Quantcast
Cirklon note capacity? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cirklon note capacity?
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Cirklon note capacity?

Anyone know the note or event limit for it's sequencer? Can't find the answer anywhere. It has polyphonic note sequencing in CK mode yet there is no mention of the note or event limit anywhere.

It's not in the manual...
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC ➡️
Anyone know the note or event limit for it's sequencer? Can't find the answer anywhere. It has polyphonic note sequencing in CK mode yet there is no mention of the note or event limit anywhere.

It's not in the manual...
The internal memory has 2 MegaBytes (if I recall correctly). The note limit is not listed as far as I know.

The Cirklon does mono and poly patterns but it can also record a stream cc's into a cirklon pattern. So while there may be a finite limit how many individual notes it can contain, that will start to diminish & change as you start doing things like this so I am not too sure that the info you are asking for is "relevant" in the context of how one uses this machine.

2 MB might not seem like a lot but so far it has been quite sufficient for me. I have something like 20 songs in it right now with lots of scenes in each with lots of stuff happening the memory is 62% free. In 2 1/2 years I have not filled the memory once yet. (YMMV.) I have back up twice so far I believe.

If it gets to be too much I can dump the contents of the memory to an sd card and store it on my comp in a file labelled: Sorrow.

If you really need to know this info I suggest you email Sequentix along with any other questions you are unable to find the info for. Just be patient for an answer they are a small operation of 2 people and it takes some time for them to get through all the inquires they receive. They take good care of their customers.
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Dubtek is correct. The Sequentix website states memory capacity is 2mb.
Did you also ask this on the Cirklon forum ?
I did the math for you and answered there.
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I think he means how many notes can it play at the same time, rather than how much information it can store. I'd say the limit there would be the bandwidth of midi itself, multiplied by its five midi ports. Midi transmits at around 3kB a second.
Old 11th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitradix ➡️
I think he means how many notes can it play at the same time, rather than how much information it can store. I'd say the limit there would be the bandwidth of midi itself, multiplied by its five midi ports. Midi transmits at around 3kB a second.
No, he did mean how much data can it hold, not how many notes can it send.

It has 5 hardware MIDI ports but it also has 6 MIDI ports over USB + the CV expander has 8 gate outputs and there is a drum mux in development that will let you trigger drum sounds (32 I think), so it can send more notes than in your example.
Old 11th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch ➡️
Dubtek is correct. The Sequentix website states memory capacity is 2mb.
Did you also ask this on the Cirklon forum ?
I did the math for you and answered there.
Wow! That's a lotta meatballs!

You could have rounded up to 700K. Who is going to notice =/- 950 notes?
📝 Reply