Quantcast
8 voice polyphonic Filter/VCA unit - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
8 voice polyphonic Filter/VCA unit
Old 9th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
8 voice polyphonic Filter/VCA unit

Why doesn't this exist? I've been messing about all morning running my blofeld keys into an evolver desktop to utilize the analog filter and it occurred to me that I have a lot of mono filters that I can utilize for processing purposes. MF101, microbrute, evolver, BSII. There are certainly a lot of filter flavors there but they're all monophonic. Why doesn't someone make an analog filter unit in the vein of the waldorf 2 pole or the MF101 that is packed with atleast 4 filter/vca combos, midi in, and some sort of voice allocator?
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
You'd need a synth with 8 individual outs though

Something like an akai sampler would work
Old 9th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
ah yes, individual outputs. I didn't think of that and that is most certainly why it doesn't exist.
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Xpander but only 6, an a mod for in's, tho 15 filter types and massive vcf/vca control
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
The individual voices in the Omega 8/Code each have an input and an output that can be routed through the switchable filters. A guy on here once asked about using the Omega like this, but it's pretty expensive for a filter box...
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
you could just do it with a modular synth...theres a few companies who make 4x VCA and 8x VCA modules for example...
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffFuzz ➑️
ah yes, individual outputs. I didn't think of that and that is most certainly why it doesn't exist.
It's not the lack of individual audio outputs that make it infeasible. It's the lack of having a note on/off triggering device for each and every voice that would accompany each individual audio output.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangoon ➑️
It's not the lack of individual audio outputs that make it infeasible. It's the lack of having a note on/off triggering device for each and every voice that would accompany each individual audio output.
Not if you assign each voice to its own MIDI channel.
Old 9th March 2014
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffFuzz ➑️
Why doesn't this exist? I've been messing about all morning running my blofeld keys into an evolver desktop to utilize the analog filter and it occurred to me that I have a lot of mono filters that I can utilize for processing purposes. MF101, microbrute, evolver, BSII. There are certainly a lot of filter flavors there but they're all monophonic. Why doesn't someone make an analog filter unit in the vein of the waldorf 2 pole or the MF101 that is packed with atleast 4 filter/vca combos, midi in, and some sort of voice allocator?
patchbays
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTByrd ➑️
Not if you assign each voice to its own MIDI channel.
Granted, I see how that would work on modern instruments that have the facility for separate MIDI channels per voice. My point (that you have affirmed) was that individual audio outputs alone would not be sufficient.
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
With a modular you could do it and it wouldn't be that expensive. The doepfer filters aren't that expensive. With silent way it'd be a doozy
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
S.E. Code and omega 8 will do it.
And you have lots of filter options to choose from.
πŸ“ Reply