Quantcast
Arturia to announce something new at Musik Messe 2014 - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia to announce something new at Musik Messe 2014
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #31
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague ➡️
Nanobrute?

No detune? Not interested.
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #32
Deleted 00e8205
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague ➡️
Nanobrute?

But where's the Brute Factor™ knob?
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #33
Lives for gear
 
maisonvague's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Sorry. Had to cut a few corners.

But you're right about that: Brute Factor™ is essential. I'll speak with the designers about it immediately.
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #34
Lives for gear
 
maisonvague's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
OK. How about this?

Attached Thumbnails
Arturia to announce something new at Musik Messe 2014-arturia_nanobrute_03.jpg  
Old 9th March 2014
  #35
Lives for gear
 
asynchro_nous's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Is that high C really necessary?

Ha
Old 9th March 2014
  #36
Deleted 60622ed
Guest
aftertouch?
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #37
Deleted 00e8205
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague ➡️
OK. How about this?

I'd buy it
Old 9th March 2014
  #38
Deleted 60622ed
Guest
Yeah maybe if there was a rack version....
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #39
Lives for gear
 
maisonvague's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 60622ed ➡️
aftertouch?
Sorry, but that would put it out of the target price range.

As a consolation perhaps you'll be pleased to know an exciting new technology is being developed for the much-anticipated MaxiBrute called BeforeTouch™

Amazing things happen before you even begin to play!
Old 9th March 2014
  #40
Lives for gear
 
goony's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
I for one will not be looking at anything Arturia, all due to their shocking tech & customer support. Their support hasnt even been on Arturia's own forum for minilab since November last year, despite many users asking for help there..
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #41
Lives for gear
 
rockreid's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague ➡️
Nanobrute?

pretty funny but actually they could do this in a Waldorf form factor a la their 2-Pole and Spreadable Fats string synth. Just drop the keyboard altogether.
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #42
Lives for gear
 
payt's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I'm guessing it'll be the maxibrute.. 2 oscs, suboscs, maybe 2 filters and all the minibrute features otherwise.. maybe a new waveform?

Either that, or like some have suggested an analog drum machine.. that's be totally killer, especially if it's in the $500 range. They can use the beatstep design and just sortof throw analog circuitry in there, and there ya go, Bob's your uncle .. it's bound to happen some time, so why not now..
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #43
Lives for gear
 
payt's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague ➡️
OK. How about this?

Yup very nice.. but how about the EDM version with just the white keys?
Old 9th March 2014
  #44
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Arturia Brokensoftwarebrute
Old 9th March 2014
  #45
Lives for gear
 
steveswisher's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
They've been running sales on their software collection. I'm going to guess a version 4 is on the way.
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #46
Lives for gear
 
skira's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveswisher ➡️
They've been running sales on their software collection. I'm going to guess a version 4 is on the way.
Maybe. But they've periodically been doing these sales for years, and in mid-2012 they gave away the V-Collection 2 with every purchase of the original Spark.
Old 9th March 2014
  #47
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
really hoping its V4 and they finally add scale-able GUIs!
Old 9th March 2014
  #48
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
About 18 months ago, I seem to remember various reports of someone connected to the Minibrute project - was it Yves himself ? - specifically downplaying the prospects of a poly. However - that was 18 months ago. I wonder if anything has changed ?
Old 9th March 2014
  #49
Lives for gear
 
xanderbeanz's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
They need to do something nice looking with wood sides, whatever it is.
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #50
Gear Guru
 
Yoozer's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell r. ➡️
About 18 months ago, I seem to remember various reports of someone connected to the Minibrute project - was it Yves himself ? - specifically downplaying the prospects of a poly. However - that was 18 months ago. I wonder if anything has changed ?
I recall this as well. I hope that it's been a runaway success for them (well, seeing they released the MicroBrute, it probably was) and that it changed their minds.
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
  #51
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Every time Arturia is going to launch something I ask for this: Synthi V PLEASE!!!!!
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
  #52
Lives for gear
 
muziksculp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Could it be the next generation Origin Modular Synth ?
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
  #53
Lives for gear
 
skira's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➡️
Could it be the next generation Origin Modular Synth ?
LOL. Biggest mistake the company made this century. I doubt they'd want anything new to have the Origin taint on it in the minds of potential buyers.
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
  #54
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
I'm sceptical whether their synth software will ever get properly updated, tbh...
Old 10th March 2014
  #55
Lives for gear
 
volumetrik's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Ha reminds me of this

Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
  #56
Lives for gear
 
muziksculp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skira ➡️
LOL. Biggest mistake the company made this century. I doubt they'd want anything new to have the Origin taint on it in the minds of potential buyers.
Well... Yes, I agree, that's a very remote possibility. Especially given that Arturia's Origin Synth was not a popular product, which could lead them to make a much better next generation model.

But then again, chances of this happening is close to zero
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
  #57
Lives for gear
 
7Wave's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by payt ➡️
I'm guessing it'll be the maxibrute.. 2 oscs, suboscs, maybe 2 filters and all the minibrute features otherwise.. maybe a new waveform?

Either that, or like some have suggested an analog drum machine.. that's be totally killer, especially if it's in the $500 range. They can use the beatstep design and just sortof throw analog circuitry in there, and there ya go, Bob's your uncle .. it's bound to happen some time, so why not now..
I think a Maxibrute (or just 'Brute') would be a good move, since people clearly want a multi-oscillator monophonic synth. The most common critique I hear about the Minibrute is that it sounds a bit thin and plain on its own.

And if they want to make a Poly Brute somewhere down the line, they can give it four voices, 2 osc/voice plus sub, price it at $1,000 and watch DSI and Elektron shake in their shoes.

If they do make an analog drum machine, I hope it's closer to the $1,000 range and more full featured.
Old 10th March 2014
  #58
Lives for gear
 
conanb's Avatar
Now that it's been brought up; I do recall some 'insider' mention of an Origin 2 over on the Arturia forums toward the end of last year. Could have been complete speculation but would be a strange one to mention considering the Origin 1 was never properly finished. I always thought it was a great idea for a synth (and the SOS review does mention that it is a different kind of synth to anything else out there) but it seems (a bit like the Tempest) that the core customer base are still complaining about basic expected functionality still outstanding from the last updates.
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
  #59
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by conanb ➡️
Now that it's been brought up; I do recall some 'insider' mention of an Origin 2 over on the Arturia forums toward the end of last year. Could have been complete speculation but would be a strange one to mention considering the Origin 1 was never properly finished. I always thought it was a great idea for a synth (and the SOS review does mention that it is a different kind of synth to anything else out there) but it seems (a bit like the Tempest) that the core customer base are still complaining about basic expected functionality still outstanding from the last updates.
This would be the last thing I'd expect. Something tells me the Origin is not a very big seller, especially compared to Arturia's toy format synths.
Old 10th March 2014
  #60
Lives for gear
 
xanderbeanz's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
I've been reading Amazona a lot, and in the translation errors a 4-poly synth always has "4 Votes" I really like that.

Give me a 4 vote poly synth, Arturia! Lol
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 123 views: 64469
Avatar for Deleted 4c3c464
Deleted 4c3c464 25th September 2019
replies: 717 views: 146947
Avatar for Spider76
Spider76 20th April 2021
replies: 79 views: 24705
Avatar for analog greg
analog greg 20th January 2016
replies: 259 views: 42438
Avatar for Abient Boy
Abient Boy 12th March 2021
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump