. For instance, in the oscillator mixer section just use a feather of adjustments. Many people jump on the synth and max out all the OSC waves and max out the "Brutefactor" I prefer to be more gentle with it. Even so with the envelopes.

Cheers
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat earth ➑️

100% Brute sans drums.

πŸ“ Reply