Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague ➡️
Nanobrute?

But where's the Brute Factor™ knob?
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sorry. Had to cut a few corners.

But you're right about that: Brute Factor™ is essential. I'll speak with the designers about it immediately.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
OK. How about this?

Attached Thumbnails
Arturia to announce something new at Musik Messe 2014-arturia_nanobrute_03.jpg  
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is that high C really necessary?

Ha
Old 9th March 2014
Deleted 60622ed
aftertouch?
Deleted 00e8205
Quote:
OK. How about this?

I'd buy it
Old 9th March 2014
Deleted 60622ed
Yeah maybe if there was a rack version....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 60622ed ➡️
aftertouch?
Sorry, but that would put it out of the target price range.

As a consolation perhaps you'll be pleased to know an exciting new technology is being developed for the much-anticipated MaxiBrute called BeforeTouch™

Amazing things happen before you even begin to play!
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I for one will not be looking at anything Arturia, all due to their shocking tech & customer support. Their support hasnt even been on Arturia's own forum for minilab since November last year, despite many users asking for help there..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Nanobrute?

pretty funny but actually they could do this in a Waldorf form factor a la their 2-Pole and Spreadable Fats string synth. Just drop the keyboard altogether.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm guessing it'll be the maxibrute.. 2 oscs, suboscs, maybe 2 filters and all the minibrute features otherwise.. maybe a new waveform?

Either that, or like some have suggested an analog drum machine.. that's be totally killer, especially if it's in the $500 range. They can use the beatstep design and just sortof throw analog circuitry in there, and there ya go, Bob's your uncle .. it's bound to happen some time, so why not now..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
OK. How about this?

Yup very nice.. but how about the EDM version with just the white keys?
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Arturia Brokensoftwarebrute
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
They've been running sales on their software collection. I'm going to guess a version 4 is on the way.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveswisher ➡️
They've been running sales on their software collection. I'm going to guess a version 4 is on the way.
Maybe. But they've periodically been doing these sales for years, and in mid-2012 they gave away the V-Collection 2 with every purchase of the original Spark.
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
really hoping its V4 and they finally add scale-able GUIs!
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
About 18 months ago, I seem to remember various reports of someone connected to the Minibrute project - was it Yves himself ? - specifically downplaying the prospects of a poly. However - that was 18 months ago. I wonder if anything has changed ?
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
They need to do something nice looking with wood sides, whatever it is.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell r. ➡️
About 18 months ago, I seem to remember various reports of someone connected to the Minibrute project - was it Yves himself ? - specifically downplaying the prospects of a poly. However - that was 18 months ago. I wonder if anything has changed ?
I recall this as well. I hope that it's been a runaway success for them (well, seeing they released the MicroBrute, it probably was) and that it changed their minds.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Every time Arturia is going to launch something I ask for this: Synthi V PLEASE!!!!!
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Could it be the next generation Origin Modular Synth ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➡️
Could it be the next generation Origin Modular Synth ?
LOL. Biggest mistake the company made this century. I doubt they'd want anything new to have the Origin taint on it in the minds of potential buyers.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'm sceptical whether their synth software will ever get properly updated, tbh...
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ha reminds me of this

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skira ➡️
LOL. Biggest mistake the company made this century. I doubt they'd want anything new to have the Origin taint on it in the minds of potential buyers.
Well... Yes, I agree, that's a very remote possibility. Especially given that Arturia's Origin Synth was not a popular product, which could lead them to make a much better next generation model.

But then again, chances of this happening is close to zero
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by payt ➡️
I'm guessing it'll be the maxibrute.. 2 oscs, suboscs, maybe 2 filters and all the minibrute features otherwise.. maybe a new waveform?

Either that, or like some have suggested an analog drum machine.. that's be totally killer, especially if it's in the $500 range. They can use the beatstep design and just sortof throw analog circuitry in there, and there ya go, Bob's your uncle .. it's bound to happen some time, so why not now..
I think a Maxibrute (or just 'Brute') would be a good move, since people clearly want a multi-oscillator monophonic synth. The most common critique I hear about the Minibrute is that it sounds a bit thin and plain on its own.

And if they want to make a Poly Brute somewhere down the line, they can give it four voices, 2 osc/voice plus sub, price it at $1,000 and watch DSI and Elektron shake in their shoes.

If they do make an analog drum machine, I hope it's closer to the $1,000 range and more full featured.
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

Now that it's been brought up; I do recall some 'insider' mention of an Origin 2 over on the Arturia forums toward the end of last year. Could have been complete speculation but would be a strange one to mention considering the Origin 1 was never properly finished. I always thought it was a great idea for a synth (and the SOS review does mention that it is a different kind of synth to anything else out there) but it seems (a bit like the Tempest) that the core customer base are still complaining about basic expected functionality still outstanding from the last updates.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by conanb ➡️
Now that it's been brought up; I do recall some 'insider' mention of an Origin 2 over on the Arturia forums toward the end of last year. Could have been complete speculation but would be a strange one to mention considering the Origin 1 was never properly finished. I always thought it was a great idea for a synth (and the SOS review does mention that it is a different kind of synth to anything else out there) but it seems (a bit like the Tempest) that the core customer base are still complaining about basic expected functionality still outstanding from the last updates.
This would be the last thing I'd expect. Something tells me the Origin is not a very big seller, especially compared to Arturia's toy format synths.
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I've been reading Amazona a lot, and in the translation errors a 4-poly synth always has "4 Votes" I really like that.

Give me a 4 vote poly synth, Arturia! Lol
📝 Reply