Arranger module for Kronos? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arranger module for Kronos?
Old 8th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Arranger module for Kronos?

Hi

I'm a songwriter, and I've just got a Korg Kronos 73X. The pianos sound fantastic to me, and this is one of the reasons I went for the Kronos. Another is the audio recording facility. My hope is that this machine will allow me to quickly put together high quality recordings of my songs for demo purposes (without going to a computer DAW). However, I'm finding getting around the unit to be steep learning curve, and I'm wondering if I've bitten off more than I can chew, especially since I was hoping that I could use Karma as a basic arranger by way of drums and bass guitar accompaniment to my piano playing -- but I think this is going to involve a lot more work than I anticipated.

So I'm wondering if anyone could recommend an arranger module that I could link to the Kronos?
Old 22nd April 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Try getting something like the korg microarranger or even better the korg pa600. You can get quick arrangements with them and then trigger the Kronos sounds on the tracks that you would rather have the Kronos sounds on... You could also use something like Band in a Box for making arrangements very easily and by midi have all Korg Kronos sounds.

God bless
Old 22nd April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I am gonna catch heck for this, but, I would got a Roland BK9 and called it a day.
Old 22nd April 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
The Roland would be fine just as any other arranger. After all the user would just be using it for the midi accomps to trigger the sounds in the keyboard he has. That's why I recommended looking at band in the box...simple and lots of great riffs and he can use his computer.

But the Roland would work too. If he went that route there is also the BK-7M backing module which is compact and can just sit on top of or next to the keyboard...might like that for ease of use and not taking up much space.

God bless!
Old 22nd April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT ➡️
The Roland would be fine just as any other arranger. After all the user would just be using it for the midi accomps to trigger the sounds in the keyboard he has. That's why I recommended looking at band in the box...simple and lots of great riffs and he can use his computer.

But the Roland would work too. If he went that route there is also the BK-7M backing module which is compact and can just sit on top of or next to the keyboard...might like that for ease of use and not taking up much space.

God bless!
You are being too kind. I meant the BK9 as stand alone and sell the Kronos
Old 23rd April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Why not create a combi that uses a piano, the baseline and drums?
Fairly easy to set up.
You then can copy that combi to a sequence.
If you want you can create a template song from that.
Record baseline/drums. (You can use Karma for some nice templates.)
Copy various elements to create a song structure.
And then play the piano real-time.

Sure you can do a heck of a lot but if you keep it very basic it should be doable.
You even can add audio tracks if you cooked something up already. (No mp3's afik)
📝 Reply