EDM producers needed - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EDM producers needed
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
EDM producers needed

Hey all,

I'm on the look out for any producers who can write in the following genres and are interested in getting involved in library music. Quality needs to be of commercial release standard.

please PM me with links to examples of work and i'll fill you in on more details

heres what we are looking for...

DnB
House
electro
Glitch Hop
Alt Hip hop

thanks
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

Realistically, marketing the music by genre for licensing seems kinda...not a great idea.

The guys I know that buy library music don't think "you know what this scene needs? A glo-fi track with a dubstep drop." They might think "dubstep" where your sub-genrified mind goes "well, actually it's not dubstep, but a hybrid bro step/psy-trance/ambient/maximalistic*trails off into pompous hipsterdom so very full of pretense*"

Seriously though, I hope you get some good response and connect with some cats that you dig working with.
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Thanks for your words of wisdom, this thread would of really
struggled without your kind words of advise.

House is pretty different from DnB so not really sure its sub genre'ing and being pompous, more asking for what we need.

Maybe just stick to posting in threads where you can be positive

Thanks anyway though
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

What is really that different with house vs DnB, really? And where does "jungle" fit in? Last I checked, the minutiae is in the drum programming...

Can one make a fusion of the two or are the secret police already on to me?

I was more talkin about "alt hip hop" and "glitch hip hop." That's where you lost me from well-intentioned startup to hipster pretense.

But, I WAS trying to be positive and give you my tip to not market it that way. When you're building the library, who cares if I think you're a pompous hipster? If that's getting you the submissions you seek, great! But I was trying to be supportive and say "it's fine to talk about it this way on the boards, but you're gonna have a bad time marketing it to non-electronic musicians if you talk to THEM in terms of sub-genre.

But, take offense and think of me as another "hater." It's easy to demonize the well-intentioned stranger on a forum. Scape goat me if you need to.

But, you don't know me or my credentials in the film world and I don't feel like whipping it out to compare sizes.
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
^^^^^^^
some of the dumbest schitt i have
read on here in awhile
well played
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Im sure theres enough of it out there you could licence for very little
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Once again thanks Donsolo! I bow to your greater knowledge

Anyway now we all know your thoughts can you please kindly troll off and go ruin another thread so others who would like to read and take opportunities in a positive way can do so in peace.

Thanks
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

Oh I have more thoughts....

Many of which would get me a warning by the moderators for making personal attacks. I'm trying to be nice, though.

That being said, way to innovate the whole music library industry. Im sure you've got that fresh perspective and approach that will stand out against all of the other libraries. I'm sure everyone is super-keen on your transparency. You're soliciting for work without being up front about pay and terms. So, you think I'm trolling, I think I'm trying to help you get your act together so you don't crash and burn, taking the tracks of my fellow gear slutz with you, many of which produce fine works.

You also posted this on the main board, not the industry offers sub forum, which says you don't respect the community enough to look at the top of the page and say "my post belongs there."

Who cares what I think about sub-genre x or my lack of ability to appreciate the fine, nuanced differences between alt hip hop and glitch hip hop. You keep taking offense to the fact that I'm anti-sub-genre but missing what I'm trying to tell you which is "if you want to be successful, you gotta humble up and get your act together, playa."

But then again, what do I know? I'm a random stranger on the internet with a big opinion and questionable background. It's not like I've ever worked with film producers, music supervisors or licensed anything or written for a library before...oh wait...
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…