Quantcast
Creamware Pro 12 ASB - can't get software to work - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Creamware Pro 12 ASB - can't get software to work
Old 7th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Creamware Pro 12 ASB - can't get software to work

I have tried it now on OSX Leopard and Snow Leopard. When I open the Pro 12 Software, I get "Failed to create temporary file name (Error 13: Permission Denied)"

Then when I try to download or upload banks, I get "Message: Specify a target file!". I have tried selecting the bank, selecting the file, adding a new file, opening a file from disk - no matter what, I still get this message.

I have combed the manual and no clues. I really just want to be able to save and load presets. Has anyone had success with this on OSX 10.5 or 10.6?

I have the activation key, but I am afraid to update the Firmware while I am getting these problems as I have read in other threads about people bricking them that way.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 7th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
[QUOTE=captainjc;9919169]I have tried it now on OSX Leopard and Snow Leopard. When I open the Pro 12 Software, I get "Failed to create temporary file name (Error 13: Permission Denied)"

Then when I try to download or upload banks, I get "Message: Specify a target file!". I have tried selecting the bank, selecting the file, adding a new file, opening a file from disk - no matter what, I still get this message.

I have combed the manual and no clues. I really just want to be able to save and load presets. Has anyone had success with this on OSX 10.5 or 10.6?

I have the activation key, but I am afraid to update the Firmware while I am getting these problems as I have read in other threads about people bricking them that way.

Thanks,
Jeremy[/QUOTE

Have you tried using the software on a PC? I have the Minimax ASB and the software operates fine on a PC. I haven't tried it on a Mac. it's a bit buggy but I'm sure that would have been sorted out if they had continued on.....which they didn't...However.....I have been able to contact Sonic Core with some Noah software issues (more licenses) and they did respond back. That's kind of rare. Give that a shot....and try it on a PC.
Old 7th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Works fine on my pc. Can't comment on a mac sorry.
Despite the fact Creamware/Sonic Core aren't in business any more, they're good at getting back in touch.
Ferrofish actually own the rights to the ASB boxes these days.
Old 7th March 2014 | Show parent
Deleted 8dcaace
Quote:
Originally Posted by binman_uk ➡️
Despite the fact Creamware/Sonic Core aren't in business any more, they're good at getting back in touch.
Just to be clear, Creamware are not in business anymore. Sonic Core is very much in business.
Old 7th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Just tried it in XP under Parallels and yes, no problems there. Thanks for your help all!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…