Quantcast
Kontakt 5 - How to automate Pan?? (Individual Zones) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kontakt 5 - How to automate Pan?? (Individual Zones)
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Kontakt 5 - How to automate Pan?? (Individual Zones)

What up all,

Within Kontakt, if I have, for example, a few samples mapped out to different notes, I have two questions:

1 - Is there a way to automate only certain samples (zones)? If I want to automate the pitch of say a snare but not the rest of the samples, is there a way to do that? I know I can put the snare on it's own channel without the rest of the samples and just automate the pitch in Kontakt that way but what if I have a snare, a kick, hi hats, etc. all within Kontakt on one channel, is the only option to automate all of them?

2 - Certain parameters can be automated but I've noticed that I can't automate the pan within the mapping editor (is there a way to do this?). Similarly to my first question, if I have some kicks, snares, and hi hats mapped out but then want to automate just the panning of the hi hats within Kontakt, how can I do this? I'll attach a picture of what it is I'm trying to automate (highlighted in green).

Thanks for any insight.
Attached Thumbnails
Kontakt 5 - How to automate Pan?? (Individual Zones)-1.jpg  
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
You cannot automate zones in your DAW... you can try using zone envelopes though (in the Wave Editor) - but that's not the same thing. Depends if you want automation from your DAW, or not.

Easiest way would be putting single samples in their own groups then automating group pan. That would work.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…